Current Odds for Bills in SuperBowl XL

stevestojan

When the betting opened for SuperBowl XL, the Bills were at 20:1 (which is really good).

Now it's 30:1.

I know, I know, I KNOW it is way to early to take this too seriously, but I am wondering what you think would make this change? Is it Bledsoe leaving? I know most lines change as a result of bets being placed. But I REALLY have a hard time believeing enough people have bet at all on a game that is 11 months away for that to be the case.

from 20:1 to 30:1 in less than a couple weeks is quite a jump (assuming the line opened either after the end ofl ast regular season, or after this past SB).

Either way, we are at least in the area of "respectables" as far as the odds go..

Anyone feel like dropping $100 of the 49ers? $20,000 if they win it all! :o

I'd drop 50 on the Bills at 30 to 1. I know I'd probably be throwing it away, but I suffer from Chris Berman Syndrome. Every year when my dad and I do our football prediction pool, I just can't resist picking the Bills to win the Super Bowl (actually at least Chris has finally given up on us). Its like that scene in Liar Liar when he tries to write "The Pen is Red." I just cant control it. :o

Edit: I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I am sure it is purely the result of Bledsoe leaving. I dont think Vegas thinks very highly of unproven QBs' chances in a Super Bowl, even if they are replacing an average vet.

When the betting opened for SuperBowl XL, the Bills were at 20:1 (which is really good).

Now it's 30:1.

I know, I know, I KNOW it is way to early to take this too seriously, but I am wondering what you think would make this change? Is it Bledsoe leaving? I know most lines change as a result of bets being placed. But I REALLY have a hard time believeing enough people have bet at all on a game that is 11 months away for that to be the case.

from 20:1 to 30:1 in less than a couple weeks is quite a jump (assuming the line opened  either after the end ofl ast regular season, or after this past SB).

Either way, we are at least in the area of "respectables" as far as the odds go..

Anyone feel like dropping $100 of the 49ers? $20,000 if they win it all! :D

255137[/snapback]

Is it Bledsoe leaving?

D-U-H :o