The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

different pieces on how Trump (and US) is being prodded into Syrian regime change.

http://www.defenddemocracy.press/mcmaster-manipulating-reports/

I really want to say "bull ****, no one's that stupid." Except that people are that stupid.

Look, I'm all for boots on the ground when the mission calls for it. I think one of the great failings of American gunboat diplomacy (aside from exercising gunboat diplomacy to begin with) is that we half-ass it, and think the best decision Bush ever made was to recognize the mission called for it and to put troops in to Afghanistan.

Syria...is not one of those missions. Dropping 150k troops into a 20-sided cage match including Russians and chemical weapons is a no-win situation. Which is not to say I necessarily believe that asinine story above...but I don't doubt that there's a story somewhere about some idiot thinking "Hey, that's a really good idea."

I really want to say "bull ****, no one's that stupid." Except that people are that stupid.

Look, I'm all for boots on the ground when the mission calls for it. I think one of the great failings of American gunboat diplomacy (aside from exercising gunboat diplomacy to begin with) is that we half-ass it, and think the best decision Bush ever made was to recognize the mission called for it and to put troops in to Afghanistan.

Syria...is not one of those missions. Dropping 150k troops into a 20-sided cage match including Russians and chemical weapons is a no-win situation. Which is not to say I necessarily believe that asinine story above...but I don't doubt that there's a story somewhere about some idiot thinking "Hey, that's a really good idea."

Certain factions within the IC have been pushing for exactly that for going on 5 years now.

I agree it's idiotic. But getting involved in a quagmire and shooting war with Russians is high on the priority list for the unipolarist sect.

Plus you have to factor in the esoteric value of Syria itself to some of these folks.

(this is for Iraq... but the same would take place in Syria once Assad was overthrown and replaced by the jihadists we are backing/funding/training:)

http://newsdesk.si.edu/releases/smithsonian-and-us-department-state-partner-emergency-cultural-heritage-work-iraq

Edited by Deranged Rhino

i wouldn't say Afghanistan is a real success story. Nixon pretty much went all in in Vietnam. About the only successes we've had with our gunboats, where the eventual outcome didn't result in chaos, were panama and Grenada. Reagan and Bush sr knew who to pick on.

i wouldn't say Afghanistan is a real success story. Nixon pretty much went all in in Vietnam. About the only successes we've had with our gunboats, where the eventual outcome didn't result in chaos, were panama and Grenada. Reagan and Bush sr knew who to pick on.

Didn't say it was a success. I said it was a good decision.

That it didn't work out has less to do with the nature of that decision, and more with the grotesque misunderstand of Afghanistan that we have. But it was still a good decision.

Stockman and Paul Craig Roberts make this thread seem tame. These guys were insiders. No Alex joneses here. So Through the looking glass...

Stockton's playing hardball with Tip O'Neill as the director of OMB 30 years ago doesn't mean he knows anything about Syria. And from what he wrote, he knows less than nothing about it. Anyone who says "37 of the missiles were duds, and 23 others missed the target because the runway was still usable and chemical weapons weren't destroyed" doesn't know **** from shinola.

Stockton's playing hardball with Tip O'Neill as the director of OMB 30 years ago doesn't mean he knows anything about Syria. And from what he wrote, he knows less than nothing about it. Anyone who says "37 of the missiles were duds, and 23 others missed the target because the runway was still usable and chemical weapons weren't destroyed" doesn't know **** from shinola.

im not defending them, I just find it amazing that guys like this get so far out there...further than myself even...

And YOU know enough to dismiss him?

Your a idiot

im not defending them, I just find it amazing that guys like this get so far out there...further than myself even...

How do you know that Putin doesn't have pictures of Stockman tied up in leather straps with a flock of midgets showering him with love?

How do you know that Putin doesn't have pictures of Stockman tied up in leather straps with a flock of midgets showering him with love?

That Putin is one amazing guy to be able to control so many people at the same time...

What's taking him so long to take over the world?

That Putin is one amazing guy to be able to control so many people at the same time...

What's taking him so long to take over the world?

Because he's picking the wrong horses. Obviously. We'll await Consortium & Intercept to alert us of his next moves

Checking in with our most recent dive into regime change...

Slave traders and slave markets are the new growth enterprise in Libya. Happy days!

1078bap.jpg

Next time someone tries to sell you on how regime change is about helping the people on the ground, re-read this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/10/libya-public-slave-auctions-un-migration

Still relevant, and still missed: