Panic time here in Dallas

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was hoping for a snow day since she is still suffering from jet lag.

The school system here closes for a dusting every since they got this superintendent from Texas whose goal was to replace all of the non-teachers with contractors to save money. Fortunately he got another offer before he could complete his plans and went somewhere else. Of course this means another fee to a consulting company and they wonder why they are broke.

Lake effect snow in Dallas :lol:

A good number of TSW have spent some time along the Great Lakes and know what LES really is

"Ice Force 1 is in effect." What the !@#$, really?

I used to have a friend that had a house by a pond, who insisted every time it got cold it was "lake effect." Uh...no.

Trying to get home, got to Atlanta only to have our flight cancelled after sitting on the plane for 4 hours waiting to be de-iced, because the crew reached their maximum number of working hours. (Only the second longest I've been sitting on the tarmac, longest was 6 hours, but that plane still took off)

Lake effect snow in Dallas :lol:

A good number of TSW have spent some time along the Great Lakes and know what LES really is

And what lakes are. Every thing is big in Texas especially bull crap but not lakes or IMO common sense or manners.

Ok, I have to ask why condoms?

My favorite use of condoms in winter is fishing. Put some sodium in condom, toss in water and when water enters fish blown out of water.

"Ice Force 1 is in effect." What the !@#$, really?

I used to have a friend that had a house by a pond, who insisted every time it got cold it was "lake effect." Uh...no.

No longer a friend because you told friend "You're an idiot" too many times?

Babies... Lazy, work @ it... Plan...

Quit your bellyaching South... Temps haven't been above 10 in days and this (below) from a city that "works"... Even if that definition of "work" means 2 murders a day... ;);)

Today's morning pix and boats still moving... It is only January 7th! The southern deckshands are all besides themselves. Cold tolerance is acquired. It takes a hard work ethic with practice. Nobody is entitled to good weather all the time. Deal with it. Adapt and overcome... Until those first signs of frostbite set in. That's why Baby Jesus gave us 5 fingers and toes, 2 eyes, arms, & legs... But only one pecker (go figure)... Okay, except for those freaks in Yellowhammerville (cue the banjo music)... They get a little more or less to play around with.

0:)

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/NIC2/IceImages/viewimage.cfm?filename=obrienup.jpg&lockname=O'Brien (Upper)

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/NIC2/IceImages/viewimage.cfm?filename=obrienlow.jpg&lockname=O'Brien (Lower)

It is comical watching people get all bundled up. Like half their work day is getting suited up! The more you fight it, the more it fights you. :doh::doh:

Just in from shovelling the driveway...a good six inches or so here, was great to be out in it.

This is a pretty funny article about how a typical southern city deals with some snow.

http://www.richmond.com/weather/article_eb228eef-3688-5e4b-8184-446d212eab5b.html

:lol::lol:

God giveth, God taketh! And "nothing" (if you want to call all that wasted energy) gets done in between.

We're in Virginia, so we have peanuts.

Richmond is in full freak mode. 8" downtown, and more if you go E towards Williamsburg & Norfolk. It will be all gone by Tuesday/Wednesday.

I measured my back yard a little while ago and just under 6" in Suffolk, but it's still snowing pretty good

We're in Virginia, so we have peanuts.

Richmond is in full freak mode. 8" downtown, and more if you go E towards Williamsburg & Norfolk. It will be all gone by Tuesday/Wednesday.

a really hot friend of mine in Richmond is laughing. She's from Canada and is entirely confused. Also, pissed because her snow gear isn't here