[closed]Tyrod will NOT improve unless he gets better coaching

Yeezus

This is our biggest key to becoming a good team. We need to give Tyrod the best possible path to success. NO ONE knows how he will look under a legit offensive coaching staff. Anthony Lynn and Rex Ryan are not coaches that should be in charge of developing a QB. Lynn is amazing working with the run game, but passing the football is not his specaility. I really don't think we have a coach on this staff that can work with Tyrod and help him get better.

Look at what Mike McCarthy did with Rodgers, he had him go to his "QB school" and spent hundreds of hours coaching him up and fixing his mechanics and vision. We need a coach like that to work with Tyrod and see if he can improve the things he struggles with.

Everything Tyrod needs to work on can be fixed, he has all the physical tools. Get him an OC like McCoy and watch how he improves. We finally need a legit OC in Buffalo and our best bet at getting back into the playoffs.

What's tyrod in his 6th year? He needs more coaching ?

Got great coaching in Baltimore. That's how he easily won the starting job over Cassel and EJ having never started an NFL game.

Also finished Top 10 in QBR and went to a Pro Bowl.

I think the OP is saying he won't take the next step without a real QB coach. We don't have one. Been all TT the past 2 years -- relying on what Flacco and the Ravens taught him.

Edited by moshermw

save us from a 1.4 percent interception percentage

Who cares. Being gun shy, safe and not throwing int is overrated. Favre, Marino, Elway, Moon, Fouts, Unitas, Tarkington are all top 15 ints thrown career. They were all good QBs and threw a ton of ints.

What's tyrod in his 6th year? He needs more coaching ?

Tyrod just finished his 2nd year as a starter and went through the sophomore jinx. Teams had a season of film to study and figured him out. The next step for TT is to take what he's learned from this season to step up his game for year 3. And the OP is right about the coaching. Think about it. The best QB Rex's staff has developed was Mark Sanchez. Nuff Said.

I love the idea that some people think a 6th year player needs better coaching in order to understand the position they have been playing for a long time. Most good QBs are good by their second season, if they are going to be good enough.

I have read these sentiments about EJ for three years and he still can miss receivers 10 yards away by 10 yards.

I love the idea that some people think a 6th year player needs better coaching in order to understand the position they have been playing for a long time. Most good QBs are good by their second season, if they are going to be good enough.

I have read these sentiments about EJ for three years and he still can miss receivers 10 yards away by 10 yards.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tyrod just finished his 2nd year as a starter and went through the sophomore jinx. Teams had a season of film to study and figured him out. The next step for TT is to take what he's learned from this season to step up his game for year 3. And the OP is right about the coaching. Think about it. The best QB Rex's staff has developed was Mark Sanchez. Nuff Said.

But as the CoT has said Tyrod was the "perfect fit" for Rex system, Right!

He performed average at best in said "perfect system" for him.

Rex is gone and so is Rex system. Nobody else runs Rex ground and pound offensive system, nobody.

If Tyrod was a perfect fit for Rex system wouldn't that mean he is not a perfect fit for anybody else system, therefor who is realistically going to want a ground and pound QB if that is not the offense they run?

IDK, I just can't see a whole lot of interest out there for him.

Going to be 7th year in league, he is what he is, a backup, albeit a good backup. Not consistent nor good enough to be a constant starter.

Edited by old school