The Trump Economy

GG

This is a yuuuge reason why Trump is taking a hard stance on China.

The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies

The attack by Chinese spies reached almost 30 U.S. companies, including Amazon and Apple, by compromising America’s technology supply chain, according to extensive interviews with government and corporate sources.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Dog5PkpVAAA_r3J?format=jpg&name=small

This is the founder and editor at large of Vox. This was his tweet about the agreement.

This is a great argument actually. The Mexicans should have gotten several. That way they’d have a better chance of at least one surviving the swim

back across the Rio Grande. ?

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What article? 

I don't remember exactly which articles, it's been a while. I do recall there was one that gave a "factual" breakdown of some polling trends and the source material didn't support the assertion at all. 

If you want to see what I'm talking about just check the source material today while you're perusing Vox. You might be surprised by what you find.

16 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't remember exactly which articles, it's been a while. I do recall there was one that gave a "factual" breakdown of some polling trends and the source material didn't support the assertion at all. 

If you want to see what I'm talking about just check the source material today while you're perusing Vox. You might be surprised by what you find.

You're wasting your time arguing with that nitwit. He's never going to read source material - especially if he knows it will conflict with the narrative or today's DNC talking points.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Well, that explains the NY Times hit piece complaining that he's rich.

No one in the financial press has remarked on the irony of a NYT report of a father passing down inheritance to the children and avoiding estate taxes.  

Anyone else notice, there's no history of NY Times Company between its founding and 1996 on Wiki

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Well, that explains the NY Times hit piece complaining that he's rich.

The only thing I really care about with that article is how the Times reporters got their hands on 100,000 pages of tax filings and what appears to be internal corporate documents.  These items are not usually in the public domain.  Other than that, WGAS.  The Feds, the State, and probably the City of New York had their shots at auditing Trump and his subsidiaries, and seeking to collect underpayments.  I think out of the Feds, NYS and NYC, the only jurisdiction that might have a shot at him is the State.

The disingenuous DiBlasio soundbite yesterday about the City going after Trump was more dog and pony.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, snafu said:

The only thing I really care about with that article is how the Times reporters got their hands on 100,000 pages of tax filings and what appears to be internal corporate documents.  These items are not usually in the public domain.  Other than that, WGAS.  The Feds, the State, and probably the City of New York had their shots at auditing Trump and his subsidiaries, and seeking to collect underpayments.  I think out of the Feds, NYS and NYC, the only jurisdiction that might have a shot at him is the State.

The disingenuous DiBlasio soundbite yesterday about the City going after Trump was more dog and pony.

There isn't much the state can do other than maybe try to level some civil penalties against the businesses. Good luck proving it without using tainted evidence (or looking completely stupid at trying to prove that Donald Trump wasn't declaring income at age 3.)

Jobs report

The unemployment rate declined to 3.7 percent in September, and total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 134,000, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Job gains occurred in professional and business services, in health care, and in transportation and warehousing.

Diving into the report, good paying jobs (health, manufacturing, mining, etc) rose, travel & leisure and McJobs declined.

In September, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 8 cents to $27.24. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 73 cents, or 2.8 percent. Average hourly earnings of private-sector production and nonsupervisory employees increased by 6 cents to $22.81 in September.

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for July was revised up from +147,000 to +165,000, and the change for August was revised up from +201,000 to 270,000. With these revisions, employment gains in July and August combined were 87,000 more than previously reported. (Monthly revisions result from additional reports received from businesses and government agencies since the last published estimates and from the recalculation of seasonal factors.) After revisions, job gains have averaged  190,000 per month over the last 3 months.

NAFTA 2.0's ulterior motive is coming into focus, and shown in this graph.  The goal is to force the Germans to build more components in the US.

B3-BY872_backgr_16U_20181004163046.jpg

“We will allocate more U.S. production for the U.S. market,” BMW AG CEO Harald Krüger told reporters at the Paris Motor Show this week. He said that the German car maker already sources many parts in the region, but the new trade pact will accelerate a shift in investment.

Daimler AG CEO Dieter Zetsche said at the same event the new agreement could force it to shift more engine manufacturing to the U.S., where it builds cars and sport-utility vehicles at a factory in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

NAFTA 2.0's ulterior motive is coming into focus, and shown in this graph.  The goal is to force the Germans to build more components in the US.

B3-BY872_backgr_16U_20181004163046.jpg

“We will allocate more U.S. production for the U.S. market,” BMW AG CEO Harald Krüger told reporters at the Paris Motor Show this week. He said that the German car maker already sources many parts in the region, but the new trade pact will accelerate a shift in investment.

Daimler AG CEO Dieter Zetsche said at the same event the new agreement could force it to shift more engine manufacturing to the U.S., where it builds cars and sport-utility vehicles at a factory in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Trump is hurting Eurpoean workers! You'll notice that the Russians are not impacted by this awful trade-ending move! COLLUSION!

IMPEACH HIM NOW!!!1111