Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a QB guru by any means (a necessary disclaimer).

I admire his toughness. He has the arm too, but accuracy looks inconsistent (which in the end usually winds up meaning inaccurate or not accurate enuf to beat NFL defences). No way IMO is he anywhere close to being ready to start and would need a fair bit of grooming, maybe a couple of years. I realize he has much better intangibles than Geno but as a player he reminds me of that guy. I would see him drafted around the same place as Geno was in terms of value. Maybe the pro talent evaluators know better and think differently, but that is my impression. I guess we will see.

Really like Mike Williams tho. That one is easy.

Vince Young did not graduate in 3 years. Watson is a smart, composed, professional, charismatic leader. Vince Young was lazy and immature when he left Texas. Just because they are both black, doesn't mean they are the same guy.

So was EJ Manuel....

This is true!

And WRs like Mike Williams can go up and get the ball and make adjustments for the catch. Completion percentage doesn't deal with ball placement issues and at times mis-fired passes. Both of which he has issues with....

My point is this - don't overreact to one or 2 games. Clemson had 99 plays last night on offense - his numbers should look gaudy and yeah he led them to a win - great job (I do mean that sincerely!). When you look at a QB to draft; you have to look at their entire body of work. To be successful in the NFL you need these top teir skills Accuracy & Ball Placement, Poise in the Pocket, decision making and then you can make sure you have enough arm strength and mobility in the pocket...

A lot of the throws last night were very quick, short easy throws on the boundary; others were toss ups to Mike Williams. Once and NFL D takes those away his weaknesses will become more magnified and they will challenge him to be an NFL QB. He will become a limited QB...

So, If the Watson lead Clemson offense was not able to make plays and move the ball against pretty much an NFL defense, would they not have run 99 plays?

They would have ran less...

So was EJ Manuel....

Draft the Purdue QB!

Or the Kid from Tennessee!

I dont see any reality where Watson lasts until 10 now. But he would fit THE CURRENT SYSTEM better than Tyrod. He sees the whole field and is mobile.

Boulware is an animal... i loved watching him

I wouldn't be so sure. Opinions are all over the place with this guy. Just this morning I've seen everything from #1OA to Cleveland, to still being 3rd-round at best due to xyz flaws. Teams look at more than just the two NCGs.

Why are you still reading Walter Football?

:w00t::lol::worthy:

It's good to think highly of yourself, but calling someone ignorant for reading something you don't agree with...Your opinion on the "rambling idiot" is subjective you know, not the gospel.

I know Bloke came back to discuss this but it really doesn't get much worse than WalterFootball. Seriously. I would dig up info to make them look bad but I would have to give them page hits to do so.

As to Watson I couldn't help but see Tyrod in him. A scenario that crossed my mind....

How about picking up the option on Tyrod AND drafting Watson. Let there be a competition. It would tie up about 20 million in salary cap to the QB position which wouldn't be outrageous and let the best man win. If Tyrod wins out then Watson sits and learns. If Watson wins out we have a backup with a similar style. Tyrod sticks around for 3 years and then Watson gets his extension. If Tyrod progresses then the Bills have a good problem.

:w00t::lol::worthy:

I know Bloke came back to discuss this but it really doesn't get much worse than WalterFootball. Seriously. I would dig up info to make them look bad but I would have to give them page hits to do so.

As to Watson I couldn't help but see Tyrod in him. A scenario that crossed my mind....

How about picking up the option on Tyrod AND drafting Watson. Let there be a competition. It would tie up about 20 million in salary cap to the QB position which wouldn't be outrageous and let the best man win. If Tyrod wins out then Watson sits and learns. If Watson wins out we have a backup with a similar style. Tyrod sticks around for 3 years and then Watson gets his extension. If Tyrod progresses then the Bills have a good problem.

If we don't go for Romo, this should be the plan. We can still cut TT next year.

Are you not concerned about creating a sizable amount of dead money cutting him next year?

I would keep Tyrod for 2-3 years. Worst case is Watson and Tyrod don't develop further. Best case you trade one of them after they both show out. Again having 20 million of cap space allocated to the qb position isn't crazy money. According to this it would put the Bills about 13th in allocated money to the position.

Are you not concerned about creating a sizable amount of dead money cutting him next year?

Thoughts on Josh Dobbs? I kind of look at him as a deep sleeper. He's played a ton of games in the SEC and been productive. He is kind of a poor man's Dak (at least with resume). I haven't really looked much further but would be curious to hear your thoughts.

You should probably read things that aren't the ramblings of an idiot. You want to stay ignorant, that's fine, be my guest.

"I've really struggled to grade Watson for the next level. He has had some issues with accuracy, decision making and turnovers. However, none of those issues showed up tonight. There's something to be said for guys that rise to the occasion and play their best in the most important games. He's always done just that, and he did it one more time tonight. We are several months away from the NFL draft, which Watson intends to enter, but this game won't soon be forgotten by NFL evaluators".

Ok. What about Daniel Jeremiah from NFL.com? Or is he an "idiot" also because he doesn't agree with you?