AFC playoff: Steelers at Chiefs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to argue this with people who would tell me they were tougher because they played rugby. Rugby is tough, but football puts people in more unique positions to get hurt. Rugby has a bunch of guys running around chasing the ball carrier. Football presents the opportunity for two people to blindly collide at full speed with a running start. More chances of moving objects colliding with stationary objects in football. No one in rugby is as vulnerable as a receiver in football running over the middle.

I can't even count how many ER trips we took. Rugby will hurt you. Badly! But football can cripple you. It's different for sure.

If the Chiefs hold them to three and out and they get the ball back at mid field - if that happens they will end up kicking game winning FG with no time left

Don't underestimate the violence of rugby though. I could go on for pages about some very gruesome stuff. Death was unlikely (with the exception of one fractured skull which you could hear from 50 yards away).

No matter the outcome, Reid is an awful game manager. Down 8 and snapping the ball with 1 second on the clock. Always has sucked at clock management.

NFL coaches in general suck at a lot. It really all depends if they have the players to bail them out. Reid doesn't. For example hated McCarthys slow developing run call that knocked the Packers out of field goal range on the Packs last drive. For a team with no run game it made no sense to not put the game on Rodgers. The call was awful, yet Rodgers bailed him out. Alex Smith can't bail anyone out.