McDermott in regards to Tyrod

Where?

Still couldn't get the job finished against Miami or Baltimore or Oakland or Pittsburgh or Seattle

Second best player, just stop. Tyrod is a backup in this league, he is not consistent enough to be a full time starter. Kind of like all the other hot garbage QBs that have come through here the last 17 years.

Good call - maybe didn't press send on what I wrote about playcalling.

So in the poo-poo'ed VT comeback video, did you notice the glaring lack lack of a reverse to a backup RB in the RZ - and a QB draw in the theRZ when everyone in the stadium knew it was coming - and the absolute seed that TT threw on the long pass to get VT in the RZ ? Bills did not call those plays in comeback situations. Instead they were ass plays as outlined.

The Bills playcalling hurt them the most on sealing the deal - Miami and Seattle at a minimum.

Next up - Aaron Rodgers just beat the Cowboys on 3 ridiculous toe tap sideline throws. I can put up TT VT highlights like that, too - but requires receivers that u've practiced that with week in and week out. Packers lose without that perfection tonight.

TT hasn't had a consistent set of receivers all year - let alone ones with that talent - but he can make those throws - seen him do it.

Best or second best player on the team is a player call - not a message board fan's. You would lose this bet. The players know who the their leader is and who is the best player. Heck - TT beat them all in their own skills challenge including some weightlifting.

It's a wash between Shady and TT. Take that mediocre TT talent BS to the players and they laugh you out.

Denver is not going to bench Siemien or 1st rounder Lynch in favor of Tyrod. Maybe a QB competition, maybe, and I wouldn't expect Tyrod to win that.

Jets? Who knows what is happening there

KC? No way are they benching Smith in favor of Tyrod, it's delusional to think otherwise.

SF? is Tyrod really better than Kaep? it's debatable, they're basically the same QB plus Kaeps resume is a whole lot better.

Rams? Not benching Goff

Houston? No, huge contract by Osweiler, they aren't going to pay him that $$$ to be backup

Chicago? Could be, going to draft someone probably

Cleveland? see Chicago ^^^^^

Where else is Tyrod going to get interest from if he is gone from here? I see one landing spot maybe, Jets and they may still opt for someone already on their roster.

This delusion that Tyrod is going to garner so much attention is laughable.

Silly. Even Flacco wouldn't let TT ever come in the game cuz he knew he was as good if not better at the Ravens. Team Tyrod beat Team Flacco all the time in scrimmages with the #2 offensive players.

That's why Denver (Kubiack - TT's last Ravens OC) offered him so much in 2015.

Delusion is what your post is. TT is way better than those pretenders you listed in your post.

We shall see.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring 4-3 coach with an understated personality seen as an antidote to the blowhard who was just fired. Underwhelming special teams approach. Greg Olson (if it's him) is a Turk Schonert clone.

I've compared this period of time to the 2005 post-Bledsoe Bills.

If Taylor is cut loose and a rookie or Cardale put in it might be what 2005 would have looked like if Jauron had taken over THEN with JP Losman rather than rather than in 2006.

The fanbase won't have the patience for another "run it, run it, pass it, punt it" offense with a bendy-no-breaky defense if that's what McDermott ends up bringing.

Good call - maybe didn't press send on what I wrote about playcalling.

So in the poo-poo'ed VT comeback video, did you notice the glaring lack lack of a reverse to a backup RB in the RZ - and a QB draw in the theRZ when everyone in the stadium knew it was coming - and the absolute seed that TT threw on the long pass to get VT in the RZ ? Bills did not call those plays in comeback situations. Instead they were ass plays as outlined.

The Bills playcalling hurt them the most on sealing the deal - Miami and Seattle at a minimum.

Next up - Aaron Rodgers just beat the Cowboys on 3 ridiculous toe tap sideline throws. I can put up TT VT highlights like that, too - but requires receivers that u've practiced that with week in and week out. Packers lose without that perfection tonight.

TT hasn't had a consistent set of receivers all year - let alone ones with that talent - but he can make those throws - seen him do it.

Best or second best player on the team is a player call - not a message board fan's. You would lose this bet. The players know who the their leader is and who is the best player. Heck - TT beat them all in their own skills challenge including some weightlifting.

It's a wash between Shady and TT. Take that mediocre TT talent BS to the players and they laugh you out.

Silly. Even Flacco wouldn't let TT ever come in the game cuz he knew he was as good if not better at the Ravens. Team Tyrod beat Team Flacco all the time in scrimmages with the #2 offensive players.

That's why Denver (Kubiack - TT's last Ravens OC) offered him so much in 2015.

