The Trump Economy

GG

So, depending on your point of the view, the following can mean two different things!

Here it is. There is a Christmas tree delivery service here in Richmond called Tree Elves. Like 5 other cities in the south as well. They are selling 7 foot Frazier Furs for $175. That includes putting it up and taking it away. Same tree at high end nursery here is $75, at local upscale produce market $70. 

The Tree Elves are SOLD OUT 

Being the Trump hater I am, that just confirms the rich done got richer with the idiotic tax cuts. ?

Sure Trump supporters would say sign of a strong economy! ?

wholy moly, essentially paying someone $100 to put your tree in a stand! Wow 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, plenzmd1 said:

So, depending on your point of the view, the following can mean two different things!

Here it is. There is a Christmas tree delivery service here in Richmond called Tree Elves. Like 5 other cities in the south as well. They are selling 7 foot Frazier Furs for $175. That includes putting it up and taking it away. Same tree at high end nursery here is $75, at local upscale produce market $70. 

The Tree Elves are SOLD OUT 

Being the Trump hater I am, that just confirms the rich done got richer with the idiotic tax cuts. ?

Sure Trump supporters would say sign of a strong economy! ?

wholy moly, essentially paying someone $100 to put your tree in a stand! Wow 

That's hilarious.

I also don't understand why anyone would want to skip the process of going and picking out a tree, and putting it up.

It's the part I most enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, DC Tom said:

Don't see why.  You'd probably have to use a much finer weave than they normally do, with finer thread.  But a good twill-woven fabric with #69 thread should work fine.  

Interesting.  Didn't know it could be produced that thin. 

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's hilarious.

I also don't understand why anyone would want to skip the process of going and picking out a tree, and putting it up.

Yes, picking it out and getting it perfectly vertical to the naked eye in the stand. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Welfare checks for farmers, that's Trumps idea of a bright future. Higher taxes and more welfare. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/us/politics/farming-trump-trade-war.html

WASHINGTON — America’s farmers have been shut out of foreign markets, hit with retaliatory tariffs and lost lucrative contracts in the face of President Trump’s trade war. But a $12 billion bailout program Mr. Trump created to “make it up” to farmers has done little to cushion the blow, with red tape and long waiting periods resulting in few payouts so far.

According to the Department of Agriculture, just $838 million has been paid out to farmers since the first $6 billion pot of money was made available in September. Another pool of up to $6 billion is expected to become available next month. The government is unlikely to offer additional money beyond the $12 billion, according to Sonny Perdue, the agriculture secretary.

The program’s limitations are beginning to test farmers’ patience. The trade war shows no signs of easing, with China and the United States locked in a stalemate that has reduced American farmers’ access to a critical market for soybeans, farm equipment and other products. Europe is planning more retaliatory tariffs on top of those already imposed on American peanut butter and orange juice, and Canada and Mexico continue to levy taxes on American goods, including on pork and cheese.

Mr. Trump, who has had broad support in many farm states, still insists that his get-tough approach to trade will ultimately help American farmers, a position Mr. Perdue reiterated last month when he said farmers are “resilient” and can plan ahead for market conditions.

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Welfare checks for farmers, that's Trumps idea of a bright future. Higher taxes and more welfare. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/us/politics/farming-trump-trade-war.html

WASHINGTON — America’s farmers have been shut out of foreign markets, hit with retaliatory tariffs and lost lucrative contracts in the face of President Trump’s trade war. But a $12 billion bailout program Mr. Trump created to “make it up” to farmers has done little to cushion the blow, with red tape and long waiting periods resulting in few payouts so far.

According to the Department of Agriculture, just $838 million has been paid out to farmers since the first $6 billion pot of money was made available in September. Another pool of up to $6 billion is expected to become available next month. The government is unlikely to offer additional money beyond the $12 billion, according to Sonny Perdue, the agriculture secretary.

The program’s limitations are beginning to test farmers’ patience. The trade war shows no signs of easing, with China and the United States locked in a stalemate that has reduced American farmers’ access to a critical market for soybeans, farm equipment and other products. Europe is planning more retaliatory tariffs on top of those already imposed on American peanut butter and orange juice, and Canada and Mexico continue to levy taxes on American goods, including on pork and cheese.

Mr. Trump, who has had broad support in many farm states, still insists that his get-tough approach to trade will ultimately help American farmers, a position Mr. Perdue reiterated last month when he said farmers are “resilient” and can plan ahead for market conditions.

is this an old article? i ask because at the G20 summit China just agreed to buy massive amounts of soy from the US.

Another ignorant post by Gleeful Gator. China had already backed away from their tariffs on soybeans when they found out that they couldn't get enough of them elsewhere. It's the U.S. that holds the cards here and China knows it. The negotiations are mainly for the purpose of letting China save face.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's hilarious.

If that was offered here I'd sign up in a flash!!

Actually, we do have people who will decorate your house (inside and out) and haul it all away (storing the lights and decorations off premises). I have talked about hiring them for a few years now (several people on the street use them) and will probably go down that road in a year or two. 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

If that was offered here I'd sign up in a flash!!

Actually, we do have people who will decorate your house (inside and out) and haul it all away (storing the lights and decorations off premises). I have talked about hiring them for a few years now (several people on the street use them) and will probably go down that road in a year or two. 

You know you're living in a land of true wealth and excess when even your homeless population hire luxury services to decorate their boxes and shopping carts for Christmas.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You know you're living in a land of true wealth and excess when even your homeless population hire luxury services to decorate their boxes and shopping carts for Christmas.

But my cardboard box looks so beeeuuuuttttiiiiful!

#firstworldproblems

? 

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Got that in writing? I mean - other than a DT tweet?

sure. i could post an article much like the one that i responded to, however that really wouldn't prove anything. time will certainly tell. the main gist of the comment was that it has been reported otherwise and the DNC talking point is outdated. 

for your consumption, an article that says that no mention of agricultural purchases were mentioned in the Chinese statement.

https://www.farmfutures.com/trade/will-china-buy-us-soybeans

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Google is your friend... and a spy toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe

image.thumb.png.e7df196f42031b441f32550c9ed24676.png

I guess "air quotes" are now fully enforceable contractual international law.  I mean - why would anyone be skeptical of these statements by either DT or the Chinese? - I mean neither have either made a false statement or retreated from a negotiating stance....ever

25 minutes ago, TH3 said:

image.thumb.png.e7df196f42031b441f32550c9ed24676.png

I guess "air quotes" are now fully enforceable contractual international law.  I mean - why would anyone be skeptical of these statements by either DT or the Chinese? - I mean neither have either made a false statement or retreated from a negotiating stance....ever

does that change the fact in any way that the DNC talking point is outdated?

Edited by Foxx

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I think it was a rhetorical question.  It's old enough.  China caved since them.

not so fast my friend..this is another " North Korea Nuclear threat is now over"

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Google is your friend... and a spy toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe

yes. yes.it is

farmers sure as chit aint buying DT' fast and loose proclamations as truth

https://www.farmfutures.com/trade/will-china-buy-us-soybeans

China has agreed to nada..unless I am reading wrong

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

They just want the books. The organization has not profited from his Presidency, quite the opposite. If they get the books they can do an "AH HA!" for the rubes that do not understand Real Estate transactions or IRS real estate tax law.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal