Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least your not getting him confused with this Gregg Olsen. He had a super nasty curve...it must have dropped 2 feet at the plate at his best.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Olson

This Gregg Olson was a closer with the Orioles when he first came to the Majors. He was really good. They used to play the song "Wild Thing" by The Troggs when he trotted to the mound. Pretty cool.

If Childress is coming that would be because Andy Reid is helping out his coaching family. Childress knows everything Reid is doing in KC.

Yep. Although it would be a substantial upgrade in job for Childress. It's Reid's show in KC. As a co-OC and not calling the plays, he is doing one third or less of the responsibilities he would have here. If he wants to get a new HC position, this would probably be a good place to get that going. If he helps a Bills offense to get in the playoffs with either TT or whatever retread/rookie they have, he jumpstarts a career re-charge.

Just saw no to Jimmy Olsen.

Yep. Although it would be a substantial upgrade in job for Childress. It's Reid's show in KC. As a co-OC and not calling the plays, he is doing one third or less of the responsibilities he would have here. If he wants to get a new HC position, this would probably be a good place to get that going. If he helps a Bills offense to get in the playoffs with either TT or whatever retread/rookie they have, he jumpstarts a career re-charge.

If Childress comes here it's not because he is looking for the next thing. It's an explicit favor from Andy Reid to Sean. Childress would be great and hopefully he could get us a great QB coach.

Olson has pretty much just kicked around the drain in the NFL.

Rams, Jags, Raiders, Lions. Fired from all of them.

Id be pretty uninspired if hes who we're high on.

Agreed, not enthused at all with the idea of Olson. In fact don't care for it at all. Also, usually can see a connection with a HC in these hires, as guys usually pick people they've worked with somewhere so they know they can get along.

Not seeing the connection with Olson.

OK with Childress. I thought he did a decent job with Tarvaris Jackson in Minn and has done well in KC this past season with Alex Smith. He worked with McDermott on the Eagles.

If Childress comes here it's not because he is looking for the next thing. It's an explicit favor from Andy Reid to Sean. Childress would be great and hopefully he could get us a great QB coach.

That, and also from Childress to McDermott.

Is that an autocorrect of "say" or did you see a report refuting Olson?

While that may be true, it's a skyrocket for Childress. Enormous jump in pay, enormous jump in duties and responsibility and public recognition and power and possibility for a legacy.

The prior connection between McDermott and Childress, the hiring of Castillo, and the silence on the OC position (with KC still in the playoffs) all point toward Chilly.

McDermott, Frazier, Childress - that would make a pretty reputable leadership team.

The one name that doesn't seem to fit the story so far is Crossman. We might be retaining him under contract just for insurance, in case McDermott can't recruit anyone better.

Olson would be terrible. We'd be another team he'd be fired from.

Childress I'd like which probably means we're running a west coast scheme. Not sure Tyrod's strengths are a good fit for that offense though.

What are you talking about, West Coast offense is play action. QB is on the move rolling out, handing off, etc. Have to be smart and quick thinking. Taylor isn't a pocket passer, not comfortable going through progressions. In the West Coast his choices will occur quick.

Good QBs play early now. We are going to get someone in the draft that is not a project like Cardale.

I wouldn't assume the Bills are on the same schedule they were on with Rex. I tend to think there will be a reset.

Who will they get as QB in this draft that is ready right away. When I say ready, better than Tyrod was last two years.

Lord, if it's Olson the only thing we'd have to look forward to is the first pick in the 2018 draft.

Spending four years watching the Bucs with two of my roommates inspires nothing but failure with this P.O.S. coordinator. 3rd Down checkdowns to the flat relentlessly and the best year for Schmidt is about all that can be foretold. I'd prefer Childress but honestly are these two the best we can do?

What are you talking about, West Coast offense is play action. QB is on the move rolling out, handing off, etc. Have to be smart and quick thinking. Taylor isn't a pocket passer, not comfortable going through progressions. In the West Coast his choices will occur quick.

Who will they get as QB in this draft that is ready right away. When I say ready, better than Tyrod was last two years.

That's an interesting standard. Demand that we only can play a QB if they are better than Tyrod right away. This team and many of its fans love treading water. I want to build a powerhouse team. Who cares if we win 2 less games with a QB that can win a playoff game the following year?

Anyways, none of our opinions matter. Tyrod decision has probably already been made. Now all you can do is hope the team goes your way.

Tyrod isn't exactly a quick thinking QB who can see the field and get the ball out fast.

He can work in a West Coast, and I'm sure he'll tell them as much. The question will be whether the staff thinks he can.

Hokie, I know you watched Taylor through college and glimpses with the Ravens. Can you elaborate a little bit on why you feel he can run a WCO?

Superficially to me, it seems antithetical to his skill set with its emphasis on precise route running and timing and short, horizontal passing routes in lieu of running plays

https://theringer.com/nfl-spread-offense-quarterbacks-72148a036561#.nzutbcsha

This is interesting relating to alot of what is talked about on this board. Check i out. Quotes from Childress. I personally would love it if we got a receiver like Mike Williams and another in FA to put with Watkins, and attack more. I think Shady would find lots of gaps.

Good article. College stays in the spread. NFL uses it, Kelly used the spread with 4-5 receivers in the No Huddle and gave draws to Thurman. He also linedup at the line. I think this would work with Travis if we keep him. Childress could be another Marcabrodia for the Bills. hope they get him.

That's an interesting standard. Demand that we only can play a QB if they are better than Tyrod right away. This team and many of its fans love treading water. I want to build a powerhouse team. Who cares if we win 2 less games with a QB that can win a playoff game the following year?

Anyways, none of our opinions matter. Tyrod decision has probably already been made. Now all you can do is hope the team goes your way.

The fact that Tyrod has a winning record as starting QB is why I made the statement. Your statement is to draft a QB and making them a starter right away. We have done that too with Losman and EJ. So how is your statement SMARTER than mine. Who is the QB you think we can draft 10th over all that your sure will be better someday than even Tyrod or may get to be a franchise QB? Easy to make bold statements but back yours up at least a little bit. I have the Bills past and Tyrods present play in one system to back what I say. I am sure Tyrod can be better in a West Coast or Spread offense that uses his athletism.

https://theringer.com/nfl-spread-offense-quarterbacks-72148a036561#.nzutbcsha

This is interesting relating to alot of what is talked about on this board. Check i out. Quotes from Childress. I personally would love it if we got a receiver like Mike Williams and another in FA to put with Watkins, and attack more. I think Shady would find lots of gaps.

That's quite a good article. A shouldread.

Lynn was a RB coach and took over just fine for Roman. Our HC was a DC and now a HC. Childress was a HC and same with Frazier, they will be just fine.