Chargers 5th team to request interview with Anthony Lynn

YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand where all of this Lynn love is coming from.

it is because he supposedly came from Bill Parcells coaching tree. He was there one year (2005-2006).

Has anyone looked for some NFL personnel on LinkedIn? I found a few when looking at resume of coworker who played for NY Jest for short period.

Lynn is a great running back coach and a ground and pound offensive guy. He also has special teams experience. He's professional, and well liked by coaches and players. He's been coaching professional football for 16 years. He has experience as an assistant HC, and (as of this year) OC (nobody really cares about the "HC" experience he got this year it doesn't count and its good for him it doesn't count).

He should be called. But this many calls is stunning. The answer is obvious...people credit Lynn as the only good thing Buffalo had going. They're probably right.

Bottom line is if you don't have a QB he's decent option. He'll be cheap and he'll be subordinate to F.O. personnel (likely forever).

Edited by dayman

It's perfectly understandable. He has spent 16 years as a coach, under several high-profile HCs who have all given him solid recommendations, and has established the kinds of relationships that lead to this opportunity. Not hard to understand at all really.

Maybe we should interview Jimbo

Good God, no.

Is that why the Bills interviewed the Irish guy?

LOL! The token Irish interview!

It's perfectly understandable. He has spent 16 years as a coach, under several high-profile HCs who have all given him solid recommendations, and has established the kinds of relationships that lead to this opportunity. Not hard to understand at all really.

Good God, no.

LOL! The token Irish interview!

just kidding, but might as well with the candidates we are lining up. Although Whaley would fear for his job so he probably wouldn't bring him in any way :D

is it not correct that these teams are already interviewing other minority candidates in addition to Lynn? Just sayin.

I think they're all interviewing Harold Goodwin or Vance Joseph or both as well as Lynn.

He did get 3 HC interviews last year, so with being able to take the OC on mid-season and do well with the Bills offense I guess he's improved his "coaching charisma".

Not really any objective criteria. He has no head coaching experience at all- at any level. He's only been an OL for part of one season. He speaks with authority and makes an impression when he inters the room, so he's going to be a good one. lol.

Edited by vincec

I hope they didn't do it at a bar.

Back in the day, I spent many a night with my Irish and other Buffalo friends at places like Coulter Bay, the PM (I am dating myself), Brunners, No Names, Coles . . . . There was some drinking . . . and what some might politely call interviewing . . . .