Wanna dump Tyrod, then who's the new QB

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think that Whaley and the organization are inclined (it appears?) not to keep him? Is it mostly salary and cap factors or does their lack of enthusiasm for him (it appears?) has to do with the perceived limitations of his game? It's more likely a combination of the two reasons but something is perplexing here. The Bills currently have a qb that from a statistical standpoint should be more appreciated. His salary doesn't seem to be onerous, at least for his position. Even if he was only considered a stop gap caliber of qb why would an organization with few options to replace him still seem very unenthusiastic about him?

This is a very good question JohnC, and my best guess/answer is that I don't know that Whaley is as ready to move on from Taylor as this board or media speculate. Whaley left his options open when directly discussing it, but at the same time we had no head coach and considering we do have an option with Taylor that we can either pick up or move on from, it makes sense to wait until the coaching position was filled and let the new staff determine if they feel Taylor is the right fit.

Personally, I think more has been made about it than it really is and that no decision had been made because they wanted to truly sit back with the new coaching staff and evaluate what was a product of the players, what was a product of the staff/system, how they see each player fitting in, etc before making any final conclusions. I could be wrong, but thats just my 2 cents.

This is a very good question JohnC, and my best guess/answer is that I don't know that Whaley is as ready to move on from Taylor as this board or media speculate. Whaley left his options open when directly discussing it, but at the same time we had no head coach and considering we do have an option with Taylor that we can either pick up or move on from, it makes sense to wait until the coaching position was filled and let the new staff determine if they feel Taylor is the right fit.

Personally, I think more has been made about it than it really is and that no decision had been made because they wanted to truly sit back with the new coaching staff and evaluate what was a product of the players, what was a product of the staff/system, how they see each player fitting in, etc before making any final conclusions. I could be wrong, but thats just my 2 cents.

I appreciate your response or should I say conjectures. That's the point! No matter how we try to consider the options what is clear to me is that Whaley is not enamored with him. That is not to say that he won't keep him. But if he does it will be for the unenthusiastic reason that he has no better option.

Many of us have made the point (and I think you are in this category) that maybe the best route to take is to keep him, even as a stop gap qb, and put him in the best position to succeed with a better supporting cast at the receiver spot or two and bringing in a player or reshuffling the line to rectify the gaping hole at right tackle.

I make no apology for equivocating on the TT issue. I have switched my positions more than once. Right now my position is to keep him and continue with the quest to find a young qb prospect for the long haul. Sometimes things work out dramatically different from expectations. When the Bills played the Seahawks and TT went against Russell Wilson there wasn't much difference in play between the two players. And when the Bills played the Dolphins at home TT played a sparkling game making high end throws all over the field.

On this issue I make no apologies for being perplexed and baffled more than I usually am.

Trubisky, Watson, and Maholmes. Any will do.

Texans want Maholmes late 1st according to Dallas morning news blog.

Brock is gonna be like the wife that you wanna get rid of but now it cost more to divorce her then to just keep her and cheat on her.

Trubisky, Watson, and Maholmes. Any will do.

Texans want Maholmes late 1st according to Dallas morning news blog.

Thanks for an answer, many just want to complain (and that gets old without a concrete suggestion). At #10? Is that too high for all three? The problem is not over drafting, but not losing out because you waited.

Here's what Gil Brandt says about Hotrod.

Whether the team agrees with me is another matter, of course, but I happen to think the Bills already have their quarterback, which is why they fall so low on this list. I know the Bills have a new coach in Sean McDermott, so their direction might not be defined. But if I were them, I'd exercise the option on the rest of the contract extension Taylor signed in August. Yes, that would mean paying him $27.5 million for 2017, but exercising the option saves them a serious chunk of salary-cap space next season, and that I can live with. I also happen to think he's worth it. I like everything about him. A down 2016 notwithstanding, Taylor's a player who can help Buffalo win, provided he and his receivers are fully healthy, and I think the Bills will have a hard time finding someone better. There's an interesting wrinkle in light of the surgery he recently underwent: If he can't pass a physical in time and the option isn't exercised, the team will be on the hook for the full $27.5 million in 2017 whether they keep him on the roster or cut him loose.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000776013/article/ideas-for-the-qbneedy-trubisky-to-browns-romo-to-texans

I agreed with Gil.

