The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GG said:

Do me a favor - go to your FB or Insta account and tell the world that YOU like Michele Obama because she's articulate and well spoken.  Then get back to us.

Worked for Joe Biden with her Hubby. Biden made it to VP. ?‍♀️

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Worked for Joe Biden with her Hubby. Biden made it to VP. ?‍♀️

Apparently Joe would have gotten away with it even if he was in blackface while handing some cotton to Michele

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Do me a favor - go to your FB or Insta account and tell the world that YOU like Michele Obama because she's articulate and well spoken.  Then get back to us.

And therein lies the problem right there.  I bet you guys are just all over Facebook and Instagram and Twitter every single day.  You've circled yourselves into toilet bowls that need plunging.

Done.  Off the Wall is enough non-football dialogue for me.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You missed the argument.  Go over to the the other thread if you want to see it.  I'm done now.  I've explained myself well enough.  You could argue me wrong on some other points I've made over here.  I'm not wrong on DC Tom being a racist, at least in the context of that conversation.

Buh-bye.

You're dumb.

I read the threads I just dont comment a lot. The way I read it/interpreted it, you are a leftie/democrat, and using that language (if done by someone other than the left, could you imagine the outrage if trump or a republican said that?) is a no no. DC Tom's was pointing out this fact out in his own unique way. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I could have sworn you did that yesterday?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I read the threads I just dont comment a lot. The way I read it/interpreted it, you are a leftie/democrat, and using that language (if done by someone other than the left, could you imagine the outrage if trump or a republican said that?) is a no no. DC Tom's was pointing out this fact out in his own unique way. 

The difference being that you can read, but the chump clearly can't.

I mean, it's not like I was subtle.  A bit viciously Socratic, maybe, but a microcephalic chipmunk should have been able to see my point the third time I explained it.  

3 minutes ago, GG said:

I could have sworn you did that yesterday?

I think he's taken his ball and gone home four times already.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This place is toxic and really sucks, largely because of racist picks like you.

I hope you do some self exploration. 

Back to the Wall. PPP is pointless.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And therein lies the problem right there.  I bet you guys are just all over Facebook and Instagram and Twitter every single day.  You've circled yourselves into toilet bowls that need plunging.

Meltdown of the month ???

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c797c265671423577

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I missed the start of this conversation (thank goodness), but if you come down here with well-reasoned dialog and arguments,  it is a great place to expand your world view. There are plenty of Conservatives, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and political mutts (of which I include myself in that category) coming together to politely agree to disagree about politics and society.

Name calling, while allowed (and sometimes encouraged - SMH), seldom advances the debate. 

IOW, PPP is a very interesting subforum. You will learn a lot, disagree a lot, and agree with some. Don't come down with both barrels blazing and expect to be welcomed with open arms. There is a lot of testosterone down here (excluding me), and sometimes it gets chippy. Wade in slowly, get to "know" the players, and then please come back with your well reasoned,  sourced (fair warning CNN and WaPo are disparaged as sources),  contributions. Opposing views are welcome as they advance debate!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I find the circle of life of these morons exceptionally amusing.

Phase 1:  "Everyone on PPP is rude and disgusting and mean, I'll never go there for reasonable discussions"

Phase 2: Goes to PPP "you are all racists, sheep, or hypocrite douche bags!"

Phase 3:  "Everyone on PPP is rude to me, I knew this place sucked!"

Imagine a guy who hates black people, goes to a black neighborhood and screams the n-word and accosts people, gets his ass kicked, and then says, "see, I told you!"

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I missed the start of this conversation (thank goodness), but if you come down here with well-reasoned dialog and arguments,  it is a great place to expand your world view. There are plenty of Conservatives, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and political mutts (of which I include myself in that category) coming together to politely agree to disagree about politics and society.

Name calling, while allowed (and sometimes encouraged - SMH), seldom advances the debate. 

IOW, PPP is a very interesting subforum. You will learn a lot, disagree a lot, and agree with some. Don't come down with both barrels blazing and expect to be welcomed with open arms. There is a lot of testosterone down here (excluding me), and sometimes it gets chippy. Wade in slowly, get to "know" the players, and then please come back with your well reasoned,  sourced (fair warning CNN and WaPo are disparaged as sources),  contributions. Opposing views are welcome as they advance debate!

it goes without saying that big girl panties are required at all times. a self effacing attitude with the ability to say, i may be wrong helps.  when you start out saying, 'gosh i hate coming to PPP', well, you have set the tone before you have even started. 

he missed the point completely. he thinks it is all about insulting one another, when that is the furthest thing this place is about. yet be prepared to be called an idiot when you are being an idiot. if you can understand that your being an idiot, well... your on your way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it goes without saying that big girl panties are required at all times. a self effacing attitude with the ability to say, i may be wrong helps.  when you start out saying, 'gosh i hate coming to PPP', well, you have set the tone before you have even started. 

he missed the point completely. he thinks it is all about insulting one another, when that is the furthest thing this place is about. yet be prepared to be called an idiot when you are being an idiot. if you can understand that your being an idiot, well... your on your way.

But I didn't call him an idiot.  I called him a moron.  

I wouldn't dignify him with "idiot."  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

So shouldn't people be prepared to be called a racist when they are being racist?

If DC Tom could simply admit he was being racist (I can say he might not be overtly racist, but he was absolutely being racist), your argument would make sense.

