AFC playoff: Raiders at Houston

YoloinOhio

They gave up 27 points to the Texans...That's why Carr is so important...He's elite...They went 12-3 with Carr as a starter despite having a bottom 7 Defense...Raiders opponents scored 24 or more points 11 out of their 17 games...The Texans only gave up 24 or more points 5 times...Carr is by far the determining factor in that teams success...They aren't mopping the floor with anyone unless they get elite QB play... B-)

I like Carr, but a decent QB could have beaten the Texans today, they didn't need the MVP of the league to have won that game.

To point at this game, and say "See, they suck without Carr" based on how they played in a road playoff game, with a 3rd string rookie making his first start and without their All-Pro LT, is a bit skewed.

Any team would suck in that situation. There isn't even a precedent for this situation. NO team has ever had to start a less prepared QB in a playoff game.

I think Brady is more valuable, I think Matt Ryan is more valuable, I think Aaron Rodgers is more valuable.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one cares. They can't see past what's happening on the screen. The odds were stacked high against him, but if people don't see a miracle, they think a guy sucks. Just the fact that Del Rio played him at all should tell you that they think he has lots of potential.

As Gruden said, the 3rd string QB gets NO reps during the season, so any chemistry and timing had to be developed in a week of practice. The drops when he did make nice throws were bad.

I hoped Cook would do better, but I haven't changed my mind about him as a prospect.

His stock has risen in my eyes broski. With all conditions considered That was impressive the moment wasnt too big for him. He didn't let it get him too down or anything just kept slinging that rock!

Edited by Marty McFly

His stock has risen in my eyes broski. With all conditions considered That was impressive the moment wasnt too big for him. He didn't let it get him too down or anything just kept slinging that rock!

Things didn't go well, but he didn't crumble. It could have gone waaay worse. There wasn't a string of disasters, ala EJM in London.

Give Cook a complete training camp, and he will do pretty well. I implore the Bills to go get him in the offseason.

Things didn't go well, but he didn't crumble. It could have gone waaay worse. There wasn't a string of disasters, ala EJM in London.

Give Cook a complete training camp, and he will do pretty well. I implore the Bills to go get him in the offseason.

Exactly EJM would have melted down.

That would be interesting to say the least i think he could outplay cardale. After the moxy he showed tonite OAK wont auction him off just yet.

Edited by Marty McFly

Exactly EJM would have melted down.

That would be interesting to say the least i think he could outplay cardale. After the moxy he showed tonite OAK wont auction him off just yet.

I think he is way more polished than Cardale (who may develop). I doubt the Raiders would sell right now, but I believe they are hoping to use him as trade bait eventually.

The concerns about Cook seemed to mainly be about his personality (and his idiot father's). I didn't hear anything negative through the season, so hopefully he has matured, found some humility, and is learning a bit about how to interact with professionals.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I think he is way more polished than Cardale (who may develop). I doubt the Raiders would sell right now, but I believe they are hoping to use him as trade bait eventually.

The concerns about Cook seemed to mainly be about his personality (and his idiot father's). I didn't hear anything negative through the season, so hopefully he has matured, found some humility, and is learning a bit about how to interact with professionals.

Yep. He's learning and Carr is a great QB to learn from. Hope he gets the back up job next season. Felt bad for McGloin poor fuy spends all season preparing for his moment and taken out by injury

Funny how much slack Bills fans are willing to give crappy QB play on other teams like Connor Cook today. They guy is nothing special, he is what he is. A backup QB. If Cook was on the Bills you'd all want to run him out of town after that game. Just because we don't have an elite QB doesn't mean every other crappy QB is good.

Funny how much slack Bills fans are willing to give crappy QB play on other teams like Connor Cook today. They guy is nothing special, he is what he is. A backup QB. If Cook was on the Bills you'd all want to run him out of town after that game. Just because we don't have an elite QB doesn't mean every other crappy QB is good.

"He is what he is"...

yeah, it's highly unlikely he will ever perform better than his first game as a pro, against the best defense in the NFL, on the road for a playoff game, after jumping up from the 3rd string, with no reps all year, and a week to prepare.

I wouldn't want to run any rookie out of town if he was thrown into a fire like that, and no NFL team would either.

What can I say, only time will tell.

Edited by HoF Watkins

If the Bills were built for a playoff run in 2017 (which they're not), I would take Tyrod

If the Bills accept yet another rebuilding season (which they are) and are looking to develop a longer term QB, I would take Cook

If the Bills were built for a playoff run in 2017 (which they're not), I would take Tyrod

If the Bills accept yet another rebuilding season (which they are) and are looking to develop a longer term QB, I would take Cook

What has Cook done that would make you think he'll ever even be somewhat decent? He could be, but I still laugh how Bills fans love every crap QB that isn't our own.

"He is what he is"...

yeah, it's highly unlikely he will ever perform better than his first game as a pro, against the best defense in the NFL, on the road for a playoff game, after jumping up from the 3rd string, with no reps all year, and a week to prepare.

I wouldn't want to run any rookie out of town if he was thrown into a fire like that, and no NFL team would either.

What can I say, only time will tell.

I probably shouldn't have said "he what he is" but if this guy played for us you would all be saying how crappy he looked today. None of you would be talking about his "potential". Mark my words that Cook will never be more than a backup in the NFL. I'll eat crow if it happens, you can hold me to it.

What has Cook done that would make you think he'll ever even be somewhat decent? He could be, but I still laugh how Bills fans love every crap QB that isn't our own.

I probably shouldn't have said "he what he is" but if this guy played for us you would all be saying how crappy he looked today. None of you would be talking about his "potential". Mark my words that Cook will never be more than a backup in the NFL. I'll eat crow if it happens, you can hold me to it.

I have been on the Cook train since the draft. I watched all his footage, and I'm convinced that he will be at least a decent NFL QB, better than anyone the Bills have had since Kelly.

Cook is all about timing. He hasn't had any chance to work on that with the Raiders WR's. He has a smoothness that I don't see from many guys. Watch this video. He is confident, and willing to thread the needle. When he knows where the receivers will be, he can get it there, in rhythm. Great pump fakes, takes hits to make a throw, looks off DB's, gets through progressions....

I don't pine for "any QB but the one we have", but for Cook specifically, especially because he could have been had for a 3rd round pick. The Bills haven't had many opportunities to draft a good QB, and it pains me that they passed on Cook.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I have been on the Cook train since the draft. I watched all his footage, and I'm convinced that he will be at least a decent NFL QB, better than anyone the Bills have had since Kelly.

Cook is all about timing. He hasn't had any chance to work on that with the Raiders WR's. He has a smoothness that I don't see from many guys. Watch this video. He is confident, and willing to thread the needle. When he knows where the receivers will be, he can get it there, in rhythm. Great pump fakes, takes hits to make a throw, looks off DB's, gets through progressions....

I don't pine for "any QB but the one we have", but for Cook specifically, especially because he could have been had for a 3rd round pick. The Bills haven't had many opportunities to draft a good QB, and it pains me that they passed on Cook.

Fair enough. I guess we'll see how he pans out. I just feel quite the opposite about Cook. He looked horrible in the CFB playoff against Alabama, and there are too many questions about his character. He is a grade A dbag which many QBs are, but he's not even remotely liked by teammates according to reports.