Panic time here in Dallas

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Northern Virginia as well with closing of activities with forecast of a mere dusting.

Imagine Revolutionary War plans cancelled because there was potential ice in river as Washington crossed the Delaware.

It is part of the wimping of the country with large populations moving south to areas barely livable before air conditioning.

Atlanta. 2-4 inches possible.

DOOMED!

I stopped at Publix earlier, couldn't get a parking spot, then they were out of carts. Lines were ridiculous! I had just left the tennis courts! Didn't understand the panic!

It's my fault, I make a basketball pilgrimage/drive to Cincinnati every year and have been slammed so often, this year I made plane to fly out early tomorrow knowing a strom would come.... You're welcome!

Edited by Augie

In Northern Virginia as well with closing of activities with forecast of a mere dusting.

Imagine Revolutionary War plans cancelled because there was potential ice in river as Washington crossed the Delaware.

It is part of the wimping of the country with large populations moving south to areas barely livable before air conditioning.

I can excuse some of the panic in the DC area. You've got people from all over the world here, many from places that have never seen snow. I think it's a bit much to expect a Bangladeshi diplomat to not go a little bit nuts the first time he sees snow.

Doesn't make it any less funny, though. And I'll confess, I left work early today to avoid not the weather so much as the idiots driving in it. People at work were snickering at me..."I thought you could drive in snow!" "I can. But I can't drive in stupid."

I can excuse some of the panic in the DC area. You've got people from all over the world here, many from places that have never seen snow. I think it's a bit much to expect a Bangladeshi diplomat to not go a little bit nuts the first time he sees snow.

Doesn't make it any less funny, though. And I'll confess, I left work early today to avoid not the weather so much as the idiots driving in it. People at work were snickering at me..."I thought you could drive in snow!" "I can. But I can't drive in stupid."

Of course, beware of the Diplomatic license plates. The equivalent of "I'm an irresponsible idiot."