New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

BTW what if the issue is that Lynn has decided against staying here, HC or not?

That gets confused with "Pegula wants ___________ Whaley wants ______________"

The list of people privy to those discussions is pretty short, so whoever is leaking the info is someone high up in the organization.

Or no one is leaking anything and some are just throwing crap against the wall. Not saying John is tossing stuff up there, but notice he is not as definitive as Bucky that's because he wants to verify his information, and a reason Terry deals with the AP and not TBN

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which history of the Sabres is that?

If anything, Pegulas are not afraid to quickly part ways with people they don't believe are furthering their franchise or the OneBuffalo image, despite what the contract says, when that contract was signed, or how long is left on that contract.

The history that they LET Side with their GM.

OOO Know not the thing EVERY Owner does, lets frag pegula for firing people because it never happens elswhere

Yup and they can go from crying over your very presence to parting ways with you in an ugly fashion just months later. (Pat L)

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/3/1/5460758/buffalo-sabres-president-pat-lafontaine-resigns-tim-murray-ryan-miller

Anything sound familiar?

Front office dysfunction. Two totally different visions. Tank vs. contend.

Now, Pat L is notoriously a jerk to work with, but still. That's an abrupt change hiring a new team president who is gone months later.

Point being that Whaley is safe. Until he's not. which could be 10 years from now or tomorrow. Terry and Kim are unpredictable.

OO Know Pat Quit because he didn't get what he wants. Hmmm he has Quit before too.

So he looked for a GM, picked one, the GM got the power and he cried and ran back to the league office. Hmmmm he has a history of that.

And yet again they ultimately sided with their GM to tank

So waiting for ONE piece of history they over-ruled their GM

Edited by MAJBobby

if there is disagreement how did this come out?

Who does Pegulas want and why doesn't Whaley like him?

Rumor is that Doug Whaley leaks things all the time. Makes sense in this scenario as well, since the Pegulas would not leak it but a frustrated (justifiably) Whaley might.

OO Know Pat Quit because he didn't get what he wants. Hmmm he has Quit before too.

So he looked for a GM, picked one, the GM got the power and he cried and ran back to the league office. Hmmmm he has a history of that.

That's not really what happened, but you can believe that.

I think it's obvious that despite what the Pegulas and Whaley have said in the last week, there's far more intrigue inside OBD to think that this is a simple coaching search, where Whaley is in charge and that Pegulas will rubber stamp the final guy.

As I've said, they've been far more involved in the HC hiring process from the start, and these little rumors that are flying around don't suggest that the process is going smoothly.

Rumor is that Doug Whaley leaks things all the time. Makes sense in this scenario as well, since the Pegulas would not leak it but a frustrated (justifiably) Whaley might.

Leak has to come from high up. Pegs have nothing to really gain with this (they don't care about paying Whaley $ if they fire him). Whaley on the other hand is playing for his nfl career...

And yet again they ultimately sided with their GM to tank

So waiting for ONE piece of history they over-ruled their GM

Oh, he's (Pat L) is nearly impossible to deal with from many accounts. Unless you just fawn over him and do what he says. Then who isn't easy to deal with? I agree there.

But dysfunction is not new to this ownership group. They make huge decisions without seeming to think them through (i.e could there be issues working with this guy, who is a legendary Sabres player but also a headcase?)

Nah! Love him! Do it!

I admire that, to be honest. But it has its downsides.

That's not really what happened, but you can believe that.

I think it's obvious that despite what the Pegulas and Whaley have said in the last week, there's far more intrigue inside OBD to think that this is a simple coaching search, where Whaley is in charge and that Pegulas will rubber stamp the final guy.

As I've said, they've been far more involved in the HC hiring process from the start, and these little rumors that are flying around don't suggest that the process is going smoothly.

Then Educate me. What REALLY happened. oooo what happened when he quit the Islanders ( I believe). But hey lets defend a quitter and frag another (Marrone)

Then Educate me. What REALLY happened. oooo what happened when he quit the Islanders ( I believe). But hey lets defend a quitter and frag another (Marrone)

Where in the world am I defending the quitter?

It wouldn't be shocking if the Bills and Sabres were run differently because they have different ownership. Terry Pegula is the Sabres' sole owner. Kim Pegula is the one from WNY who wanted to buy the Bills

Their track record together is short: one HC hire, and it did not match the top choice of the GM

if there is disagreement how did this come out?

Who does Pegulas want and why doesn't Whaley like him?

I think that this is the $20M question. I am trying to take an open mind in this coaching search. A lot of the names that I had hoped to see, I haven't seen. With that being said Doug Whaley knows 20,000,000,000 x more than me and I trust his judgment. I do not agree necessarily with what these rumors are indicating but I think that he understands the landscape of the league well. I know that the top people in Pittsburgh think the world of him. I trust him to identify a successful NFL HC more than anyone else in that building.

I get where the Pegulas are coming from too. They have a vision and an expectation of where this team will be next year. I'm not at all surprised at the rumors that they lean towards TT being back. He gives the Bills the best chance to win in 2017. At the end of the day, the owner makes the final decision on what happens. It is a little frustrating that the owners and the leader of their football operations department don't see eye-to-eye. Hopefully whatever they decide, regardless of how it sounds now, will be the right decision.

Yup and they can go from crying over your very presence to parting ways with you in an ugly fashion just months later. (Pat L)

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/3/1/5460758/buffalo-sabres-president-pat-lafontaine-resigns-tim-murray-ryan-miller

Anything sound familiar?

Front office dysfunction. Two totally different visions. Tank vs. contend.

Now, Pat L is notoriously a jerk to work with, but still. That's an abrupt change hiring a new team president who is gone months later.

Point being that Whaley is safe. Until he's not. which could be 10 years from now or tomorrow. Terry and Kim are unpredictable.

Not really. Did you read the story? It says LaFontaine hired Murray and Murray started doing GM things like trading players, which apparently LaFontraine was against and quit in a huff. The problem doesn't sound like the Pegulas, but LaFontaine hiring a GM who thought he had GM authority and wasn't a puppet.