Delusion is what your post is. TT is way better than those pretenders you listed in your post.

We shall see.

Lots of bums were great in college and couldn't cut it in the NFL. When can you show some highlights of Tyrod doing it in the NFL? He's had 29 starts in the NFL, surely you can find something, right? You can't! That's why you keep referencing his junior year at VT.

Edited by old school

Lots of bums were great in college and couldn't cut it in the NFL. When can you show some highlights of Tyrod doing it in the NFL? He's had 29 starts in the NFL, surely you can find something, right? You can't! That's why you keep referencing his junior year at VT.

So we've all seen it - maybe it's time for one more ?

And keep in mind most of this is whilst injured.

Edited by moshermw

Where did I say we won games because of QB play? Point was that Bills have shown you can win more than 3 games with replacement QB play.

The idea that removing Tyrod means 3 years of 3 and 13 records is crazy overreaction.

They have? Because it happened with a completely different roster and staff? I can tell you for certain that this roster is 0-3 in games with replacement QBs.

They have? Because it happened with a completely different roster and staff? I can tell you for certain that this roster is 0-3 in games with replacement QBs.

Nick Foles could win 5-6 games at a fraction of TT's cost. Not that I want to see Nick Foles but he could play while the rookie QB we draft gets ready.

I've compared this period of time to the 2005 post-Bledsoe Bills.

If Taylor is cut loose and a rookie or Cardale put in it might be what 2005 would have looked like if Jauron had taken over THEN with JP Losman rather than rather than in 2006.

[bThe fanbase won't have the patience for another "run it, run it, pass it, punt it" offense with a bendy-no-breaky defense if that's what McDermott ends up bringing.[/b]

The over reliance on a running game with a cautious and simple approach to the passing game next year is not going to work as well next year, at least compared to this year. Teams adjust to take away your strengths forcing you to rely more on your weaknesses. TT playing a very restrictive passing game like KC's Alex Smith is not going to work.

What's our best option? Add another high quality receiver either through the draft or free agency and reinforce your OL so it is a better pass blocking line. Is TT's floor so low that it will force this offense to continue playing a limited offense. Or is there enough ceiling in his game that our offense can be a more complete offense that uses the whole field? If the organization is going to go with TT (that is the question???) then the a determined effort should be made to put him in a better position to succeed.

Whether TT stays or not there still should be an on going effort to upgrade the position. When you see qbs such as Prescott being bypassed so this befuddled organization can draft a DT such as the lazy Adolphus Washington it is infuriating. The moving up in the third round to draft a track receiver such as T.J. Graham instead of selecting Russell Wilson makes little sense for a team that doesn't have its qb position solidifed. How about missing out on Derek Carr when we had the opportunity to move down in the first round and still get him?

The point being made here is that even if TT stays this organization has to be focused on up-grading the qb position. Right now Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best qb in the game. He was drafted in the lower quarter of the first round by the Packers when they already had a HOF qb in Fauvre still playing at a high level. The lesson to be learned is obvious!

The over reliance on a running game with a cautious and simple approach to the passing game next year is not going to work as well next year, at least compared to this year. Teams adjust to take away your strengths forcing you to rely more on your weaknesses. TT playing a very restrictive passing game like KC's Alex Smith is not going to work.

What's our best option? Add another high quality receiver either through the draft or free agency and reinforce your OL so it is a better pass blocking line. Is TT's floor so low that it will force this offense to continue playing a limited offense. Or is there enough ceiling in his game that our offense can be a more complete offense that uses the whole field? If the organization is going to go with TT (that is the question???) then the a determined effort should be made to put him in a better position to succeed.

Whether TT stays or not there still should be an on going effort to upgrade the position. When you see qbs such as Prescott being bypassed so this befuddled organization can draft a DT such as the lazy Adolphus Washington it is infuriating. The moving up in the third round to draft a track receiver such as T.J. Graham instead of selecting Russell Wilson makes little sense for a team that doesn't have its qb position solidifed. How about missing out on Derek Carr when we had the opportunity to move down in the first round and still get him?

The point being made here is that even if TT stays this organization has to be focused on up-grading the qb position. Right now Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best qb in the game. He was drafted in the lower quarter of the first round by the Packers when they already had a HOF qb in Fauvre still playing at a high level. The lesson to be learned is obvious!

Yes. The Bills have been criminally negligent with regards to the QB position. If they try to sell us on Cardale they should be ridiculed. He's a lottery ticket, not a prospect.

Except that McDermott is 14 years younger (than Jauron was when he became HC of the Bills), a first time HC, coached better defenses, and won't be trying to install a defense what was already on its way out. As for being boring, I don't know how fiery McDermott is, but it is impossible for anyone to be less stone-faced than Jauron was.

