JW AP Article: Terry Pegula on Why He Likes McDermott

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too lazy to look for it, but I seem to recall a similar article after the Rex hire. But give the new guy a chance. At the very least, Brandon has some good marketing ammo for next season, and plenty of time to use it.

the entire sports world is one giant repetitive cliche when it comes to interviews and quotes

Why these quotes are any sort of deal breaker or deal sealer in anyone's eyes defies logic when you consider most of us have been fans dealing with this more than 20 years.

A solid coaching hire and now we wait and see...

I'm probably twice your age. I go back to '66 with this team. It's still not a reason to whip yourself into a depression.

So you're a new comer who doesn't remember the Buster Ramsey era.

Edited by chris heff

Well, I'll give you credit for never trying to hide yours.

You need to look up "sanctimony"

There's no disguise, I'm pretty open in my disdain for how some of you choose to live your lives.

You're good, homey.

How would you know any of that?

Wait, this is a message board. Other than that we all choose to spend part of our lives hanging out here, how do you know so much about how some of us live the rest of our lives?

Or if it's hanging out on the message board that earns your distain, well, where were you when you saw us here?

OK, so we have a statement from Pegs. We have a statement from Kim. Do we have a statement from Whaley?

If not, I understand why Sullivan is interpreting this as further diminishing Whaley.

What did Kim say?

I don't see how anyone can have a problem with what Pegula said regarding McDermott's wrestling experience. Pegula was referencing the discipline and commitment it takes to achieve that level of success as a wrestler and how it lends itself to success in other walks of life. He also said he knows it's not the sole qualifier for a person to be an NFL coach; just that those character traits says all he needs to about whether or not McDermott has the necessary drive for the job.

If you're a Bills fan, you throw shade. It's what you do.

Thank you for restoring my faith in reading comprehension. I was beginning to think Jerry Sullivan had multiple aliases on this board. JHC people, get a grip. Maybe review some Schoolhouse Rock lessons.

for what it's worth, i didn't see anything wrong with Terry's text to me.

it spoke to his commitment as an athlete in a tough sport that's demanding of precision and will. and as Terry himself noted, though wrestling might not have anything to do with being an NFL HC, as he put it, it does speak to character and commitment. and he then noted the guidance provided by working under "AReid," as he put it.

remember, too, Terry texts using a old-timey flip phone. so that he managed to thumb out more than 3-4 lines was actually impressive.

that these things caught his attention provides insight into what struck him.

in the end, as always, we'll get an opportunity to evaluate McDermott based on the coming months and once the season begins.

and the first glimpse shall come tomorrow.

i'm keeping an open mind.

jw

You're boring.

Always cracks me up when a random message board poster criticizes the intelligence of a self made billionaire.

it spoke to his commitment as an athlete in a tough sport that's demanding of precision and will. and as Terry himself noted, though wrestling might not have anything to do with being an NFL HC, as he put it, it does speak to character and commitment. and he then noted the guidance provided by working under "AReid," as he put it.

remember, too, Terry texts using a old-timey flip phone. so that he managed to thumb out more than 3-4 lines was actually impressive.

in the end, as always, we'll get an opportunity to evaluate McDermott based on the coming months and once the season begins.

jw

Thanks JW. Voice of reason as usual.

jw

I agree regarding your comments with respect to Terry and his observations. They make sense to me as an insight into the guy. I think that was the way Terry meant it. Of course, there are some that always try to search for the dark cloud . . . .

At this point, we have no choice but to keep an open mind. It also is good form. The guy is a blank slate as a HC. Let's at least wait to see who his staff will be.

I also agree with your tweet that McDermott stands on firmer ground than Whaley. Whaley may have bought himself another year with his behind the scenes machinations.

Of course, if McDermott does "succeed" this year, that should be good for Whaley. On the other hand, what will be the measure of success etc.?

Edited by Peter

not only is the pegula honeymoon officially over, but weve already started the torch and pitchfork brigade

Only the !@#$s have.

jw

People find stupid-ass things to B word about. I just laugh.

For those who wanted Polian as Football Czar. Her has declared Sean McDermott as a home run hire.

Less than two weeks after declaring the Bills organization was a dysfunctional schit show full of potential pitfalls for whomever took the job.

Less than two weeks after declaring the Bills organization was a dysfunctional schit show full of potential pitfalls for whomever took the job.

From last week:

@salmaiorana

If Im Anthony Lynn, Im running as fast as I can. Who would want this job, in this organization?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bingo. Love Polian for what he did for Bills and a Hall of Fame GM. He's a bozo when it comes to statements about the Bills and what they might or should do. Last few years he's been all over the place.