The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

You think last night's attack made an example?

It was a pretty restrained attack. Lobbing cruise missiles at an empty target is about as low risk as it gets.

It's not about the money, it's about sending a message.

That's right...this foreign policy exercise brought to you by Heath Ledger's Joker.

Food for thought:

Former DIA colonel Patrick Lang's take on the events of the past few days in Syria:

Donald Trump’s decision to launch cruise missile strikes on a Syrian Air Force Base was based on a lie. In the coming days the American people will learn that the Intelligence Community knew that Syria did not drop a military chemical weapon on innocent civilians in Idlib. Here is what happened.

1. The Russians briefed the United States on the proposed target. This is a process that started more than two months ago. There is a dedicated phone line that is being used to coordinate and deconflict (i.e., prevent US and Russian air assets from shooting at each other) the upcoming operation.
The United States was fully briefed on the fact that there was a target in Idlib that the Russians believes was a weapons/explosives depot for Islamic rebels.
The Syrian Air Force hit the target with conventional weapons. All involved expected to see a massive secondary explosion. That did not happen. Instead, smoke, chemical smoke, began billowing from the site. It turns out that the Islamic rebels used that site to store chemicals, not sarin, that were deadly. The chemicals included organic phosphates and chlorine and they followed the wind and killed civilians.
There was a strong wind blowing that day and the cloud was driven to a nearby village and caused casualties.
We know it was not sarin. How? Very simple. The so-called “first responders” handled the victims without gloves. If this had been sarin they would have died. Sarin on the skin will kill you. How do I know? I went through “Live Agent” training at Fort McClellan in Alabama.

https://gosint.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/former-dia-colonel-us-strikes-on-a-syria-based-on-a-lie/

If that is what really happened like Syria and Putin said, jumping to a wrong conclusion , just like WMDs to justify invading Iraq.

Chemical weapons in the hands of radicals/terrorists could be spread to use in other countries also.

I doubt if anyone gets away with embarrassing Putin like that without serious consequences jmo

Edited by ALF

Another Dangerous Rush to Judgment in Syria

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/05/another-dangerous-rush-to-judgment-in-syria/

"With the latest hasty judgment about Tuesdays poison-gas deaths in a rebel-held area of northern Syria, the mainstream U.S. news media once more reveals itself to be a threat to responsible journalism and to the future of humanity. Again, we see the troubling pattern of verdict first, investigation later, even when that behavior can lead to a dangerous war escalation and many more deaths.

Before a careful evaluation of the evidence about Tuesdays tragedy was possible, The New York Times and other major U.S. news outlets had pinned the blame for the scores of dead on the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad. That revived demands that the U.S. and other nations establish a no-fly zone over Syria, which would amount to launching another regime change war and would put America into a likely hot war with nuclear-armed Russia.

(snip)

While its hard to know at this early stage whats true and whats not, these alternative explanations, Im told, are being seriously examined by U.S. intelligence. One source cited the possibility that Turkey had supplied the rebels with the poison gas (the exact type still not determined) for potential use against Kurdish forces operating in northern Syria near the Turkish border or for a terror attack in a government-controlled city like the capital of Damascus.

(snip)

On Tuesday, the Times assigned two of its most committed anti-Syrian-government propagandists to cover the Syrian poison-gas story, Michael B. Gordon and Anne Barnard.

Gordon has been at the front lines of the neocon regime change strategies for years. He co-authored the Times infamous aluminum tube story of Sept. 8, 2002, which relied on U.S. government sources and Iraqi defectors to frighten Americans with images of mushroom clouds if they didnt support President George W. Bushs upcoming invasion of Iraq. The timing played perfectly into the administrations advertising rollout for the Iraq War.

Of course, the story turned out to be false and to have unfairly downplayed skeptics of the claim that the aluminum tubes were for nuclear centrifuges, when the aluminum tubes actually were meant for artillery. But the article provided a great impetus toward the Iraq War, which ended up killing nearly 4,500 U.S. soldiers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

(snip)

Gordon was a co-author of another bogus Times front-page story on April 21, 2014, when the State Department and the Ukrainian government fed the Times two photographs that supposedly proved that a group of Russian soldiers first photographed in Russia had entered Ukraine, where they were photographed again.

However, two days later, Gordon was forced to pen a retraction because it turned out that both photos had been shot inside Ukraine, destroying the storys premise. [see Consortiumnews.coms NYT Retracts Russian-Photo Scoop.]

Gordon perhaps personifies better than anyone how mainstream journalism works. If you publish false stories that fit with the Establishments narratives, your job is safe even if the stories blow up in your face. However, if you go against the grain and if someone important raises a question about your story you can easily find yourself out on the street even if your story is correct."

