Get over it

1billsfan

In free agency sometimes you have to let older players walk and replace them with their understudies. Ron Edwards will be our starting DT next season replacing not so good ol' Pat Williams. He simply priced himself out of the Bills range. Another team will spend 4 million a year for him because some teams are desparate for defensive line help. PW said he'd give the Bills a hometeam discount (a la the Patriot players), this is turning out to be a false statement. But maybe Ron Edwards is a better player than Pat. Pat never really was able to get good pressure on a QB. We do know that Ron has shown very good pass rushing ability. There are simply too many young talented players on this team to give Pat such an enormous raise. Players that eventually will want to get paid. So I predict that PW is no longer going to be a Buffalo Bill. I'm over it and I'm looking foward to seeing what kind of player Edwards will be as the starting DT.

In free agency sometimes you have to let older players walk and replace them with their understudies. Ron Edwards will be our starting DT next season replacing not so good ol' Pat Williams. He simply priced himself out of the Bills range. Another team will spend 4 million a year for him because some teams are desparate for defensive line help. PW said he'd give the Bills a hometeam discount (a la the Patriot players), this is turning out to be a false statement. But maybe Ron Edwards is a better player than Pat. Pat never really was able to get good pressure on a QB. We do know that Ron has shown very good pass rushing ability. There are simply too many young talented players on this team to give Pat such an enormous raise. Players that eventually will want to get paid. So I predict that PW is no longer going to be a Buffalo Bill. I'm over it and I'm looking foward to seeing what kind of player Edwards will be as the starting DT.

254980[/snapback]

I think we are too close to take a risk on Edwards. Sam + Pat works, if anything add a proven upgrade to Pat, but dont take a risk and let teams start to run on us.

254980[/snapback]

You acknowledge other PW threads, but choose to start your own anyways? Didn't you get the memo on the new TSW. LAMP posts are out! :o

I think we are too close to take a risk on Edwards. Sam + Pat works, if anything add a proven upgrade to Pat, but dont take a risk and let teams start to run on us.

254984[/snapback]

Too close? I hate to break it to you but we're going to be taking a step (or two) back with starting Losman next season. Personally I'm more comfortable with letting Edwards take the reigns for Williams then Losman for Bledsoe. I know everyone's going to chime the defense is great, Willis will be the show etc but let's remember that as bad as Bledsoe was at times he still commanded some respect from the opisition and until JP can prove he can put points on the board with his arm/legs expect a lot of 8 man fronts and focus by opposing defenses stopping McGahee, which might cause many 3rd and 6s and 7s which most young QBs will struggle with.

254984[/snapback]

What's more risky? Paying 6 million dollars on 2 aging DTs (Sam plus your FA replacement for PW), or going with a very cap friendly Ron Edwards who has shown substantial improvement last season? If you put all your eggs in one basket then eventually you lose out on real players like McGahee, Evans and possibly Losman because you're still paying a 38 year old PW's signing bonus in the year 2009. You can't keep everybody, Pat Williams is the textbook example of a guy you let walk.

What's more risky? Paying 6 million dollars on 2 aging DTs (Sam plus your FA replacement for PW), or going with a very cap friendly Ron Edwards who has shown substantial improvement last season? If you put all your eggs in one basket then eventually you lose out on real players like McGahee, Evans and possibly Losman because you're still paying a 38 year old PW's signing bonus in the year 2009. You can't keep everybody, Pat Williams is the textbook example of a guy you let walk.

254992[/snapback]

I like letting him walk but if we are taking risks Id rather get a guy with much more upside like Chris Hovan at the league minimum or say 1.5 mill per.

I like letting him walk but if we are taking risks Id rather get a guy with much more upside like Chris Hovan at the league minimum or say 1.5 mill per.

254997[/snapback]

That's crazy talk. Edwards had 4 sacks last season and is huge compared to Hovan (320 to 296 pounds). Hovan had 1.5 sacks and was a washout with the leagues worst defense. Seriously, I don't get how Hovan is better than Edwards.

That's crazy talk. Edwards had 4 sacks and is huge compared to Hovan (320 to 296 pounds). Hovan had 1.5 sacks and was a washout with the leagues worst defense. Seriously, I don't get how Hovan is better than Edwards.

255018[/snapback]

Edwards had 2 sacks in one game. Hovan had 3 years of 4-6 sacks and then a recent drop off. I think he needs a change of scenery. What would Spikes do on the leagues worst D?

Edwards had 2 sacks in one game. Hovan had 3 years of 4-6 sacks and then a recent drop off. I think he needs a change of scenery. What would Spikes do on the leagues worst D?

255022[/snapback]

I hope his change of scenery is to an AFC East team other than the Buffalo Bills. I think he just plain stinks.

Yep, comes a time when you have to make the tough choice.

255049[/snapback]

They would spend 3 first rounders on Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren.

Hovan is a first rounder, sounds like a fit.

Dont try to repeat the Pats they are an enigma that will never be repeated.

We are different from them in almost every single way.

They would spend 3 first rounders on Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren.

Hovan is a first rounder, sounds like a fit.

Dont try to repeat the Pats they are an enigma that will never be repeated.

We are different from them in almost every single way.

255054[/snapback]

Hovan is a bust. Where have you gotten this idea that he's a better player than Edwards? The Vikings can keep their slow fat white boy and his measly 1.5 sack total thank you very much.