Pre-Snap Motions & Other Subtle Peeves of Rule Breaking

boyst

Maybe I am too much of a purist but I cannot stand how much pre-snap movement is allowed. I am watching the NE* Patriots cheat over Houston and every snap the WR's are moving their head, their arms wiggling or just rocking. The OL on all teams turn around, reset their feet, get their balance shifted all sorts of nonsense. It seems like an advantage for most teams and is ignored as much as the WR/TE push off that Gronkowski has made famous, OL's being 5 yards off the LOS, etc.

I know most of us only played High School ball, if at all. Any of my coaches would beat the hell out of us if we flinched, moved any of it.

Does this bother anyone else? What else might grind your gears?

Whatever snowflake!

you're adorable, sweetheart.

Always running forward right before the snap (after a motion)

this is annoying to me, too.

houston moved their RB to the otherside of the qb. qb put his hands up to be ready for the snap in shotgun. pats shifted, rb shifts sides moves in front of rb to do this. i could not believe it was not called.

Always running forward right before the snap (after a motion)

this is annoying to me, too.

houston moved their RB to the otherside of the qb. qb put his hands up to be ready for the snap in shotgun. pats shifted, rb shifts sides moves in front of rb to do this.

Maybe I am too much of a purist but I cannot stand how much pre-snap movement is allowed. I am watching the NE* Patriots cheat over Houston and every snap the WR's are moving their head, their arms wiggling or just rocking. The OL on all teams turn around, reset their feet, get their balance shifted all sorts of nonsense. It seems like an advantage for most teams and is ignored as much as the WR/TE push off that Gronkowski has made famous, OL's being 5 yards off the LOS, etc.

I know most of us only played High School ball, if at all. Any of my coaches would beat the hell out of us if we flinched, moved any of it.

This bothers me

I don't understand why it is legal for everyone to get set and the QB starts with the snap count, then all of a sudden everyone stands up, looks around, looks at the sidelines, gets reset, and then the snap count starts all over again. They do it in college and pros. I don't get it. Once everyone is set and the QB starts the snap count, how can they all suddenly get up and move around again?

Whatever snowflake!

So negative.

I thought your point would be just the opposite reading the thread title!

As in, the NFL should get rid of all the stupid penalties that don't really impact the game, only cause delays, and aren't even noticed by fans as infractions in the first place...

Like a WR twisting around or an OL rotating his hips to look back at the QB.

Atlanta run illegal WR picks more times than I could count last night.

The NFL just doesn't care about consistent officiating.

Yet another reason the NFL needs a developmental league.

original ideas and premises of thought are foreign to him.

CTRL & V are the only two keys he knows.

These personal attacks are petty BS & make our board look bush league. If you don't like someone's post move on & read another post.

These personal attacks are petty BS & make our board look bush league. If you don't like someone's post move on & read another post.

its not a personal attack by any means. and anyone that sensitive to matters on a football teams message board to not take a little bit of ribbing (on TSW) probably takes life too seriously anyway.

but, thanks for your input. i'd like to tell you i would consider this in the future when i make a response about something but i won't. maybe i'm not that kind of guy, i don't know. but, i also don't care.

yea ive been noticing that too. They no longer call illegal motion like that, when guys move forward before the snap.

tonight's packers game, the WR to RB, #88 has been moving all over the field and i just can't see how he's not toeing that edge every time he does it.

Snowflake can't help it, he is unique.

i laughed. i really did laugh at this. well done.

i suppose with enough snowflakes we can make a snowman. of course, it depends on how many of us stick around... get it?