The Trump Economy

GG

https://www.speaker.gov/general/air-force-pilots-are-literally-going-museums-spare-parts

The readiness crisis in our military has gotten so bad that Marines and Air Force pilots are literally going to museums to pull spare parts off old ships and airplanes.

As a recent news report explains, “Capt. Travis Lytton, who works to keep his squadron of B-1’s airborne, showed Fox News a museum aircraft where his maintainers stripped a part in order to make sure one of his B-1s could steer properly on the ground. ‘We also pulled it off of six other museum jets throughout the U.S.,’ Lytton said."

This is not what museums are for. 

The Air Force employs B-1 bombers to strike ISIS targets within Iraq and Syria, but a constant need for maintenance and repairs—especially without key replacement parts on hand—has forced the military to instead use older, B-52 planes. This has directly contributed to a decline of U.S. airstrikes on ISIS. Pulling planes like the B-1 out of commission for extended periods of time has also forced cutbacks to training hours, leaving pilots less prepared to get in the cockpit.  

These shortfalls are not exclusive to the Air Force or Marines. Every branch of our armed forces suffers from various readiness gaps, which directly inhibit our troops’ ability to safely and efficiently execute their missions. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

https://www.speaker.gov/general/air-force-pilots-are-literally-going-museums-spare-parts

The readiness crisis in our military has gotten so bad that Marines and Air Force pilots are literally going to museums to pull spare parts off old ships and airplanes.

As a recent news report explains, “Capt. Travis Lytton, who works to keep his squadron of B-1’s airborne, showed Fox News a museum aircraft where his maintainers stripped a part in order to make sure one of his B-1s could steer properly on the ground. ‘We also pulled it off of six other museum jets throughout the U.S.,’ Lytton said."

This is not what museums are for. 

The Air Force employs B-1 bombers to strike ISIS targets within Iraq and Syria, but a constant need for maintenance and repairs—especially without key replacement parts on hand—has forced the military to instead use older, B-52 planes. This has directly contributed to a decline of U.S. airstrikes on ISIS. Pulling planes like the B-1 out of commission for extended periods of time has also forced cutbacks to training hours, leaving pilots less prepared to get in the cockpit.  

These shortfalls are not exclusive to the Air Force or Marines. Every branch of our armed forces suffers from various readiness gaps, which directly inhibit our troops’ ability to safely and efficiently execute their missions. 

Believe what ya want. My 05-06 deployment I was my troops Armorer (just one of the hats I wore). and when I put in an order I got what I wanted...quickly. Parts for 50 cals - PVS-14's. We were taken care of. 

33 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Believe what ya want. My 05-06 deployment I was my troops Armorer (just one of the hats I wore). and when I put in an order I got what I wanted...quickly. Parts for 50 cals - PVS-14's. We were taken care of. 

Are you always this obtuse? My point is the military was weakened in the years after that and during Obama's presidency.

31 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Are you always this obtuse? My point is the military was weakened in the years after that and during Obama's presidency.

Go take a look at the damn budget. This country is not lacking on military spending. 

One thing I would do to address your concerns is start auditing the crap out the military and taking things away like military balls for non-combatants. That crap isn't important. Blankets, bullets, and beans...that's what wins wars.  

If Obama scaled back the spending a tad, it's up to the green suiters to ensure blankets, bullets, and beans -- but sometimes stupid officer types spend the money on stupid things. Not Obama's fault.

I get what you're saying...but I have NO CLUE how money works in the military. It's very controlled. Routinely at my level I'd get a "shopping order." Like, S3 (operations) says we have to buy stuff right now! Seriously. Because if we didn't spend all of our 20XX dollars then in 20XY brigade or division might not give us the same cut since we apparently don't need it since we didn't use it the year before. They did that crap all the time. That's where you go shopping for things like Oakleys....because when one kills Haj, one should also look cool doing it. 

Don't blame the President on how the military spends money because people are spending it unwisely.

Caught lying, and his own people won't defend him 

Jonathan Ernst/Reuters

Kevin Hassett, the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, admitted that President Trump made an erroneous claim regarding the economy in a Monday tweet. During a press briefing, Hassett was confronted by a reporter who pointed out that Trump’s assertion that the GDP growth rate is higher than the unemployment rate for the first time in over 100 years was “just not true.” Hassett admitted that the claim was incorrect, saying “somebody probably conveyed it to him adding a zero to that and they shouldn’t have done that.” He also said that he didn’t know if a quote Trump attributed to former President Obama, saying that Trump would need a “magic wand” to get the GDP to four percent, was true. “I don’t know... I’m not Chairman of the Counsel of Twitter Advisers,” he said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-houses-top-economist-kevin-hassett-trump-made-false-claim-about-economy?ref=home

Nice title...

Under Trump, the jobs boom has finally reached blue-collar workers — will it last?

I'm kinda shocked the Washington Post even admitted to this, but the "will it last" is the dig. 

Blue-collar jobs are growing at their fastest rate in more than 30 years, helping fuel a hiring boom in many small towns and rural areas that are strong supporters of President Donald Trump ahead of November's mid-term elections.

Jobs in goods-producing industries - mining, construction, and manufacturing - grew 3.3 percent in the year preceding July, the best rate since 1984, according to a Washington Post analysis.

/snip

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nice title...

