The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

That's why you're hilariously under-informed and constantly making an ass out of yourself. You take what should be viewed as a helpful (if goading) tip and turn it into something else entirely... while bungling it completely. 

You admitted you don't know the source, yet posted it without a hint of irony (while ignoring the actual text of the deal posted days ago and calling others retards for doing basic due diligence) - you did this because you're lazy and don't have the discipline to hone your own discernment about what's happening in the world of media today.

It's a war. You're a combatant in it as we all are. What you're advocating (gleefully) is to completely ignore that reality in favor of intellectual laziness. That's why you're so woefully uninformed on basic issues of the day.

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny. :lol: 

This is happening people -- a guy who follows every word of Mr. Q is slamming me for trusting a sourced piece of news. He's saying that I'm failing to inform myself because obviously all the really "true" things come from 4 Chan, or Chan 4, or whatever it is. Yup.....this is happening. 

See, that tactic doesn't work because I've established years worth of credibility down here - of admitting when I'm wrong and working with sources across the entire political spectrum. Things you'd know if you bothered to read and do the work for yourself. Instead you're BOASTING about posting sources that you don't know dick about. Because you're intellectually limited. 

And lazy. 

And a troll. 

That's your legacy down here. Don't like it? Do better. Be better. It's not hard to be better than what you've contributed down here to date. It's really not. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See, that tactic doesn't work because I've established years worth of credibility down here - of admitting when I'm wrong and working with sources across the entire political spectrum. Things you'd know if you bothered to read and do the work for yourself. Instead you're BOASTING about posting sources that you don't know dick about. Because you're intellectually limited. 

And lazy. 

And a troll. 

That's your legacy down here. Don't like it? Do better. Be better. It's not hard to be better than what you've contributed down here to date. It's really not. 

Am I bragging about posting something from Vox? If so, where? Because I didn't.

And there's NO legacy. This is an internet message board. The guy who lives next to you could be on here and you wouldn't know because you don't go by "John Smith" you go by "Deranged Rhino." Do you see? There's NO legacy here. It's just an internet message board. 

And yes, a sourced piece of news is good enough. I know a Dale Gribble like you wouldn't agree, but reasonable people do. K, sweetie?

20 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

First, have you ever had your ass kicked? I have. But, never on the internet. I've had my ass kicked boxing, fighting, and doing MMA things....but NEVER on the internet.

Getting his ass kicked is an important part of a man's emotional and moral growth.  It teaches you both why being able to defend yourself, and those you care about is important; but it also teaches why violence should always be a last resort:  getting punched in the mouth always sucks.  Always.  And that "sucks" scales up as the violence multiplies.  And lastly, that scaling of violence is the ultimate justification of gun ownership, and of military supremacy.  You always want to have the best force multiplier.

I've had my ass kicked many times on the path to learning how to defend myself, often by choice.

I've also had my ass kicked intellectually, on the internet and in person, when debating ideas with other people.  Exactly in the same way physical beatings taught me lessons about self defense and discipline, intellectual beatings taught me lessons about not making poor, unstructured, or unsourced arguments, vetting sources, understanding the subject matter, etc.

The fact that you don't recognize intellectual sparring, or the fact that you can and should experience growth and development from the experience when you lose, explains a lot about you.

It, unfortunately, also means that you've already reached the peak of your intellectual growth.  You may amass more facts, but have absolutely no idea how to use them.  That makes you little different than an encyclopedia. 

I have no idea what you're babbling about. I love how you use 'volley.' Did wanna use something like "sortie?" Either way, I would NEVER challenge you to an internet-sourcing thing because I don't care to do that, and I know you do. You love spending hours doing internet things on this very important message board because you're clearly a successful person.

I'm a person who values intellectual endeavor and truth, and yes, that's made me fairly successful.

I guess you're the other guy.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

Reading is hard. You're bragging about NOT KNOWING YOUR SOURCES. 

32 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I have no idea what Vox is, but I made Googles and it provided a good article. 

Which is !@#$ing dangerous in today's climate. And makes you an idiot. 

There is a legacy on this board. It's all there for people to read. People know me, by name here. Know my profession, what I do, where I live. You're wrong, again, because you're unwilling to be honest about your own limitations as a thinker and as a poster. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yes, you're an idiot. When something is published and sourced, I don't look up the current editor and all the information I can find about him and the company that produced the piece. I just roll with it if it's content is packed with facts, and if it's sourced. That's what I'm looking for....facts, sourced, and possibly peer reviewed. That's why I stick to news sources, and your dumb, white trash butt sticks to Q News Central. 

Dog5PkpVAAA_r3J?format=jpg&name=small

This is the founder and editor at large of Vox. This was his tweet about the agreement.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This is the founder and editor at large of Vox. This was his tweet about the agreement.

K. So, the tweet is pretty stupid. So? That doesn’t mean you discount unbiased, sourced news from the outlet he works for. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

K. So, the tweet is pretty stupid. So? That doesn’t mean you discount unbiased, sourced news from the outlet he works for. 

Well yes, I do. They've proven to be biased so often that it's not worth my time. I put as much stock in anything they produce as I do The Daily Stormer. None. I'd much rather read the agreement myself.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Let us know when Vox delivers a piece of unbiased news. They're 0 for the 21st century so far. 

Which was the original point which you've now blown past in your race to prove yourself even dimmer than most think you are. 

He's a virtual black hole.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Well yes, I do. They've proven to be biased so often that it's not worth my time. I put as much stock in anything they produce as I do The Daily Stormer. None. I'd much rather read the agreement myself.

Ok, fair point. I usually won’t read anything from Mother Jones, Fox, or Huff Post. 

But, the article I posted was good. It was informative. It wasn’t biased. At least, not till it added click bait at the end for another article which looked like biased anti-Trump stuff. 

The article was good. Even Huff Post on occasion comes out with just a fact based article. On occasion. 

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's huge, in so many ways.

Not the least of which is that Labor supports it.  I bet they feel dirty about it.

6 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

That guy is an idiot. The "A" is for "Agreement".  So the US got two scoops of letters and Mexico and Canada each got one. Idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I'm not trying to pile on, but I've read sourced pieces from Vox that appeared factual on the surface but turned out to be bull **** once I checked out the sources.

Now when I see someone post a link to a Vox article I won't even click on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I'm not trying to pile on, but I've read sourced pieces from Vox that appeared factual on the surface but turned out to be bull **** once I checked out the sources.

How could this be piling on?

I was unfamiliar with Vox but the article was good. And if it’s a liberal outlet they didn’t bash Trump in this one. 

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

What article? What sources? Checking sources by going to "Hot Air" or the "The Right Wing Circle Jerk Dailey" isn't really fact checking