Follow the 2013 Draft Blueprint

Isn't the 2013 draft the one we're about to have nobody left on our roster from? Seems like a poor choice to use as a blueprint.

And the same guy is making the picks. But he did say we're close on Tuesday so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Isn't the 2013 draft the one we're about to have nobody left on our roster from? Seems like a poor choice to use as a blueprint.

2013 1 1 16 16 E.J. Manuel QB Florida State 2 2 9 41 Robert Woods WR USC 3 2 14 46 Kiko Alonso LB Oregon 4 3 16 78 Marquise Goodwin WR Texas 5 4 8 105 Duke Williams DB Nevada 6 5 10 143 Jonathan Meeks DB Clemson 7 6 9 177 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State 8 7 16 222 Chris Gragg TE Arkansas

and the one's we don't have are currently in the NFL with other teams. Not a bad draft in the least.

Edited by The Jokeman

Ridiculous statement. Absurd.

I'm not sure it's absurd. Matt Miller has him as the last pick in the draft in his latest 7 round mock. There is a good chance that he goes undrafted.

Just saw two highlights of Mahomes, very mobile and strong arm. Taller. Why not take him? What do we have to lose?

FWIW, he is Bandit's favorite QB and I think Blokes likes him too. They are paying as close attention to these guys as anyone here.

2013 1 1 16 16 E.J. Manuel QB Florida State 2 2 9 41 Robert Woods WR USC 3 2 14 46 Kiko Alonso LB Oregon 4 3 16 78 Marquise Goodwin WR Texas 5 4 8 105 Duke Williams DB Nevada 6 5 10 143 Jonathan Meeks DB Clemson 7 6 9 177 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State 8 7 16 222 Chris Gragg TE Arkansas

and the one's we don't have are currently in the NFL with other teams. Not a bad draft in the least.

All four of those players are UFA this offseason, hence the 'about' in my original statement. It's really not a good draft class.

All four of those players are UFA this offseason, hence the 'about' in my original statement. It's really not a good draft class.

That's flawed logic. I'm saying use the same strategy, it has nothing to do with whether the picks were busts or not. Using your logic if we pick number 1 in draft one year and the player is a bust, we should never draft number 1 again.

That's flawed logic. I'm saying use the same strategy, it has nothing to do with whether the picks were busts or not. Using your logic if we pick number 1 in draft one year and the player is a bust, we should never draft number 1 again.

I think it's flawed logic to assume Baker or Mahomes will be there in the 2nd. I guess we'll see.

Not really a huge fan of the top end talent in this draft but I do think there is a lot of good depth especially with DBs. If there is a trade down possibility I would definitely take it, we could use the extra picks with all of the free agents we currently have.

I think Mahomes has an incredible arm and good mobility. He made some absolutely jaw dropping passes this past year. His footwork is a mess but with a good coach it could be fixed. I have a feeling he will be a first round pick come draft time.

While they're at it, maybe they could fix the footwork of EJ.