GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You guys are ***** racist idiots.

Seriously.

I'm out before I get kicked out permanently. 

I'm sure the cronyism could make that happen quickly.

Is that because we're the ones who are disparaging intelligent black people?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Seriously.

I'm out before I get kicked out permanently. 

I'm sure the cronyism could make that happen quickly.

right. off to your analysis of quarterbacks.

:lol:

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Shut up you racist dumbass.

You're pathetic. I love how you ran away from the other thread where the evidence of your own blatant racism is.

The thread where you tried to make a distinction between "practically" everyone and "literally" everyone?  Where I called you a moron, and you wet your pants over it...then proceeded to demonstrate you're a bigger moron than anyone at first thought?  That thread?  Somehow that made me racist?  :lol:

In the meantime, your indulging in this nonsense. 

But everyone else is the problem.  Not your dog whistling

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do you get paid based on the number of time you call people racists? Because it seems like all you do. Maybe that's why you're melting down, y'know.

Just a thought.

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In the meantime, your indulging in this nonsense. 

Not to take this thread away from the economy, but I am not sure about some of the ideas in that article, and I do think it impacts economic success and opportunity.

in a job where demonstrating and using hard skills is the barometer of success, then language and use of the language means very little.

In other "knowledge jobs" , language and use of the language is hugely important. I immediately dismiss people who cannot use the language correctly, and plenty of them are white,  so-called "educated" people. PLenty are people of color. My point is, it just does not matter to me, what matters to me if you are going to work with me or represent my product or company etc, I expect a certain proficiency with the English language.

And to blindly say that should not matter is just wrong to me. It is a barrier to success, no matter whether you are white, black, Asian , Hispanic etc. I worked with an organization many moons ago created and still lead by immigrants, that identified language skills as the biggest barrier to economic success for immigrants, and does yeoman work on the topic.

https://www.usenglish.org/history/

I long ago stopped saying" well spoken" "articulate" etc about anyone, as I believe it does denote bias.

However, I will maintain that saying" screw it, this is how I talk and how I hack up the language, you need to adjust to me" as a society is wrong and holds people back.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about accents and use of some slang terms..but more following the rules we all learned  in grade school and high school.

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not to take this thread away from the economy, but I am not sure about some of the ideas in that article, and I do think it impacts economic success and opportunity.

in a job where demonstrating and using hard skills is the barometer of success, then language and use of the language means very little.

In other "knowledge jobs" , language and use of the language is hugely important. I immediately dismiss people who cannot use the language correctly, and plenty of them are white,  so-called "educated" people. PLenty are people of color. My point is, it just does not matter to me, what matters to me if you are going to work with me or represent my product or company etc, I expect a certain proficiency with the English language.

And to blindly say that should not matter is just wrong to me. It is a barrier to success, no matter whether you are white, black, Asian , Hispanic etc. I worked with an organization many moons ago created and still lead by immigrants, that identified language skills as the biggest barrier to economic success for immigrants, and does yeoman work on the topic.

https://www.usenglish.org/history/

I long ago stopped saying" well spoken" "articulate" etc about anyone, as I believe it does denote bias.

However, I will maintain that saying" screw it, this is how I talk and how I hack up the language, you need to adjust to me" as a society is wrong and holds people back.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about accents and use of some slang terms..but more following the rules we all learned  in grade school and high school.

I tend to agree...but keep in mind, I'm just hoisting chump here on his own progressive petard.  The point isn't to argue the value of proper usage (more accurately named "common usage," for the reasons you describe) but to demonstrate his racism and take him to task for it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I tend to agree...but keep in mind, I'm just hoisting chump here on his own progressive petard.  The point isn't to argue the value of proper usage (more accurately named "common usage," for the reasons you describe) but to demonstrate his racism and take him to task for it.

always understood.. I was just commenting after reading that one piece. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Except you demonstrated your own racism... or at least your extreme unfamiliarity with other races.

Clearly you think a lot about race in dialogue that has nothing to do with race.  

The article/video you and @GG pointed out tell me that you must be so uncomfortable with being labelled a racist that you'll find anything that anyone says that anyone on earth could interpret as racist in any way and point it out to deflect your own inherent racism.

I use the phrase "well-spoken" and "articulate" all the time with people in many settings of many different professions, positions all the time.

Again, as an English Language Arts teacher, by trade that is something that I appreciate.

You saw those buzzwords and immediately jumped to race.

And you're still trying to run away from the very racism inherent in your own accusation.

• Haha (+1) 1

Except you demonstrated your own racism... or at least your extreme unfamiliarity with other races.

Clearly you think a lot about race in dialogue that has nothing to do with race.  

The article/video you and @GG pointed out tell me that you must be so uncomfortable with being labelled a racist that you'll find anything that anyone says that anyone on earth could interpret as racist in any way and point it out to deflect your own inherent racism.

I use the phrase "well-spoken" and "articulate" all the time with people in many settings of many different professions, positions all the time.

Again, as an English Language Arts teacher, by trade that is something that I appreciate.

And you're still trying to run away from the very racism inherent in your own accusation.

So are you saying the left is racist??

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Sure thing Felicia, it's not you it's us.

Now tell your story to your progressive overlords and see how far you get.

"I'm not racist.  I use those words all the time."  I'll bet you even have black friends, don't you? 

And now you're trying to whitesplain away your racism.  Classic racist.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

But what you are accusing him of doing, is the same thing the left does

You missed the argument.  Go over to the the other thread if you want to see it.  I'm done now.  I've explained myself well enough.  You could argue me wrong on some other points I've made over here.  I'm not wrong on DC Tom being a racist, at least in the context of that conversation.

Buh-bye.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

"I'm not racist.  I use those words all the time."  I'll bet you even have black friends, don't you? 

And now you're trying to whitesplain away your racism.  Classic racist.

You're dumb.

It might not quite be you.  You just jumped on DC Tom's butt, maybe because you idolize him.

But it is DC Tom.

Do me a favor - go to your FB or Insta account and tell the world that YOU like Michele Obama because she's articulate and well spoken.  Then get back to us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1