The Trump Economy

GG

Watching the China battle with interest. Sometimes the only way to beat a bully is with a punch and god knows Trump has balls. I hate his tactics and it will hurt, but once we get back to the trade negotiating table, the US will have a much better deal than it had before it all started. It's tough to stomach--but one of the best long term things he's doing. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Two scoops of ice cream!   Stormy Daniels!  He tweeted a mean thing!   We are separating children from coyotes!  He removed those puppies from their burning house without their chew toys!

This means nothing.

He sleeps with hot women and had to pay them to leave because they want to stick around forever

Jealousy is understandable 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Correct.  If Q3 is similar, then 2018 should make the 3-4% range I predicted for the year.

Better than a dead cat bounce ...

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Watching the China battle with interest. Sometimes the only way to beat a bully is with a punch and god knows Trump has balls. I hate his tactics and it will hurt, but once we get back to the trade negotiating table, the US will have a much better deal than it had before it all started. It's tough to stomach--but one of the best long term things he's doing. 

That's why I just shake my head when people cry about the tariffs and a trade war. This spat is never going to be a long-term thing. While it will inflict some short-term pain on us, it will be far more painful for China (and the EU before they cut a deal), forcing them to the table with a far more reasonable mindset.

Interesting article I ran across from POLITICO yesterday. It goes on about how China is misreading Trump's willingness to escalate the matter.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/26/did-china-think-donald-trump-was-bluffing-on-trade-how-beijing-got-it-wrong-713053

Unfortunately, often times brinkmanship is the only way to get an intractable side to see reason and come to the table. This is the only way to get the EU and China to deal fairly and honestly - to show them that they are not negotiating from the position of strength they think they are.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That's why I just shake my head when people cry about the tariffs and a trade war. This spat is never going to be a long-term thing. While it will inflict some short-term pain on us, it will be far more painful for China (and the EU before they cut a deal), forcing them to the table with a far more reasonable mindset.

Interesting article I ran across from POLITICO yesterday. It goes on about how China is misreading Trump's willingness to escalate the matter.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/26/did-china-think-donald-trump-was-bluffing-on-trade-how-beijing-got-it-wrong-713053

Unfortunately, often times brinkmanship is the only way to get an intractable side to see reason and come to the table. This is the only way to get the EU and China to deal fairly and honestly - to show them that they are not negotiating from the position of strength they think they are.

We can have a pretty self sustaining economy. The key was becoming energy self sufficient. We are basically there now. We can call the shots if we choose to do so. Trump cannot be seen as someone who bluffs. We need to stand our ground until we make substantial progress on our trade agreements.

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

China thinks they're still dealing with an American politician.  They haven't yet realized that they're not Joe Frazier fighting Muhammed Ali, they're Drederick Tatum fighting Homer Simpson.

• Haha (+1) 1