The Trump Economy

GG

More signs that Trump is a continuation of Obama, squandering golden opportunities to fix things and grow the economy, because the ego gets in the way.

The initial premise of the OP may now be tossed into the trash bin, as the general early optimism by the business leaders is being replaced by caution due to the crazy and reckless nature of Twitterdumb. Nobody wants to be a target, and this is clamping down the early enthusiasm. Couple this with increased uncertainty that tax reform will happen, or what other shiny object will preoccupy the man-child at the top which will take his focus away from promised pro-growth reforms, and you're right back to circling the drain.

Bloomberg has a few takes on this -

Trump repeating Obama rookie mistakes and Growing unease about Trump.

Can't say I disagree

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d Growing unease about Trump.

Can't say I disagree

Trump's focus on immigration and trade may prove more than disappointing for Wall Street and Corporate America; it could prove downright disruptive.

"Some of the recent administrative actions by the Trump Administration serve as a reminder that the president is likely to follow through on campaign promises on trade and immigration, some of which could be disruptive for financial markets and the real economy," Phillips concluded.

d Growing unease about Trump.

Can't say I disagree

Trump's focus on immigration and trade may prove more than disappointing for Wall Street and Corporate America; it could prove downright disruptive.

"Some of the recent administrative actions by the Trump Administration serve as a reminder that the president is likely to follow through on campaign promises on trade and immigration, some of which could be disruptive for financial markets and the real economy," Phillips concluded.

Thanks for showing us you know how to copy and paste.

More signs that Trump is a continuation of Obama, squandering golden opportunities to fix things and grow the economy, because the ego gets in the way.

The initial premise of the OP may now be tossed into the trash bin, as the general early optimism by the business leaders is being replaced by caution due to the crazy and reckless nature of Twitterdumb. Nobody wants to be a target, and this is clamping down the early enthusiasm. Couple this with increased uncertainty that tax reform will happen, or what other shiny object will preoccupy the man-child at the top which will take his focus away from promised pro-growth reforms, and you're right back to circling the drain.

Bloomberg has a few takes on this -

Trump repeating Obama rookie mistakes and Growing unease about Trump.

Can't say I disagree

I get it. Bloomberg is not a fan of Trump. His biases flow freely through his magazine and throughout his considerable empire.

So the corporate suite suits are itchy for tax cuts. Maybe they can apply some pressure to the Chucky Schumers of the world to stop delaying the installation of the President's cabinet officers. First thing up to get the budget's foundation and vectors set is to figure out what Obamacare's replacement will look like. The budget starts there, and they can't begin to do anything of substance WRT that until Price is confirmed. This administration like any other does not exist in a vacuum.

I get it. Bloomberg is not a fan of Trump. His biases flow freely through his magazine and throughout his considerable empire.

So the corporate suite suits are itchy for tax cuts. Maybe they can apply some pressure to the Chucky Schumers of the world to stop delaying the installation of the President's cabinet officers. First thing up to get the budget's foundation and vectors set is to figure out what Obamacare's replacement will look like. The budget starts there, and they can't begin to do anything of substance WRT that until Price is confirmed. This administration like any other does not exist in a vacuum.

Trump's "thoughts" on the economy are enough to cause confusion, something markets do not like. Sure, perhaps when his team is in place and they take over, we will get some serious policies

The first story is an editorial, the other reported sentiments by Goldman's economists. Don't listen to Bloomberg then, hear out what the head of the world's largest asset management firm has to say.

Technological advancement and the breakdown of global trade are currently deflationary pressures, but the real concern is the amount of rampant uncertainties in global businesses, Fink said.

In conversation with CEOs in Europe and the U.S., Fink finds one similarity: That they are bullish about what may come in the form of tax cuts and fewer regulations. But the majority of them are holding off on investing now.

“I believe we’re in the midst of a slowdown as we speak, because of all the uncertainty,” he said.

Additionally, if the promise of President Donald Trump’s pro-business policies get delayed — say, if it takes Congress a full year to get anything pushed through — then markets are ahead of themselves, Fink said.

