NFC Wild Card: Giants at Packers

Going for it is a great decision . . . unless you fail to convert.

Same with punting.

These coaches have to make tough decisions. It is easy to beat up on them after the fact if the decision does not turn out well.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely disagree.

I said before they stopped him it's a stupid call to go for it. You have all the momentum and your up 8. No need to give the Giants a big opportunity to swing the game. They did, but thankfully the Packers have Aaron Rodgers.

There was nothing "tough" about that decision. It was stupid.

Agreed on all points.

Good thing AR decided to go into ludicrous mode today.

Completely disagree.

I said before they stopped him it's a stupid call to go for it. You have all the momentum and your up 8. No need to give the Giants a big opportunity to swing the game. They did, but thankfully the Packers have Aaron Rodgers.

There was nothing "tough" about that decision. It was stupid.

I like the decision not the play call.

Situational football. Down by a score in the 4th, sure. Early in the 3rd with the lead and a hotting up Aaron Rodgers? Debatable. Fortunately they answered right back after the Gints TD.

I'll surely take debatable - but I don't think it was absurd, just unconventional. I'd venture the math is pretty close and not ridiculously in favor of the kick

Do you still like it from the 37 yd line? Where's your cutoff? Serious question.

Thats a fair question. I would say about my own 40. Game situation would also be a factor. I have momentum, Im at home. Im going to be aggresive in the playoffs. Whats speedster Brady on 4th and one sneaks, pretty good from my years of watching him, with Rodgers I think I could sneak that for 1st.

Edited by billsfan714

On your own 42, it's a bad decision. On opponents 42, go for it.

I'm fine at midfield - or a few yards short.

That leaves their decision close enough to mine that I couldn't be unreasonably upset about it - regardless of if I say 40 or 45. You've got a hof qb, I'm fine trusting him to get you 6 inches pretty consistently

Edited by NoSaint