JW AP Article: Terry Pegula on Why He Likes McDermott

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@john_wawrow

#Bills owner Terry Pegula weighs in to AP on what he liked about new coach Sean McDermott.

https://t.co/uj5daAL7DF

jw is in a group chat with t pegs. we know this now.

Here's the quote from the article, but still click on the link above to give jw those sweet sweet numbers:

"2x natl prep champ wrestler says it all," Pegula wrote in a text to The Associated Press. "I know that isn't a quality for NFL HC, but of character & hardwork focus that says it all."

Edited by fridge

Ok, so he was a wrester and Andy Reid liked him? That "says it all" according to the owner of this billion-dollar business?

for some reason i think Mr P is trying to tell you why WE should like him.

I have no doubt this quotation is hardly what leveraged his decision, Do you ? Honestly ?

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Bills owner Terry Pegula releases statement on Sean McDermott

C176jAtWEAQ9eFr.jpg

And this is what Kim said :

“We didn’t look at all the things that some might associate with that job whether he was likable or his salary or his experience,” said Kim Pegula. “We just wanted somebody that we felt would not be a head coach in the short term, but we felt had a chance to be a long term head coach. As we looked at our requirements and checking off the boxes, we just said, ‘Ok, check, check, check here.’ We just felt he was the best head coach that fit this team right now and all the other stuff was just icing on the cake.”