The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

(I believe it was Paul who first made that case here when I was still just lurking).

For the newbs, Paul was a frequent contributor here who had a lot of insight into the deliberations that were going on and a lot of inside the tent discussions.

Sadly he had a personal tragedy that totally sapped his will, and in the end he couldn't overcome the grief, despite all the help that Tom and KRC tried to provide. In one of his deepest moments, he asked SDS that all his posts be deleted, which destroyed great insights & conversations.

So, you, GG (not the neocons) do not believe that the US is capable of executing a regime change in a ME country.

Then we agree. :beer:

That has to be the most retarded interpretation of what I wrote

For the newbs, Paul was a frequent contributor here who had a lot of insight into the deliberations that were going on and a lot of inside the tent discussions.

Sadly he had a personal tragedy that totally sapped his will, and in the end he couldn't overcome the grief, despite all the help that Tom and KRC tried to provide. In one of his deepest moments, he asked SDS that all his posts be deleted, which destroyed great insights & conversations.

KRC?

Sadly, his contributions are still missed. Coming up on the anniversary BTW. Hey Tom, is it 11 or 12 years now?

12, I believe. Right around when we bought our house.

We still have a picture of him and Darlene hanging on the wall. I miss going to microbreweries with him and having impromptu discussions about how we could turn it into a bioweapons lab. Or arguing who was better, Mush Morton or Dick O'Kane. (It was O'Kane, of course. Everyone knows that - or everyone but Paul.)

That has to be the most retarded interpretation of what I wrote

So then clarify. Because you made post after post dodging the question and making assumptions about why I'm asking. You think I'm trying to trap you, I'm not. I'm trying to cut through the bull **** and get to the core issue between us.

It's a simple question.

Do you - not the neocons - believe the US is capable of successfully executing a regime change in a ME country?

Strap in, we've got another 10 pages of GG dodging a very simple question yet. :beer:

Just because you're putting your hands over your ears and screaming LA-LA-LA-LA as loud as you can, doesn't mean my response wasn't clear.

So you DON'T believe the US is capable of successfully executing a regime change war in a ME country.

We are capable of doing most anything but we aren't willing to do so. We, as a country are so politically polarized that we can't agree on a common path. It used to be that politics pretty much stopped at our shores but there is so much hatred for the other party that we are willing to cut off our nose to spite our face.

We are capable of doing most anything but we aren't willing to do so. We, as a country are so politically polarized that we can't agree on a common path. It used to be that politics pretty much stopped at our shores but there is so much hatred for the other party that we are willing to cut off our nose to spite our face.

I agree. Which is why long-term occupation by US forces is untenable to both the politicians and the people.

Which is why the continued push to launch regime change wars in the region is the definition of insanity, and certainly is not done in the best interest of the people on the ground.

So you DON'T believe the US is capable of successfully executing a regime change war in a ME country.

And why do you insist on qualifying your answer to Mid East countries? Are they too stupid?

And BTW, promoting regime change isn't limited to going to war to achieve it.

And why do you insist on qualifying your answer to Mid East countries? Are they too stupid?

And BTW, promoting regime change isn't limited to going to war to achieve it.

I'm qualifying the question because, as you've pointed out many times, the ME is a different beast. And you're still not answering the question:

Do you, GG, today - not talking about 2003 - believe it's possible for the US to successfully execute a regime change war in a ME country?

It's a yes or no answer.

Or you can continue to be an intellectual coward.

I'm qualifying the question because, as you've pointed out many times, the ME is a different beast. And you're still not answering the question:

Do you, GG, today - not talking about 2003 - believe it's possible for the US to successfully execute a regime change war in a ME country?

It's a yes or no answer.

Or you can continue to be an intellectual coward.

Or you can continue to be intellectually obtuse. Show me where I have said that Middle East is a different beast and whose people can't manage a modern form of government.

If I spent the last year arguing that the main failure in Iraq was the untimely and hasty exit, when the US was on the precipice of gaining lasting change in Iraq and continue building the foundation for stability, what would a reasonable person conclude about my views?

You continue to tie my views to a miserably failed foreign policy since 2008, and try to attribute it to a neocon philosophy, when it's been a polar opposite of everything that I've been talking about. That is the reason you keep harping on me not answering the question. I've given you a consistent answer over and over, and you continue to ask for an answer because it's not the answer you're looking for.

So once again, for the simple minded in the crowd - Obama's policy was a polar opposite of a neocon strategy. The timing of his administration and policies being put in motion when the job wasn't finished does not equate to the failed execution of the original policy.

And by my count, intellectual cowards are the ones who continually change the questions and add qualifiers to the original questions when they don't get the answers they want.

You continue to tie my views to a miserably failed foreign policy since 2008, and try to attribute it to a neocon philosophy,

Incorrect. I'm asking you about your specific views to avoid doing exactly that.

And you won't answer the very simple, yes or no question... Why is that?

tumblr_nyr0vny6iz1r1d4seo1_500.gif

The question has nothing to do with 2003 or 2008. It's about right now. Today. It's about your opinion on the matter.

Do you, GG, believe today that the US is capable of successfully executing a regime change war in the ME?

Yes or no...

Edited by Deranged Rhino