Fixing ACA is not a priority to resume strong economic growth. Revamping the tax code and having a coherent trade policy, are. There's a growing probability that Trump will blow the early enthusiasm.

The economy wavers on Trump's tiny fingers....

Don't underestimate the influence of Bannon. He will be the driving force on their economic agenda. The main issue they face is that the rank and file republicans will try to push through their long-standing agenda which in many cases will punish Trump's main constituents.

The first story is an editorial, the other reported sentiments by Goldman's economists. Don't listen to Bloomberg then, hear out what the head of the world's largest asset management firm has to say.

Fixing ACA is not a priority to resume strong economic growth. Revamping the tax code and having a coherent trade policy, are. There's a growing probability that Trump will blow the early enthusiasm.

Which is to say we're in a correction phase right now. The markets are going gently sideways/slightly up after the post-election euphoria. Maybe it's best the correction happen quietly right now. I still think the ACA is the bottleneck. They !@#$ up fixing that and they won't be able to build a pro-growth budget. My 2¢.

Which is to say we're in a correction phase right now. The markets are going gently sideways/slightly up after the post-election euphoria. Maybe it's best the correction happen quietly right now. I still think the ACA is the bottleneck. They !@#$ up fixing that and they won't be able to build a pro-growth budget. My 2¢.

What?

Edited by Tiberius

Abe smells what's coming... (ignore the hyperbole, Japan is not a vassal state)

http://www.thedailyeconomist.com/2017/02/long-time-us-vassal-state-japan-to.html?m=1

As the world continues to reject the dollar and the old financial model of a singular reserve currency, more countries are seeing the benefits of transacting in a bi-lateral environment. And once enough of these nations decides to follow this new economic model being laid out from Beijing, and create the critical mass needed to bypass the dollar completely, then the reserve currency will simply fade away via de facto consent, and force change onto the Western institutions that have run the global financial system for decades.

Abe smells what's coming... (ignore the hyperbole, Japan is not a vassal state)

http://www.thedailyeconomist.com/2017/02/long-time-us-vassal-state-japan-to.html?m=1

As the world continues to reject the dollar and the old financial model of a singular reserve currency, more countries are seeing the benefits of transacting in a bi-lateral environment. And once enough of these nations decides to follow this new economic model being laid out from Beijing, and create the critical mass needed to bypass the dollar completely, then the reserve currency will simply fade away via de facto consent, and force change onto the Western institutions that have run the global financial system for decades.

Yeay, another prognostication of the end of the dollar. Hint, the world has really had two global reserve currencies in the industrial age - Pound Sterling and US Dollar.

Here's a simple quiz. Why do currency traders and world economies like these archaic notes as the monetary lingua franca?

Yeay, another prognostication of the end of the dollar.

Or... it's a report on a very large crack in the US system of alliances in the pacific. Japan is slowly but very deliberately taking steps away from American dominance. If the US wants to get back into the game, better start launching some quantum communication satellites like China is doing.

http://www.space.com/33760-china-launches-quantum-communications-satellite.html

Or... it's a report on a very large crack in the US system of alliances in the pacific. Japan is slowly but very deliberately taking steps away from American dominance. If the US wants to get back into the game, better start launching some quantum communication satellites like China is doing.

http://www.space.com/33760-china-launches-quantum-communications-satellite.html

Let me get this straight.

You were among the loudest critics of TPP, which was designed to solidify USA's ties to Asian countries and pull them away from China's influence. But now, you're complaining that Asian countries are moving away from the US into China's influence?

Can we please have a modicum of consistency in your logic?

Let me get this straight.

You were among the loudest critics of TPP, which was designed to solidify USA's ties to Asian countries and pull them away from China's influence. But now, you're complaining that Asian countries are moving away from the US into China's influence?

Can we please have a modicum of consistency in your logic?

The consistency is there if you stop filling in the blanks with your own thoughts and opinions on what I'm saying. You've proven to be consistently poor at that bit so a wise man would just stop doing it.

Nowhere in the post was I complaining. Just pointing out the continuing trend.

This is a giant story.