The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Do you understand any of this?

Well, I do make a decent amount of money in the stock market, so I must understand something. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

First ask him to explain the Federal Reserve.

Oh ya!! Remember when there was a Democrat in WH and you guys were all butt hurt over its policies? Not hearing much anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When someone posts about one day in the market in a thread on the economy?  There's your answer. 

So it wasn't ugly today? Or there was no economic news today? 

Thats like saying there there was no weather today either. 

Your criticisms are really low brow 

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So it wasn't ugly today? Or there was no economic news today? 

Thats like saying there there was no weather today either. 

Your criticisms are really low brow 

It was ugly today. Please tell us all, in detail, what that has to do with the economy.  Aaaaaaaand go! 

17 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

E15 is not widely sold, but I suppose it being approved year round may cause some states to adopt it.  Big market increase for corn growers if so.  We still subsidize corn farming? 

Worse for engines, worse for the environment, worse for consumers.

It's a political "thank you" from the Trump administration for Grassley, and will likely be pursued for reversal by the Administration after Grassley's likely final reelection in 2022.  

President Trump is exceptionally politically deft, and has no desire to try to fry every fish at once.  This was an easy and brilliant concession.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

It was ugly today. Please tell us all, in detail, what that has to do with the economy.  Aaaaaaaand go! 

Glad you admit I was right. It's funny how butt hurt you get over a comment.

I'll let the President answer your question, as he too felt the need to comment on the situation that so irritated you: 

“The Fed is making a mistake. They’re so tight. I think the Fed has gone crazy,” he told reporters while traveling in Pennsylvania Wednesday. “It’s a correction that we’ve been waiting for, for a long time. But I really disagree with what the Fed is doing, okay?”

Jitters were already running high, thanks to the trade war between China and the United States, which is showing no signs of being resolved any time soon.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin met with Chinese central banker Yi Gang at a World Bank conference in Indonesia on Thursday, a day after he warned China against “competitive devaluation” of its currency against the U.S. dollar as the trade war escalates. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/markets-across-asia-open-down-sharply-following-wall-st-tumble/2018/10/10/ef1e5422-ccc9-11e8-920f-dd52e1ae4570_story.html?utm_term=.3d2ff2251403