ALynn being interviewed today...

eball

Lynn being interviewed in Boca per Ian Rapaport. I guess Pegs hasn't left it solely up to Whaley.

Geez, how did the Boca/Yacht/red wine...interviews work out last time around? Stay home and do a proper job at this interviewing thing.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lynn can get some decent coordinators this could be a good hire. I generally dislike the idea of a HC/coordinator. Who would be the OC next year? Kromer? Steelers RB coach? Who is the DC? Bradley, Pepper Johnson?

I'd be good with Kromer to OC and Bradley to DC.

Oh hell, if the yacht in Boca is available why not go?

Russ has it bugged obviously and is planning on this.- VIC CARUCCI reports

If he gets hired I predict people on this board will either be furious or elated, with no one in between.

I won't be furious or elated with any hire, particularly if it's a coordinator. People on this board act like you simply have to look at where a particular coordinator's D or O ranked and the higher the ranking, the better the hire.

Nobody has a clue how good a HC any of these guys will be and I'll be willing to give all of them a chance.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Lynn. For all the complaining that people are doing about Frank Reich being a candidate, his body of work (multiple years as OC, QB coach to Manning and Rivers) is significantly stronger than Lynn's. Lynn might be great, but IMO he needs more experience as a coordinator before he should be considered for the HC spot. The only reason I'd pick Lynn over other candidates is if they are seeing something we aren't in terms of his leadership, or if they want continuity on offense.

The league is littered with go-to coordinators who screwed the pooch as hc's. you could argue we just fired one. I was listening to all short list of names a week or two ago, and invariably, they come from teams with above average qb play. I think you can argue that A. Lynn's performance, in the context of how his year played out, showed the type of leadership qualities you would want in a head coach. Obviously, you can go the other way and point to his lack of experience over the long haul.

I don't see a lot of sense in handwringing once the decision is made. Whomever it is, nothing else matters until they get back in the playoffs.

I won't be furious or elated with any hire, particularly if it's a coordinator. People on this board act like you simply have to look at where a particular coordinator's D or O ranked and the higher the ranking, the better the hire.

Nobody has a clue how good a HC any of these guys will be and I'll be willing to give all of them a chance.

That's so true and the only real way to look at it. No one knows how these guys are going to work out, whether it's for the Bills or any other team. A couple years ago here I did some research which showed that there was not one GM who had made two consecutive good HC hires. The Steelers as a team I think were the only ones but IIRC it wasn't the same guy.

They really don't. I think the Ravens hired John Harbaugh directly from a Special Teams position. It's a crap shoot....and whatever coordinators they get matters a lot. The GM is responsible for getting good players. The coach had better be prepared, detail oriented, good motivator, has respect from players and league circles. Sometimes a "players" coach works well...sometimes a disciplinarian works well. Maybe Anthony Lynn is better suited for this club than Frank Reich. I have no idea. Just hope Whaley and Pegs get it right.

I'm not as enthused about him as I was prior to the last game of the season. I expected better performance. Not a win, but a decent looking, respectable loss. The press conference wasn't inspiring either only being slightly less disasterous than Whaley's.

I'm disappointed that the interviews are once again taking place in Florida. That tells me that it's not Doug Whaley's choice. If they want an authentic process - bring them all to Buffalo, not Aspen, not Boca and have Doug do his job. Being even somewhat truthful about the process would help too.

Second rounders can go see whoever is playing "owner" that day. Sometimes it's Kim. Sometimes it's Terry. Nobody's sure.

What are the chances Vic gets this right?

@viccarucci

Won't be a shock if the #Bills end HC "search" today after interviewing Anthony Lynn.

Guess there are no more 2nd thoughts? :lol:

Haha....what happened to Vic? He was never the greatest, but man has he slid in the last year or so. Everyday its a completely new story with no mention or explanation for the last. Bottles the mind.

@tydunne

Fwiw, there are several #Bills players hoping that Anthony Lynn sticks as their permanent head coach.

They stated publically that they liked Rex too while he was here. Just sayin. How smart would it be for a player to say they hope for someone else and Lynn gets the job.

But he was out-coached by Todd Bowles!

Just kidding..I said going in that AL could not be judged in that game simply because EJ was anointed the starter. Still, it was concerning that the guys didn't really show up...McCoy and Watkins both got injured under his watch. I was looking for some sign that AL would lead us to the promised land someday, then Gillislee topped off a bad day all around with the most brain-dead play I've ever witnessed from an NFL player.

I expect a Bills notification this evening that Lynn has been named head coach.

The list of candidates out there is less promising than the 2013 QB class.

Even if the Bills make him an offer today I expect he will look at any and all other options before making a decision.

Even if the Bills make him an offer today I expect he will look at any and all other options before making a decision.

I disagree. ALynn said Buffalo is where he wants to be -- if the Bills make him an offer today and he doesn't accept, he's not going to be the next permanent HC here.