The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, baskin said:

Huh...did not the GOP leadership hold a meeting the evening BO eas elected pledging to oppose everything BO wanted to do....?

You are simply a partison hack

It is not a deal.....sheesh

So what is it then?

Some are losing their shirt to a tune of a million a day with the steel tariffs.

I know somebody that deals in steel.  They have computer programs that "hide" inventory between say the US and Canada... Saying it is in a warehouse here when it really isn't... It's gotta be highly illegal???

Not naming names, I don't know how true it really is... But I wouldn't put it past companies to devise complex computer schemes, accounting, etc... Who knows who's watching the hen house, regulating in a 24/7, instant tech world.

At the lock (work)... Still see barges coming in with rolls, coils, sheets stamped "Made in Mexico."  I rough ballpark, not looking at the numbers, I would say a million tons of foreign metal still passes through that I see.  I should run a report for this year, to see if I am in ballpark.  About 7 to 8 million tons (everything) passes through a year.  This year I would be able to pick up the downbound steel products... That would probably indicate our domestic product leaving the states to the world, etc...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Some are losing their shirt to a tune of a million a day with the steel tariffs.

I know somebody that deals in steel.  They have computer programs that "hide" inventory between say the US and Canada... Saying it is in a warehouse here when it really isn't... It's gotta be highly illegal???

Not naming names, I don't know how true it really is... But I wouldn't put it past companies to devise complex computer schemes, accounting, etc... Who knows who's watching the hen house, regulating in a 24/7, instant tech world.

At the lock (work)... Still see barges coming in with rolls, coils, sheets stamped "Made in Mexico."  I rough ballpark, not looking at the numbers, I would say a million tons of foreign metal still passes through that I see.  I should run a report for this year, to see if I am in ballpark.  About 7 to 8 million tons (everything) passes through a year.  This year I would be able to pick up the downbound steel products... That would probably indicate our domestic product leaving the states to the world, etc...

I'm in Chicago for the day, nice rain storm we have had! Heading over to see U-505 soon. Robert Mueller might be contacting you soon about your steel dealer knowledge! Lol 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm in Chicago for the day, nice rain storm we have had! Heading over to see U-505 soon. Robert Mueller might be contacting you soon about your steel dealer knowledge! Lol 

I ain't saying nothing!!!! ???? I plead the 5th!!!

That Boat is cool.  They show how it was moved across LakeShore Drive to the Science Museum.

You will be right by O's home in Hyde Park!  Don't wander too far away, neighborhood turns real quick! ?

Oh... Tibs... I am home... About 35 miles from Loop, 18 from work... South on Indiana Line.  Looks like big storm rolled through Downtown, rumbling here... Looks like we may get a "seam" here looking @ radar.  I hope we find that seam, hate these storms.  Rumbling to the Northwest and South...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Are any of these going to be ratified through the Senate this time?  Or are we going to pretend again that they have the force of law because the president says, and let the next administration tear them up again, like the TPP and Paris Accords?

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Are any of these going to be ratified through the Senate this time?  Or are we going to pretend again that they have the force of law because the president says, and let the next administration tear them up again, like the TPP and Paris Accords?

Call your Senator and ask.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think they are rushing this because there is some time limit that needs to be met so it can be ratified before a new congress comes in. 

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I ain't saying nothing!!!! ???? I plead the 5th!!!

That Boat is cool.  They show how it was moved across LakeShore Drive to the Science Museum.

You will be right by O's home in Hyde Park!  Don't wander too far away, neighborhood turns real quick! ?

Oh... Tibs... I am home... About 35 miles from Loop, 18 from work... South on Indiana Line.  Looks like big storm rolled through Downtown, rumbling here... Looks like we may get a "seam" here looking @ radar.  I hope we find that seam, hate these storms.  Rumbling to the Northwest and South...

It was a great visit! 

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

At this point even if anything is ratified in the Senate, the next Democrat President may just say something something something Trump something something pen and phone

"Unexpectedly" Ummm no. We've seen this before and I think we've got it down now. For President Trump they announce lower numbers, revise upward later to higher numbers. For Obama,  they announced higher numbers, quietly revised to lower numbers later.  

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/us-gdp-growth-unexpectedly-upwardly-revised-to-42-in-q2-20180829-00612

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Looks like German Hillary's Canadian girlfriend doesn't want to be left out in the cold. Hopefully he will have better glue on his prosthetic eyebrows for this news conference.

• Haha (+1) 3