Somebody said he McDermott was boring in front of a mic but "fiesty" when coaching.

I'm not sure it matters. Successful HCs aren't all cut from the same mold.

Jets, Browns and Jags are the only teams in the league that would consider Tyrod an upgrade, in my opinion.

You have to add the Bills to that list if Cardale is the alternative.

To your first paragraph, I said the same thing going into this past season. I was wrong. Teams didnt really adjust to this offense, we actually got better.

From a statistical standpoint emphasizing the running game worked. But that style of play with a heavy emphasis on the running game makes it difficult to come back when you are behind. If you watched much of the playoffs its becomes abundantly clear that you get nowhere without an accomplished passing game. KC certainly demonstrated that and Houston demonstrated that. They both have well rounded rosters but their deficiency at the qb position limits how far they can go.

New Bills coach Sean McDermott spoke on the phone with Tyrod Taylor Thursday and met with the quarterback for a few minutes before his introductory press conference Friday at One Bills Drive.

"Fine young man," McDermott said. "I remember going against Tyrod a little bit in the preseason, Ive watched him in crossover tape, so I know the skill set, I know what he brings to the table."

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/13/sean-mcdermott-cool-tyrod-taylors-future-bills/

Let me preface by saying I am a 100% Tyrod supporter. However, I find it interesting that Tyrod was actually at the building on the day of McDermotts press conference. According to McDermott they spoke over the phone first and then they actually meet eachother right before he goes out and talks to the media.

Now call me crazy, but why would a coach who isn't a supporter of Tyrod go out of his way to talk to the man ? I find it hard to believe that Tyrod being in the building was just a coincidence, so McDermott must have asked him to come. I think its telling that McDermott, a guy who talked at his press conference about building a strong relationship with his players, went out of his way to talk to Tyrod. It was the first thing he did after he was given the job. If were moving on from Tyrod, why would he do this? I'll tell you why. Because Tyrod is a veteran leader on the team who commands the respect from all our other players and McDermott is no fool. We burned Tyrod bad at the end of the season and have done nothing to give him assurances he is in our plans. I think McDermott changed that today.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/13/sean-mcdermott-cool-tyrod-taylors-future-bills/

He said he hasn't decided yet, and I believe him.

Tyrod is being a professional and team leader by being there despite all the swirling uncertainty.

I wouldn't try to read between the line beyond that.

From a statistical standpoint emphasizing the running game worked. But that style of play with a heavy emphasis on the running game makes it difficult to come back when you are behind. If you watched much of the playoffs its becomes abundantly clear that you get nowhere without an accomplished passing game. KC certainly demonstrated that and Houston demonstrated that. They both have well rounded rosters but their deficiency at the qb position limits how far they can go.

I am all about the QB position but I think you are confusing improbable with impossible.

The Chiefs had a chance to win a SB this year.

Denver got to a SB last year in great part due to circumstance.

They got homefield due to NE suffering a number of late season injuries then had very winnable home game versus a banged up Steelers team and banged up Patriots team.

Their amazing defense was part myth.........it was very good but some timely breaks gave them a chance to win a SB.

They then hardly moved the football on offense in the SB and still won due to opponent mistakes.

The takeaway is that if you don't have a QB you need some breaks.......but it has been proven that it can be done.

What we do know for certain is that if you want to be in contention for periods of many years at a time then you need a top QB.

You aren't simply limited by how far you can go in any given season though.

Your assertion to the contrary is false.

Myself and others see Tyrod as a QB and the Bills running game as something that can get you into the playoffs.......and once there you at least have a chance.

Additionally I don't think a system that tries to make defenses crowd the LOS but also play safeties deep is a bad basis to build upon.

You can go from simpler offenses to more complex/pass dependent ones.......there are many examples including ALL 4 teams that are left in the playoffs.

GB used to be much more balanced......Atlanta relied HEAVILY on the run last year.......Roethlisberger won his first SB barely passing at all.......same with Brady's first.

You can start with a simple system and go from there but what you need is a good incubator for QB play and I tend to think the Roman designed Lynn offense was a good basis to start with.

Hopefully Chilly or Nelly will assimilate about 80% of Romans playbook at least and then just add to it and not try to ream a WCO up the organizations collective chute this year.

Yes. The Bills have been criminally negligent with regards to the QB position. If they try to sell us on Cardale they should be ridiculed. He's a lottery ticket, not a prospect.

Explain why Cardale has any less potential than Watson? Both won national championships.

As for Foles, some people must really love bad football.

Edited by PromoTheRobot