At least this thread is asking the complainers for a better alternative. Don't just whine, come up with a better solution. So...who is it?

Try reading other threads as it has been discussed and there are a plethora of suggestions as to who might be brought in should TT not be retained.

A co-worker gave me a bottle of hot sauce. It's called "Datil Fire." The datil pepper is supposedly about as hot as a habanero. This sauce doesn't seem that hot, but a lot of the heat is offset with sweetness ... perhaps a little too much.

I like it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Obvious answer.

Because we are the Bills. It's what we do.👍🏻

This ain't hard to figure out. Just look at the season ending press conference with Whaley and you can figure out why.

Or watch Tyrod Taylor try to look like a real qb vs the Raiders and Steelers.

#Fraud.

jerod evans from va tech.

Or watch Tyrod Taylor try to look like a real qb vs the Raiders and Steelers.

#Fraud.

just fy....the seahawks defense held brady to 7 point 3rd q and 3 point 4th q to win the game. our defense couldn't hold oak back. it take 2 sides to win in the nfl just sayin. nothing to do with tyrod. just saying that's how a defense can win you a game. so no response with anything to do with tyrod. our defense held oak to 9 point first half. then wheels off in the 2nd.

The green el yucateco is for the men.

It's a habeñero sauce. Habeñero is is my least favorite chili in regards to taste and flavor profile.

Real men go for ghost chili or one of the "7 pot" chilies.

A co-worker gave me a bottle of hot sauce. It's called "Datil Fire." The datil pepper is supposedly about as hot as a habanero. This sauce doesn't seem that hot, but a lot of the heat is offset with sweetness ... perhaps a little too much.

I like it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Datil peppers are hard to find on the West Coast. I think they're grown mainly in Florida. Good flavor as I recall.

It's a habeñero sauce. Habeñero is is my least favorite chili in regards to taste and flavor profile.

Real men go for ghost chili or one of the "7 pot" chilies.

Datil peppers are hard to find on the West Coast. I think they're grown mainly in Florida. Good flavor as I recall.

Re: the datil - flavorful, but just not hot enough for my liking.

Re: the jolokia (ghost) pepper - My buddy grows them year round. Has a sweet setup in his spare room with lights, irrigation system, etc. and plants them outside during the warmer months. I have an off the shelf ghost pepper sauce that actually has some flavor. I can't remember the brand name.

My friend dehydrates some and makes his own jolokia powder, which is great.

As drunken fools, we've done some challenges with the raw peppers. A translucent slice the size of a dime eaten raw is painful.

I'm going to grab some peppers from him and make my own sauce.

Honestly, I have no interest at all in eating anything hotter than a jolokia.

25th in 3 and outs.

30th in passing yards.

27th in passing TDs.

25th in time of possession.

Yes. Tyrod is the problem.

How can a team lead the league in rushing and still rank 25th in TOP? A crap QB, that's how.

Take away McCoy and garbage time and the rankings you listed drop dramatically.

What does time of possession have anything to do with a QB being bad or not? Score points is the name of the game, whether it's a 4 minute drive or a 7 minute drive

What does time of possession have anything to do with a QB being bad or not? Score points is the name of the game, whether it's a 4 minute drive or a 7 minute drive

Did you see the world record setting 3 and outs all season long?

That's not good for the defense.

It's a team game. Yes, the D sucked. But so did Tyrod. It's really that simple.

Did you see the world record setting 3 and outs all season long?

That's not good for the defense.

It's a team game. Yes, the D sucked. But so did Tyrod. It's really that simple.

I really don't get how you say Tyrod sucks. If you want to say he is an average QB but wouldn't pay him 27 mil going forward i can understand that. But to say he sucks i really just don't understand. I guess we will just agree to disagree