ALynn being interviewed today...

eball

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news: he brought Terry some red wine.

Bad news: it was in a box. :oops:

After all, he's not super committed to the gig.

HA! I was going to make a snarky post about "but did he bring the right wine", you beat me to it!

It's like draft time, listen to everything, believe nothing.....wait and see what happens.

Pretty much. Coughlin is the "A list guy" but he's only been interviewed with the Jags. The guys the Bills are interviewing are "nobodies" but most of the teams seem to be interviewing them. Marrone is going to Denver.

If he gets hired I predict people on this board will either be furious or elated, with no one in between.

Well, that's how we roll in these parts. :lol:

Sage advice!

At one point, the media was saying Coughlin was the guy. Now they're saying he's not even interested and won't interview.

Hard to believe the media got it wrong... again.

Whaley: "hey remember that time you coached and got smoked by the Jets?"

Lynn: "Remember that time you hung me out to dry in front of those reporters?"

We really don't have any other options. Nobody wants to coach this team and Lynn won't have any other offers. It's a match made in heaven. I just think it's going to be a pretty awkward meeting. Also, if Whaley is in charge then why are they meeting in Boca with the Pegulas? If Lynn brings Gus Bradley in I think that's the best we can hope for at this point. Keep Tyrod and build on the successes of last season and fix that defense!

I just don't enough about Lynn to have any strong opinion.

Obviously, his credentials are a little weak. Less than a full season as an OC. There's nothing in his resume that screams NEXT HEAD COACH.

Then again, he may be the next Vince Lombardi. I know nothing about his leadership skills, his knowledge of X's and O's, his ability to manage an effective off-season, and so on. The Bills brass have had an opportunity to get to know him the past couple years. Maybe they see things in him we just can't. And maybe - just maybe - they're right.

Edited by hondo in seattle