Under Trump, the jobs boom has finally reached blue-collar workers — will it last?

I'm kinda shocked the Washington Post even admitted to this, but the "will it last" is the dig. 

Blue-collar jobs are growing at their fastest rate in more than 30 years, helping fuel a hiring boom in many small towns and rural areas that are strong supporters of President Donald Trump ahead of November's mid-term elections.

Jobs in goods-producing industries - mining, construction, and manufacturing - grew 3.3 percent in the year preceding July, the best rate since 1984, according to a Washington Post analysis.

/snip

Why wouldn't the post, they are honest. Trump is the liar. 

Even Fox News has grown a pair and shown how dishonest Trump is 

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNewsResearch/status/1039147585116753920?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1039147585116753920&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailybeast.com%2Ffox-news-calls-bs-on-trumps-boast-about-the-economy

Since 1948, there have been 63 quarters with a GDP growth rate higher than avg quarterly unemployment rate Recent Quarters with GDP Growth higher than Unemployment Rate: •Q2 2018 •Q1 2006 •Q3 2003 •Q2 2000 •Q4 1999 •Q3 1999 •Q4 1998 •Q3 1998 •Q3 1997 •Q2 1997 •Q2 1996

Methinks the Trump administration took great umbrage to the narcissistic one's attempt to claim ANY part of the humming economy.

At the beginning of the briefing, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Kevin Hassett updated reporters on jobs, the economy and small business growth figures.

The press has their fingers in their ears! LMAO And the slides...

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nice title...

I'm surprised the WAPO didn't write it with an "Anonymous" author.............?

I love the "Things seem to be going well -- but what if it weren't! What if this doesn't last!" attitude.

It's a nice change from the previous, "Things seem to be going poorly, but really it's great -- you just aren't clever enough to realize it" attitude.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Caught lying, and his own people won't defend him 

Jonathan Ernst/Reuters

Kevin Hassett, the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, admitted that President Trump made an erroneous claim regarding the economy in a Monday tweet. During a press briefing, Hassett was confronted by a reporter who pointed out that Trump’s assertion that the GDP growth rate is higher than the unemployment rate for the first time in over 100 years was “just not true.” Hassett admitted that the claim was incorrect, saying “somebody probably conveyed it to him adding a zero to that and they shouldn’t have done that.” He also said that he didn’t know if a quote Trump attributed to former President Obama, saying that Trump would need a “magic wand” to get the GDP to four percent, was true. “I don’t know... I’m not Chairman of the Counsel of Twitter Advisers,” he said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-houses-top-economist-kevin-hassett-trump-made-false-claim-about-economy?ref=home

So !@#$ing what, you disingenuous little twat?

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Methinks the Trump administration took great umbrage to the narcissistic one's attempt to claim ANY part of the humming economy.

At the beginning of the briefing, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Kevin Hassett updated reporters on jobs, the economy and small business growth figures.

The press has their fingers in their ears! LMAO And the slides...

Im just so impressed with you people. You mention Trump and with the next breath imply somebody other than Trump is a narcissist? Just wow. 

Somebody gin up that gif of that dude doing the ‘I can’t !@#$ing believe what I’m seeing’ blinking thing.

14 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Im just so impressed with you people. You mention Trump and with the next breath imply somebody other than Trump is a narcissist? Just wow. 

Somebody gin up that gif of that dude doing the ‘I can’t !@#$ing believe what I’m seeing’ blinking thing.

Oh, I'm sure it's just projection. I mean the guy who references himself 100 times in a tone-deaf speech certainly isn't a narcissist.

Edited by Koko78

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Pretty odd spin dude.

The thread is about the Trump economy, less than 48 hours Mr. Obama brought himself into the conversation with some laughingly self-centered comments.

Plenty of folks want to comment on all these things............not just respond to your specific views.

of course, it's been my experience that you (and others) have to do the "what is wrong with you people" posts every 5 or 6 replies, its seems to be a reflex.

I've learned to ignore it.

25 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

It is possible for more than one person in the world to be a narcissist.  

Bill Clinton's economy was good. He was a good president then

W. Bush's economy crashed! 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

If Obama's skin were any thinner he would have a receptacle tip

Any evidence of this? I think this is a really stupid statement. Trump throws a temper tantrum over everything and Obama basically kept his cool all the time, so what the hell are you talking about? 

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Bill Clinton's economy was good. He was a good president then

W. Bush's economy crashed! 

Any evidence of this? I think this is a really stupid statement. Trump throws a temper tantrum over everything and Obama basically kept his cool all the time, so what the hell are you talking about? 

Hey Gleeful Gator, do you remember how mean spirited Obama was during the government shutdown? How about all those things he did just to make life more miserable for people? Things that actually cost the government more money in order to make the shutdown more painful and then blame it on the right?

The Bush economy crashed mainly because of the housing crisis which was brought on by policies of the left. Over the years you've been told this many times but you're too stupid or partisan to understand it.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hey Gleeful Gator, do you remember how mean spirited Obama was during the government shutdown? How about all those things he did just to make life more miserable for people? Things that actually cost the government more money in order to make the shutdown more painful and then blame it on the right?

The Bush economy crashed mainly because of the housing crisis which was brought on by policies of the left. Over the years you've been told this many times but you're too stupid or partisan to understand it.

So Democrats are just bad and Republicans are just good, then?