Obama and Trump

45 members have voted

1. 1. How did Obama perform as president?

• He was a good president
    • He was an average president
    • He was a poor president
  2. 2. How do you think Trump will perform as president?

• He will be a good president
    • He will be an average president
    • He will be a poor president
  3. 3. Will Trump see a second term?

• Yes, Trump will be re-elected for a second term
    • No, Trump will lose re-election for a second term
    • No, Trump will not seek a second term
    • No, Trump will not complete his first term

Pretty simple... we're on the eve of a new presidency. How do you think Obama performed overall? How do you think Trump will perform? Do you think Trump will get a second term? Do you think he'll stumble along the way before then?

Put your 'bets' in now!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say that Trump might be a great President or he might be a total disaster. He really is blazing new territory by bullying businesses and using threats of the tariff to keep jobs here. Very interested in seeing how that turns out. Can't wait to see how his and the GOP health care situation evolves--and it will be a long term evolution--what happens with infrastructure, corporate taxes and the bringing back of foreign profits tax. The bond market will be very interesting to watch.

Yes, the partisan in me wants to see the GOP crash and burn, but if they do right by my country and its people, so be it.

Personally, I think Obama was an average president politically. I liked him a lot as a person, but that's not overly important to the role, as a liberal I kind of resented him backing off certain progressive stances he had before entering office.

As far as Trump? I still don't understand how he won the Republican primary, let alone the Presidency. I understand some people were frustrated with 'politics as usual', but I think Trump's lack of political experience, limited success financially, questionable connections (and not just the usual lobbying/financing sort), and huge ego are going to make for an interesting 4 years. He's entering with already low approval ratings, and I just can't imagine them getting any better unless he has some crazy populist idea that would actually work in real life.

As far as a second term, I don't see it happening. I don't think he'll actually get impeached, since Republicans are very party first, and they control almost all aspects of federal and state government at this point. It'd be a black mark on their party if they impeached their own candidate, possibly. That being said, I'm not sure Trump ever actually wanted to win, and I don't think he'll enjoy the job, and thus will not seek a second term.

At the end of the day, as much as I politically disagree with Trump, I hope he's a successful President, and that America is prosperous and peaceful during his term(s). Hoping for a President to fail is hoping for America to fail.

Edited by Dorkington

Personally, I think Obama was an average president politically. I liked him a lot as a person, but that's not overly important to the role, as a liberal I kind of resented him backing off certain progressive stances he had before entering office.

As far as Trump? I still don't understand how he won the Republican primary, let alone the Presidency. I understand some people were frustrated with 'politics as usual', but I think Trump's lack of political experience, limited success financially, questionable connections (and not just the usual lobbying/financing sort), and huge ego are going to make for an interesting 4 years. He's entering with already low approval ratings, and I just can't imagine them getting any better unless he has some crazy populist idea that would actually work in real life.

At the end of the day, as much as I politically disagree with Trump, I hope he's a successful President, and that America is prosperous and peaceful during his term(s). Hoping for a President to fail is hoping for America to fail.

He won because people's attention spans are less than 140 characters.

Obama was a weak leader and a debutant. But history is written by Leftists so he will go down in the Pantheon as a far better President than he actually was.

The Trump Presidency will be an abject failure. But in Trump's defense whoever takes over for President Potemkin is set up for failure. All the zits, warts, wrinkles, and cracks that were glossed over these last 8 years are about to come into the light.

Trump will seek re-election but will lose in a traditional red state / blue state Electoral map

I am completely disappointed by Obama. The few things I embraced upon his initial platform were what he failed so poorly at; holding responsibility to those who weaken our economy, allowing free speech and basically telling us as if he would make america grow the !@#$ up. And surely, he would not screw us up as badly as we all expected on the foreogn stage.

Instead he bailed out businesses, allowed a lot of jobs to leave without effort to stop them, enabled free speech to overtake conventional wisdom and the constitution, destroyed health care and ripped us up on foreign policy.

Trump will be in the same boat but fair as average due to his ability to stifle others in to action either with or against him.

He won't seek a 2nd term.

I am completely disappointed by Obama. The few things I embraced upon his initial platform were what he failed so poorly at; holding responsibility to those who weaken our economy, allowing free speech and basically telling us as if he would make america grow the !@#$ up. And surely, he would not screw us up as badly as we all expected on the foreogn stage.

Instead he bailed out businesses, allowed a lot of jobs to leave without effort to stop them, enabled free speech to overtake conventional wisdom and the constitution, destroyed health care and ripped us up on foreign policy.

Trump will be in the same boat but fair as average due to his ability to stifle others in to action either with or against him.

He won't seek a 2nd term.

That's funny.

As far as a second term, I don't see it happening. I don't think he'll actually get impeached, since Republicans are very party first, and they control almost all aspects of federal and state government at this point. It'd be a black mark on their party if they impeached their own candidate, possibly. That being said, I'm not sure Trump ever actually wanted to win, and I don't think he'll enjoy the job, and thus will not seek a second term.

The Trump-impeachment talk is getting tiresome. Do people not know that Trump actually has to commit a crime to get impeached, and that being an orange dumbass isn't a crime? Let's talk about impeachment after that happens - then we can worry about hyper-partisanship.

(And have no doubt that, if it comes down to it, Congressional Republicans will turn on faux-Republican Trump on a dime when it suits their purposes.)

Some Presidents still maintain their class......................

Former President George H.W. Bush sent President-Elect Donald Trump the following note on why he won’t be able to attend Friday’s inauguration.

In summary, “I could go but it would kill me”:

C2d1L6dVEAENv8k.jpg

He won because people's attention spans are less than 140 characters.

That, and HIllary Clinton was quite possibly the single worse presidential candidate in the history of forever.

... whoever takes over for President Potemkin is set up for failure. All the zits, warts, wrinkles, and cracks that were glossed over these last 8 years are about to come into the light.

This was one of the reasons I would have been fine with Hillary winning. Just dealing with the artificial unemployment rate is going to hurt whomever is in office.

Great pbs special on Frontline. It's hilarious. Rit now they're showing the press conference whatever where obama made fun of trump. That's what broke the camel's back. Trump said he's gonna be President

It's amazing that this is a bias show but how much they actually show makingn Obama look like a fool. It's a good reminder of how many times Obama said he was surprised by fhe outcome of things. The senate votes against Sandy hook, Trayvon Martin, the AcA etc.

His lack of speaking without preparation is worse than Trump. Trump is all kver the place but Obama can never make a damn point and everything is salient points and just terrible falsehoods

Edited by Boyst62