But that's not what he's doing.

He's calling an analysis of a candidate racist just because it contained a "buzzword" and he was attributing that buzzword to some generalized standard.

He brought race into a conversation where it was literally irrelevant.

So again, I ask, if your standards are that people should be prepared to be called an idiot when they are being idiots, why shouldn't he be held to that standard and admit to his own racist post?

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Here, I'll explain how it started.

I posted this in response to a question about what qualified Michelle Obama as a candidate to run:

She worked in the Public sector as an Assistant to the Mayor of Chicago, Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development, Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago developing the University's Community Service Center, worked as executive director for community affairs and then as Vice President for Community and External Affairs for Chicago Hospitals.

She's super smart, graduating from Princeton and then Harvard law school.

She's very well-spoken, which would help in addressing not only the public, but also in foreign relations.

She's a fantastic role-model.

That more than checks any boxes she would need, especially now that so many boxes have been eliminated with our current president.

If Michelle Obama ran for President, she would win.  If she ran against Trump, it wouldn't surprise me if he would bow out knowing the inevitable outcome.

But she's not running, so no point in discussing it, really.  But I was challenged to answer a question, so I did.

to which DC Tom replied:

Ahh, yes.  The "Well-Spoken Black."  Not racist at all.

Except, of course, I didn't say black, so I don't know why on earth he put that in quotes.... clearly that's what he's thinking about, though.

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So shouldn't people be prepared to be called a racist when they are being racist?

If DC Tom could simply admit he was being racist (I can say he might not be overtly racist, but he was absolutely being racist), your argument would make sense.

He's calling an analysis of a candidate racist just because it contained a "buzzword" and he was attributing that buzzword to some generalized standard.

So again, I ask, if your standards are that people should be prepared to be called an idiot when they are being idiots, why shouldn't he be held to that standard and admit to his own racist post?

we all know @DC Tom is the biggest idiot here. so, there is that. 

however, and i can't believe i have to say this but... chances are that when more than one person here is telling you the same thing, it would be best to reexamine your premise. it may simply be that you have not presented it in the best possible way or it may be that, indeed,  you're a moron. the choice is yours to decide.

as @Buffalo_Gal and @Deranged Rhino pointed out in a very thoughtful and considerate manner, honest thought out discussion is welcomed no matter what point of the spectrum you come from. critical thinking can be the hardest thing at times but should not be impossible. leaps of logic are often where that critical thinking falters.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

we all know @DC Tom is the biggest idiot here. so, there is that. 

however, and i can't believe i have to say this but... chances are that when more than one person here is telling you the same thing, it would be best to reexamine your premise. it may simply be that you have not presented it in the best possible way or it may be that, you're a moron. the choice is yours to decide.

Actually, the choice is mine.  I am the ultimate authority on people being idiots or morons.  He's a moron.

Remember, as a moderator once said: "If you're calling someone an idiot, chances are you're an idiot.  If DC Tom is calling you an idiot, you're an idiot."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're not very good at this.

YOU used a condescending slight that's historically been associated with the soft racism of applying a lower standard to black people.

You got called out on it and started crying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wade in slowly, get to "know" the players, and then please come back with your well reasoned,  sourced (fair warning CNN and WaPo are disparaged as sources),  contributions. Opposing views are welcome as they advance debate!

Unless they agree with the Trump positions..then they are fine and exemplary examples of journalistic integrity!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here, I'll explain how it started.

I posted this in response to a question about what qualified Michelle Obama as a candidate to run:

She worked in the Public sector as an Assistant to the Mayor of Chicago, Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development, Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago developing the University's Community Service Center, worked as executive director for community affairs and then as Vice President for Community and External Affairs for Chicago Hospitals.

She's super smart, graduating from Princeton and then Harvard law school.

She's very well-spoken, which would help in addressing not only the public, but also in foreign relations.

She's a fantastic role-model.

That more than checks any boxes she would need, especially now that so many boxes have been eliminated with our current president.

If Michelle Obama ran for President, she would win.  If she ran against Trump, it wouldn't surprise me if he would bow out knowing the inevitable outcome.

But she's not running, so no point in discussing it, really.  But I was challenged to answer a question, so I did.

to which DC Tom replied:

Ahh, yes.  The "Well-Spoken Black."  Not racist at all.

Except, of course, I didn't say black, so I don't know why on earth he put that in quotes.... clearly that's what he's thinking about, though.

The "very well spoken" remark in your post harkens back to Joe Biden and his soft-bigotry of former President Obama.  Look up the youtube clips if you are unfamiliar with what he said, they are out there.  

Maybe the questions should have been... why are you supporting her? What qualifications does she have? 

Her Chicago hospital job was given to her when her husband became a Senator, and not filled since he left office. 
Why did she give up her law degree 9 years before having children? 

Many, many people dislike Michelle Obama and do not find her to be the least bit qualified for public office. They pick on her looks (a person's least important attribute), her job history, giving up her law licenses for undisclosed reasons (it is on the Illinois Bar association website, you can find it there), lack of political office experience (not necessarily a bad thing), and the fatigue of the US Press fangirling her while ignoring the ex-model who is our current first lady.  

However, this is the Trump Economy thread. You and I may want to take this discussion to the Democratic 2020 Primary thread where the possibility of her running would be on-topic. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Awesome! (+1) 1