ALynn being interviewed today...

eball

The big question -- did they fly ALynn down to Pegs' boat in Boca, or are they making him stay in Buffalo and conducting the interview on FaceTime?

The jets still in Florida. Unless Lynn flew down commercial or Pegs isn't participating.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets hired I predict people on this board will either be furious or elated, with no one in between.

No matter the hire it is going to be hard to move my needle. All of the names mentioned don't really get me excited conversely none of the names give me the "we're doomed to failure" that the Dick Jauron hire gave me.

Lynn being interviewed in Boca per Ian Rapaport. I guess Pegs hasn't left it solely up to Whaley.

It's already been reported that Whaley, Jim Monos, and both Pegulas, will sit in on all interviews. Whaley sets them up and leads them. Where would you be more comfortable in early January.

Whaley: "hey remember that time you coached and got smoked by the Jets?"

Lynn: "Remember that time you hung me out to dry in front of those reporters?"

We really don't have any other options. Nobody wants to coach this team and Lynn won't have any other offers. It's a match made in heaven. I just think it's going to be a pretty awkward meeting. Also, if Whaley is in charge then why are they meeting in Boca with the Pegulas? If Lynn brings Gus Bradley in I think that's the best we can hope for at this point. Keep Tyrod and build on the successes of last season and fix that defense!

Oh hell, if the yacht in Boca is available why not go?

I wonder if they are going to pepper him with questions about whether he knew Rex was going to be fired and if he was in the room when the Tyrod decision was made. Otherwise the dysfunctional Bills are really dropping the ball on this one and will look bad nationally.

Funny. But kidding aside, I wonder if either of the two press conferences (Lynn's and Whaley's) will be discussed. Perhaps they will all have a good laugh, or perhaps it will be very awkward.

Funny. But kidding aside, I wonder if either of the two press conferences (Lynn's and Whaley's) will be discussed. Perhaps they will all have a good laugh, or perhaps it will be very awkward.

Lynn knows better than any candidate what the structure of the Bills is and how much, if at all, Terry and Kim or Russ meddle. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I just don't enough about Lynn to have any strong opinion.

Obviously, his credentials are a little weak. Less than a full season as an OC. There's nothing in his resume that screams NEXT HEAD COACH.

Then again, he may be the next Vince Lombardi. I know nothing about his leadership skills, his knowledge of X's and O's, his ability to manage an effective off-season, and so on. The Bills brass have had an opportunity to get to know him the past couple years. Maybe they see things in him we just can't. And maybe - just maybe - they're right.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Lynn. For all the complaining that people are doing about Frank Reich being a candidate, his body of work (multiple years as OC, QB coach to Manning and Rivers) is significantly stronger than Lynn's. Lynn might be great, but IMO he needs more experience as a coordinator before he should be considered for the HC spot. The only reason I'd pick Lynn over other candidates is if they are seeing something we aren't in terms of his leadership, or if they want continuity on offense.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Lynn. For all the complaining that people are doing about Frank Reich being a candidate, his body of work (multiple years as OC, QB coach to Manning and Rivers) is significantly stronger than Lynn's. Lynn might be great, but IMO he needs more experience as a coordinator before he should be considered for the HC spot. The only reason I'd pick Lynn over other candidates is if they are seeing something we aren't in terms of his leadership, or if they want continuity on offense.

The problem with Reich is that, no matter how qualified, the instant backlash will be that he is nothing more than a PR hire.

So true KTFABD. So true.

I wonder if they are going to pepper him with questions about whether he knew Rex was going to be fired and if he was in the room when the Tyrod decision was made. Otherwise the dysfunctional Bills are really dropping the ball on this one and will look bad nationally.

What are the chances Vic gets this right?

@viccarucci

Won't be a shock if the #Bills end HC "search" today after interviewing Anthony Lynn.

Guess there are no more 2nd thoughts? :lol:

Note the "quotes" around the word "search." That suggests Carucci believes the Bills search really isn't one.

Interviewed in Boca? This organization is a laughingstock! How could Whaley possibly set up and conduct an interview when other people are present?! I bet you they force him to call John Wawrow and say he was in the room when they decided to bench Tyrod.