(snip)

One might have thought that the evidence of one staged attack would have increased skepticism about the other incidents, but the U.N. investigators apparently understood what was good for their careers, so they endorsed a couple of other alleged cases despite their inability to conduct a field investigation. [see Consortiumnews.coms UN Team Heard Claims of Staged Chemical Attacks.]

Now, that dubious U.N. report is being leveraged into this new incident, one opportunistic finding used to justify another. But the pressing question now is: Have the American people come to understand enough about psychological operations and strategic communications that they will finally show the skepticism that no longer exists in the major U.S. news media?

This a great article. Thanks for sharing Rhino.

One of the things Trump said in his campaign I liked was the part about us not being the world's policeman and keeping us out of more war in the middle East.

So much for that I guess. He seems to hold the same world view as Obama/Bush (both)/Clinton (both). We need to teach these other stupid countries a lesson or two.

Edited by reddogblitz

This a great article. Thanks for sharing Rhino.

One of the things Trump said in his campaign I liked was the part about us not being the world's policeman and keeping us out of more war in the middle East.

So much for that I guess. He seems to hold the same world view as Obama/Bush (both)/Clinton (both). We need to teach these other stupid countries a lesson or two.

Actually, Bush II's view was "we're not the world's policemen," until 9/11. As was Clinton's...when it was convenient.

Actually, Bush II's view was "we're not the world's policemen," until 9/11. As was Clinton's...when it was convenient.

Or maybe once you see the images the president sees, you forget all the rhetoric?

Yup, killing 70 members of Assad's executioners is the same as murdering 500,000 civilians in Greggy's book.

The Deep State is coming for you people. Stockpile the Spam.

I'm loathe to interfere with the singles tennis match that you and DR are having.

However, this does beg the question... which flavor? :unsure:

Thank you for taking my post and I'll listen for your answer off the air. :hangsup:

Spam-01-949x450.jpg

I'm loathe to interfere with the singles tennis match that you and DR are having.

However, this does beg the question... which flavor? :unsure:

Thank you for taking my post and I'll listen for your answer off the air. :hangsup:

Spam-01-949x450.jpg

Bacon Spam seems abit redundant but is pretty good. Also a fan of Jalepeno Spam

"I’m going to call bull **** on the gas attack. It’s too “on-the-nose,” as Hollywood script-writers sometimes say, meaning a little too perfect to be natural. This has the look of a manufactured event.

My guess is that President Trump knows this smells fishy, but he has to talk tough anyway. However, keep in mind that he has made a brand out of not discussing military options. He likes to keep people guessing. He reminded us of that again yesterday, in case we forgot.

So how does a Master Persuader respond to a fake war crime?

He does it with a fake response, if he’s smart. "

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/159264981001/the-syrian-gas-attack-persuasion

"I’m going to call bull **** on the gas attack. It’s too “on-the-nose,” as Hollywood script-writers sometimes say, meaning a little too perfect to be natural. This has the look of a manufactured event.

My guess is that President Trump knows this smells fishy, but he has to talk tough anyway. However, keep in mind that he has made a brand out of not discussing military options. He likes to keep people guessing. He reminded us of that again yesterday, in case we forgot.

So how does a Master Persuader respond to a fake war crime?

He does it with a fake response, if he’s smart. "

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/159264981001/the-syrian-gas-attack-persuasion

I might have more reason to believe him if his comic strip was still funny, which it hadn't been in a very long time.

His day job aside, his analysis throughout the past 12 months has been pretty astute.

You're probably right. I just had to get a dig in an Scott. Dilbert used to be so good. All of us office schlubbs could relate to it. Probably because he was one of us.

Then he quit his job and no longer can relate. Now Dilbert is just dumb and unfunny IMHO.

Serious question, does anyone think Dilbert now days is funny?

Edited by reddogblitz

Politico: "Worldwide Jewish movement" at center of Trump-Kremlin conspiracy http://buff.ly/2phswhM

Story graphic is literally shadowy Jews C8_AHqiXkAEqZQI.jpg

From Jonah Goldberg:

More

Jonah Goldberg Retweeted Omri Ceren

Politico Editor: "What do we have in the shadowy Jews department"

"Well there's this."

"Perfect!"

Update: They have changed it now, but the internet never forgets

https://twitter.com/omriceren/status/851140555522310145/photo/1

Edited by B-Man

Politico: "Worldwide Jewish movement" at center of Trump-Kremlin conspiracy http://buff.ly/2phswhM

Story graphic is literally shadowy Jews C8_AHqiXkAEqZQI.jpg

From Jonah Goldberg:

More

Jonah Goldberg Retweeted Omri Ceren

Politico Editor: "What do we have in the shadowy Jews department"

"Well there's this."

"Perfect!"

Update: They have changed it now, but the internet never forgets

https://twitter.com/omriceren/status/851140555522310145/photo/1

What a surprise.