Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

I went back to see if I read that wrong and it said "top 3-4 overall pick." He's been a 1st round lock for 3 years.

I wasn't especially fond of him after his 2015 games and even I've got him as a fringe 1st rounder at that point.

I'll be honest, I was in bed for the game. I haven't watched it this morning either. All I know is that Deshaun Watson is good at football.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson won't be there at 10 I don't think. These QBs have issues and there are teams that need a guy. Watson is the one that I have been okay with because he has the best resume. I've seen him rise to the occasion and lead. Some other trash organization is going to look to that guy to turn them around. He will go in the top 5.

I wasn't especially fond of him after his 2015 games and even I've got him as a fringe 1st rounder at that point.

I'll be honest, I was in bed for the game. I haven't watched it this morning either. All I know is that Deshaun Watson is good at football.

He played like Deshaun Watson vs. Alabama last year. He got off to a slow start and in the 2nd half he wore them out. They ran 99 plays!! He didn't make more than 4 or 5 great throws but he kept them moving. I don't like his pocket presence and his footwork gets spotty but he has "it." He leads and competes.

I really like Watson as a prospect and I would be fine with the Bills taking him at 10, but I would be appalled if Whaley were to trade up to the top of the draft for him. It would be be prohibitively expensive and trading up is a fools game. Also, while Watson is a very good prospect, he's not a can't miss type player; it remains to be seen whether he would be an immediate upgrade over TT, or Cardale, for that matter. The Bills need help in so many areas and can't afford to mortgage the farm for one guy. Unfortunately, it's exactly the sort of panic move Whaley would make. Stay put, let the draft come to you; there will be an impact player at a premium position (maybe even a qb) available at 10.

FOLKS - every year the QBs get pushed up. It's a QB-starved league. Watson and Trubinsky are going 1-2, and if someone wants them at 10 they're going to have to pay a lot to go get 'em. No way Chicago, San Fran, the Jets, Cleveland come out of this draft without QBs. STOP DELUDING YOURSELVES THAT THEY'LL BE THERE AT 10. They never are, unless they're EJ Manuel...

FOLKS - every year the QBs get pushed up. It's a QB-starved league. Watson and Trubinsky are going 1-2, and if someone wants them at 10 they're going to have to pay a lot to go get 'em. No way Chicago, San Fran, the Jets, Cleveland come out of this draft without QBs. STOP DELUDING YOURSELVES THAT THEY'LL BE THERE AT 10. They never are, unless they're EJ Manuel...

This is the same league that let Teddy Bridgewater drop to 32. Forgive me if I'm not entirely convinced some of these teams know what they're doing :)

If you are talking about moving up to 1, it would cost considerably more, I think.

I don't disagree. The question was just "what would it cost to move up and get him." I think that's the starting point. For some context, the Eagles went from 8 to 2 and it cost them pick 8, a 3rd, a swap of 4ths, a #1 in 2017 and a #2 in 2018. That's what you are looking to go to SF maybe? The problem is the teams picking 1-3 all need QB. You probably can't get to there. You are looking maybe Jax at 4 or Tennessee at 5.

I agree 100 percent. He will not be there at 10 for a very simple reason: he represents a *significant* upgrade for at least 4 teams (SF, Chicago, the Jets, and Cleveland). I can SD taking him too as the eventual replacement for Rivers. If he falls even slightly, the Titans will be in a great position to make a trade. Same with Philly.

@greggabe

Up that total to 825 yards passing and 7 TD's by Watson vs Alabama in last two NC games. Not bad against best D in college football

Clemson did run 99 offensive plays last night. I would hope he got yards and TDs. Not saying he will bust at the next level but he is the epitome of a system QB if I ever seen one. Would liked to have seen him perform in a pro style offense. He's good but i'm not sold.