The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And yet they still weren't stupid enough to vote for Hillary.

Isn’t it great how her voters and the media STILL can’t see how most people despise her and see her as a total liar??

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Isn’t it great how her voters and the media STILL can’t see how most people despise her and see her as a total liar??

Baskin, gator...I got this one for you...

BUT SHE WON THE POPULAR VOTE!!!!!

I get cornered by someone who tells me Trump lies, and I say “what about the Clintons”

and instead of absorbing my question they fly off to some galaxy well beyond Neptune and erase the last 29 seconds of their life

i love it

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I get cornered by someone who tells me Trump lies, and I say “what about the Clintons”

and instead of absorbing my question they fly off to some galaxy well beyond Neptune and erase the last 29 seconds of their life

i love it

I’ve offered up the idea what DR has laid out in an organized Clinton lead effort to tilt the election, to a few close democrat friends. Of course I get snarky responses even though every single one will agree that the Clintons and the DNC did Bernie wrong. I’m sure someone who’s willing to cheat their way to the championship game all of a sudden goes completely above board.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kevbeau said:

I’ve offered up the idea what DR has laid out in an organized Clinton lead effort to tilt the election, to a few close democrat friends. Of course I get snarky responses even though every single one will agree that the Clintons and the DNC did Bernie wrong. I’m sure someone who’s willing to cheat their way to the championship game all of a sudden goes completely above board.

I don’t understand this blind loyalty if one isn’t making at least $159,000 on the Clinton Family Payroll

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Not coincidentally, these tend to be the same people that think Tom Brady is the GOAT.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I don’t understand this blind loyalty if one isn’t making at least $159,000 on the Clinton Family Payroll

"The number of job openings hit a record high of 7.3 million in December, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Tuesday in a sign of the labor market’s strength."

The private sector drove the new record, with private entities accounting for 6.7 million job vacancies — also a record high. The construction industry recorded 382,000 new posts, far more than ever before.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"The number of job openings hit a record high of 7.3 million in December, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Tuesday in a sign of the labor market’s strength."

The private sector drove the new record, with private entities accounting for 6.7 million job vacancies — also a record high. The construction industry recorded 382,000 new posts, far more than ever before.

</snip>

they'd be putting up statues on every corner if Obama could have delivered this once

The most recent deficit data makes it clear the Trump economy has been juiced by the bigger deficits created by the tax cuts and spending increases. 

For the 2018 calendar year, which coincides with the tax cuts and some spending increases, the deficit is up 28%, from $680 billion to $872 billion.  That $190 billion jolt, by my estimate, is equivalent to 1% of Nominal GDP. Revenues were down 0.4% and spending was up 4.4%.

The first estimate of 2018 Real GDP growth will be published 2/28 and is expected to be in the 3-3.5% range.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-tax-revenue-declined-0-4-in-2018-11550084426

The Treasury's most recent monthly statement provides detailed data for the first quarter of the government's fiscal year, which begins on 10/1. From Oct to Dec, Total revenues are up by close to $12 billion, but personal and corporate tax revenues are down by $24 billion.  Individual revenues are down from the previous year by $13 billion for the quarter despite more people working; and corporate revenues are down $11 billion. The areas that made up for the lower revenues from the tax cuts were SS (up about $18 billion--from more workers), and tariffs and excise taxes each added $8 billion.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts1218.pdf

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

</snip>

2tm03x.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

do we have a trade war thread??

https://twitter.com/EpochTimes/status/1095705206535409664

and... the good news just keeps rolling in.

for most of us anyways...

https://twitter.com/EpochTimes/status/1095734961422905344

1.4MM people starved to death under Trump!?!?!?!

That IS the only way to stop using food stamps, right?

:rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 3

16 hours ago, TPS said:

The most recent deficit data makes it clear the Trump economy has been juiced by the bigger deficits created by the tax cuts and spending increases. 

For the 2018 calendar year, which coincides with the tax cuts and some spending increases, the deficit is up 28%, from $680 billion to $872 billion.  That $190 billion jolt, by my estimate, is equivalent to 1% of Nominal GDP. Revenues were down 0.4% and spending was up 4.4%.

The first estimate of 2018 Real GDP growth will be published 2/28 and is expected to be in the 3-3.5% range.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-tax-revenue-declined-0-4-in-2018-11550084426

The Treasury's most recent monthly statement provides detailed data for the first quarter of the government's fiscal year, which begins on 10/1. From Oct to Dec, Total revenues are up by close to $12 billion, but personal and corporate tax revenues are down by $24 billion.  Individual revenues are down from the previous year by $13 billion for the quarter despite more people working; and corporate revenues are down $11 billion. The areas that made up for the lower revenues from the tax cuts were SS (up about $18 billion--from more workers), and tariffs and excise taxes each added $8 billion.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts1218.pdf

Is the juice running out? 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/us-retail-sales-post-biggest-drop-in-9-years-in-december

WASHINGTON, Feb 14 (Reuters) - U.S. retail sales recorded their biggest drop in more than nine years in December as receipts fell across the board, suggesting a sharp slowdown in economic activity at the end of 2018.

The Commerce Department said on Thursday retail sales tumbled 1.2 percent, the largest decline since September 2009 when the economy was emerging from recession. Data for November was revised slightly down to show retail sales edging up 0.1 percent instead of gaining 0.2 percent as previously reported.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The problems with Trump's tax policies:

1. While it is good to cut corporate taxes to be more competitive with other advanced countries, it does not do much for corporate investment spending. They did give corps the ability to fully expense some equipment last year, which helped in Q1, but most of the money has gone to buybacks.

2. What trickled down to the bottom 90% helped last year, and provided an extra spurt when consumers increased debt-financed spending, but, yes, that jolt is wearing off. Most predictions I've seen for this year suggest growth will be near 2% again.  

The one possible boost this year could come from Trade depending on how things turn out...