If Sammy Watkins turned in Odell Beckham Jr's performance...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he wasn't. He went 7.

Which means the Bills would have had (in almost every scenario) to trade up in any case get him.......... Perfectly happy with Sammy who is a better deep threat, just missing a qb (or OC depending on where that debate lies).

The question then is simply OBJ with this Offense and qb's would have the same production as Watkins.

My original thread asked how TSW would have reacted to a playoff game performance (and Miami trip) if it was Watkins and the Bills in place of OBJ & NYG?

Which means the Bills would have had (in almost every scenario) to trade up in any case get him.......... Perfectly happy with Sammy who is a better deep threat, just missing a qb (or OC depending on where that debate lies).

The question then is simply OBJ with this Offense and qb's would have the same production as Watkins.

My original thread asked how TSW would have reacted to a playoff game performance (and Miami trip) if it was Watkins and the Bills in place of OBJ & NYG?

We would've popped champagne for making the playoffs and said Sammy played like crap. Pretty easy answers.

We would've popped champagne for making the playoffs and said Sammy played like crap. Pretty easy answers.

And that Sammy cost us the game with two crucial drops that killed the momentum and affected the Defense the Bills were playing.

I'll revert again to 1999 and one of the best defensive games ever played by Buffalo spoiled by Rob Johnson's pathetic performance vs. Tennessee. I refuse to blame the last play as the offense should have blown out the Titans.....

And that Sammy cost us the game with two crucial drops that killed the momentum and affected the Defense the Bills were playing.

I'll revert again to 1999 and one of the best defensive games ever played by Buffalo spoiled by Rob Johnson's pathetic performance vs. Tennessee. I refuse to blame the last play as the offense should have blown out the Titans.....

I don't understand your point. OBJ is getting crapped on. Sammy would've gotten crapped on too. Is that what you're looking for?

Not necessarily. If the Bills don't trade up, Watkins and Evans are possibly both available to TB at 7 and the other left for Buffalo at 9.

All the people here moaning about Sully and Vic and...whatever--you need to get out of Buffalo once in a while and see how a big city press handles its pro teams.

H3DFZIP.jpg

Not necessarily. If the Bills don't trade up, Watkins and Evans are possibly both available to TB at 7 and the other left for Buffalo at 9.

Cleveland has stated they were locked in on Sammy if they didn't make the trade, so actually neither would have been available to us. And we were reportedly targeting Ebron at 9 had we not traded for Sammy. I would much rather have Sammy and Clay than Ebron and whoever we took in 2015 with the first round pick we gave up.

Just the same excuses. Sammy might very well be every bit the WR OBJ is if the cards fell differently. But so far he hasn't proved it and ODB has. It's sad seeing people contort themselves like a Bulgarian gymnast to get themselves to believe differently. Sammy will be better than OBJ when he proves he is.

Contort themselves? You don't have to. You just have to watch Sammy play.

OBJ had a bad game. Dropped passes for first downs and touchdowns. It happened, acknowledge it, move on. He's a great WR who had a bad game.

Watkins flashes talent but hasn't stayed healthy. Possibly he came back this year before really being ready. All we can do is wait and see. I don't think the Bills will have a better QB than TT next year. Possibly it will be TT, but no one better is available. In 2015 TT hit Watkins on several deep passes. This year with no legitimate #2 receiver, Watkins was double covered a lot, and the deep routes weren't there. But he was open a lot for other routes, and TT never looked at him. I don't know why. Also of course the Bills were focused on running, with a good run blocking O line and Shady being amazing.

Will Watkins turn out better than OBJ? Impossible to tell at this point. Silly to say it can't happen.

OBJ had a bad game. Dropped passes for first downs and touchdowns. It happened, acknowledge it, move on. He's a great WR who had a bad game.

Watkins flashes talent but hasn't stayed healthy. Possibly he came back this year before really being ready. All we can do is wait and see. I don't think the Bills will have a better QB than TT next year. Possibly it will be TT, but no one better is available. In 2015 TT hit Watkins on several deep passes. This year with no legitimate #2 receiver, Watkins was double covered a lot, and the deep routes weren't there. But he was open a lot for other routes, and TT never looked at him. I don't know why. Also of course the Bills were focused on running, with a good run blocking O line and Shady being amazing.

Will Watkins turn out better than OBJ? Impossible to tell at this point. Silly to say it can't happen.

Pretty much bang on. Not sure why no deep balls this year (1 I remember). No YAC either.

Point of the thread is how TSW reacts about Watkins since the day the trade was made to draft him.

Also as said the NYG message boards are so much more thoughtful, quieter and mundane by comparison.