NFC Wild Card: Giants at Packers

I'm fine at midfield - or a few yards short.

That leaves their decision close enough to mine that I couldn't be unreasonably upset about it. You've got a hof qb, I'm fine trusting him to get you 6 inches pretty consistently

For me, it completely depends on the scenario. Up 8 points on your own 42. I punt.

I'd agree with that, subject to score & clock.

I'm right there with you.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely disagree.

I said before they stopped him it's a stupid call to go for it. You have all the momentum and your up 8. No need to give the Giants a big opportunity to swing the game. They did, but thankfully the Packers have Aaron Rodgers.

There was nothing "tough" about that decision. It was stupid.

I would not have gone for it either. The point I was making is that it is easy to criticize after the fact. Twitter blew up after the call and many were saying how lucky McCarthy is to have Aaron Rodgers etc. and he bailed him out . . . .

It seems that the worst decision a coach can make is NOT to go for it because, in the minds of those who would have gone for it, they think it would have been successful - but of course, who knows.

Edited by Peter

It is still annoying to think Clay Matthews could have been a Bill in 2009 instead of Aaron Maybin. Of course, several other teams kicking themselves, too, but I think Buffalo hurt themselves the most with that pick.

Yep.

Aaron Rodgers as well if we had not picked Losman.

How much would our recent past have been different if:

We traded up ahead of the Steelers to pick Big Ben or we picked Aaron Rodgers when we had the chance.

Rodgers also has proved that he could play in Buffalo weather obviously.

It is still annoying to think Clay Matthews could have been a Bill in 2009 instead of Aaron Maybin. Of course, several other teams kicking themselves, too, but I think Buffalo hurt themselves the most with that pick.

I would have settled for Orakpo over Maybin.

I would have settled for Orakpo over Maybin.

Sad to say, but I would have settled for pretty much anyone.

I remember hearing that the Bills already had buyer's remorse during OTAs immediately after he was drafted. The guy was a one year wonder who bulked up (somehow) for the combine. He is a much better artist that he was an NFL football player.

Edited by Peter

Got ya.

Well not that you were with me but I was asking my tv before the ball was snapped, "what the !@#$ are they doing?"

I get that. It was more a comment in general and not directed to you or anyone in particular.

So for the last damn year 10 years we could of had Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews as the face of this franchise and instead we got got JP and Maybin.

The millennial Bills are choke artists, those 2 guys are play makers. You want to know what we've lacked since the SB years----play makers---clutch performers---smart football players.

Think OBJ left his catching gloves on the boat.

This. What an !@#$. Im one of the guys that says hey, IDC what they do on their time off as long as they bring in during game time. This mother!@#$er dropped enough balls to cost them the game besides the defense folding in the 2nd half. So disappointed. What an @sshole

Edited by Marty McFly