Official: Leslie Frazier Hired to be McDermott's DC

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this choice...

Now who is the OC with Lynn taking the SD job (which was one of the 3 to 5 worst jobs in the NFL you can have right now with them displaced a few years, best talent at end of career, roster full of pissed off players, and playing in the toughest division right now in football all but assuring them last place in the AFC west for at least the next couple years).

Edited by Alphadawg7

I like this choice...

Now who is the OC with Lynn taking the SD job (which was one of the 3 to 5 worst jobs in the NFL you can have right now with them displaced a few years, best talent at end of career, roster full of pissed off players, and playing in the toughest division right now in football all but assuring them last place in the AFC west for at least the next couple years).

There were like 5 jobs open this go around. Of course they are in the bottom 5. Top 5 too.

Negative, he's from the Andy Reid tree. Ron Rivera, McDermott and Frazier were all on the Eagles staff between 1999 and 2002.

2005 & 2006 under Dungy as well 👍

Now please bring back Donnie Henderson.

Since Grandpappy denied him going to Jax. 😂😂😂

2005 & 2006 under Dungy as well 👍

Coaching trees normally go off the origin of the coaching career though right? Regardless he played for the Bears through 1985, so he's played in the legendary 46 defense, coaches DBs in the Jim Johnson scheme and been a DC/HC running a basic Tampa 2 prior to coming here. I think he's flexible.

There were like 5 jobs open this go around. Of course they are in the bottom 5. Top 5 too.

No I meant 5 worst jobs period...not just among the openings. Its a very tough job to take right now for a first time HC...and honestly, he will be fired within 3 years and it probably wont even be his fault. The roster is not good and that division is nasty. Chiefs are a serious SB threat, Raiders are young and coming into their own, and Broncos are a QB replacement away from being a major SB contender again next year as that roster is uber talented. Chargers are not only dealing with displacement (something Jeff Fisher even said repeatedly was way harder than they imagined), but that roster is weak with its best players looking in the rear view mirror at their prime and their careers. Add in their best younger weapon, Keenan Allen, can't stay on the field and has 2 major injuries the last 2 years and who knows what he can even give them moving forward.

This. And flopped in MN with Joe Webb as his QB I seem to recall.

Not quite. Made the playoffs with Christian Ponder :) Then the bottom fell out thanks to the Cassell & Ponder combo.

BTW, Percy had his best moments under Frazier :)

Edited by GG

Frazier Resume Highlights

Eagles DB coach:

2000-02- Defense Top 4 in points allowed (2nd - 01 & 02) and Top 10 in yards allowed all 3 years

Colts Defensive Asst

2005- Defense 2nd in league in points allowed

2006- (Defensive Backs Coach). Super Bowl Champs

Vikings Asst Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator

2009- Defense 10th in points allowed and 6th in yards allowed

(Brett Favre interception away from Super Bowl appearance.)

Ravens Secondary Coach

2016- Jumps from 24th in points allowed 2015 to 9th in 2016. 7th in yards allowed.

Edited by dezertbill