Chip Kelly anyone?

QB Bills

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Philly, he took over a 4-12 team and went 10-6 two years in a row. Then went 6-9 in his last year and got booted.

He's not liked among 'old football' and as such the narrative is created that he's been figured out. It's nonsense. His defense is what did him in with the Eagles. The numbers show it. His QBs there? Vick, Foles, Sanchez, Bradford.

As I said before, he's a classic buy-low candidate right now. Probably the only time he'd even consider Buffalo. He's a good offensive mind. A smarter team than us will hire him.

Chip Kelly to run the offense, and Wade or Schwartz for the defense. They can flip a coin for the head coach title for all I care.

Edited by QB Bills

Im pretty sure he would want to start EJ and puts ranch on his chicken wings

Ranch on his chicken wings.....well played.

I'm sure Shady would give him a rousing :thumbsup: if they asked his opinion.

If the Bills media asked Shady about Chip coming to Buffalo...it would be an improvement for the media!

And, hilarious.

And, the media is so bad Shady wouldn't even think they were messing with him.

Edited by Manther

I think that's the main reason he gets dumped on. Getting rid of Shady then picking up Murray was moronic. Shady would have been perfect in that scheme.

He should have never taken on GM responsibilities in Philly, me might still be there if he hadn't ruined their roster.

We can't bring him here but I don't think he's as bad as others say.

1600 yds rushing and 9 TDs in Kelly's 1st year...brilliant move trading him

In Philly, he took over a 4-12 team and went 10-6 two years in a row. Then went 6-9 in his last year and got booted.

He's not liked among 'old football' and as such the narrative is created that he's been figured out. It's nonsense. His defense is what did him in with the Eagles. The numbers show it. His QBs there? Vick, Foles, Sanchez, Bradford.

As I said before, he's a classic buy-low candidate right now. Probably the only time he'd even consider Buffalo. He's a good offensive mind. A smarter team than us will hire him.

Chip Kelly to run the offense, and Wade or Schwartz for the defense. They can flip a coin for the head coach title for all I care.

A 4-12 team that had plenty of talent. Andy Reid was burned out there but he left a pretty good roster in place and Kelly rode that roster to a 10-6 season and then started pulling it apart. And then people who say "the defense did him in"..... no his lack of willingness to slow the pace on offense did his defense in. That was a talented D but they were on the field more than any other in the league because Eagles offensive drives were frequently over in 30 seconds or 50 seconds or 60 seconds. When you talk about Chip's scheme you can't disconnect the two.

And then there is his people management skill.... which is non-existent. I wouldn't have hired him when we interviewed him in 2013 (and said as much) and I wouldn't hire him now. He is a college coach and that is what he should go back to. Goodbye Chip. The NFL has no need of you.

Why is he a good offensive mind? What is so special about his offense? I just don't see it....he runs a hurry up offense....big deal

Actually ...

You're going to call me crazy.

If we have a defensive HC, Chip would be a good pick for OC. I have no idea if he would want to be OC, but he designs offenses well.

Tyrod is the closest thing to Mariota/Kaep in his prime that Chip would get. Shady had one of his best years with Chip.

It will not work, for a number of reasons but I am not a Chip guy (like buffalo barbarian was at one time IIRC) and I think that he is the best outside OC pick I've seen bandied about for us.

Why is he a good offensive mind? What is so special about his offense? I just don't see it....he runs a hurry up offense....big deal

To be fair, I watched a number of games living in the area. He knew how to draw up run plays and knew how to maximize a limited QB in Foles. His play calling wasn't bad.

His overall coaching...meh. his personnel skills as a GM? HORRIBLE. But his scheme had some good stuff.

To be fair, I watched a number of games living in the area. He knew how to draw up run plays and knew how to maximize a limited QB in Foles. His play calling wasn't bad.

His overall coaching...meh. his personnel skills as a GM? HORRIBLE. But his scheme had some good stuff.

I'm near Philly also and watched many games when not watching the Bills...he did some good things but any decent coach could do well with McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Maclin.....He had a lot of talent to work with. Plus a hurry up no-huddle offense needs a good O-line but he runs it regardless of his personnel

Edited by nucci