The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

45 was pretty clear about what's coming at his rally tonight. He threw around a lot of big words, that when they come from POTUS carry heavy weight. Words like "treason". 

If there’s something we can all agree on, it’s that Trump’s words are what comes out of his mouth in the moment. Attaching a lot of deep meaning to his word choice is foolish. 

38 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Brennan should be tried, convicted, and hung from public gallows in front of the capitol building. I'd take the day off and throw a party. Lower than scum.

The largest impediment to justice is the very slow moving justice system filled with attorneys and judges who are comfortable with the very slow pace at which it operates. 

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

The largest impediment to justice is the very slow moving justice system filled with attorneys and judges who are comfortable with the very slow pace at which it operates. 

We get paid to waste time. It's called billable hours.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

We get paid to waste time. It's called billable hours.

Yeah "you guys" do some of that but some litigation I was involved in last year (as a plaintiff) convinced me that even a very good attorney interested in an efficient and timely outcome can easily be stifled.  After 11 court appearances in a 13 month span regarding a deadbeat commercial tenant it became very apparent that this judge in most of the cases she heard was quite happy to continue pushing matters into the next month over and over again. 

Watching as an outsider how Washington handles federal inquiries and prosecutions looks all too similar.

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yeah "you guys" do some of that but some litigation I was involved in last year (as a plaintiff) convinced me that even a very good attorney interested in an efficient and timely outcome can easily be stifled.  After 11 court appearances in a 13 month span regarding a deadbeat commercial tenant it became very apparent that this judge in most of the cases she heard was quite happy to continue pushing matters into the next month over and over again. 

Watching as an outsider how Washington handles federal inquiries and prosecutions looks all too similar.

Sounds like you are a landlord. I once sold a residential 6-unit to a guy and I held the paper (I let my hate for the place cloud my judgement). I ended up getting sued for utility bills in excess of 10k. The question was, who actually owned the property? I instructed my attorney to be very aggressive and I came up with a list of many people to be deposed at the interrogatories. Every one of them including the mayor was a legitimate witness that could prove the other party claimed ownership. The utility company realized there was no money in this deal for them and immediately dropped the case. I even got about half my retainer back. Moral of the story------------------------------don't hire Koko who will just billtheshit out of you.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sounds like you are a landlord. I once sold a residential 6-unit to a guy and I held the paper (I let my hate for the place cloud my judgement). I ended up getting sued for utility bills in excess of 10k. The question was, who actually owned the property? I instructed my attorney to be very aggressive and I came up with a list of many people to be deposed at the interrogatories. Every one of them including the mayor was a legitimate witness that could prove the other party claimed ownership. The utility company realized there was no money in this deal for them and immediately dropped the case. I even got about half my retainer back. Moral of the story------------------------------don't hire Koko who will just billtheshit out of you.

Finally we settled with tenant.  Spent $30K on litigation, collected $29K and not a dime of the rent due.  Was it worth it?  Hell yes.  On principle we made the guy's life hell for a stretch of it.  Great story with lots of twists and turns.  He finally settled once I pulled his attorney and mine into a room at court and I told the other side (in rather terse terms) I would spend whatever it took to prevail.  He had signed a personal guaranty that had teeth.  The next day we succeeded in freezing some funds that his in-laws had loaned him and his wife that were briefly on deposit at his bank.  I probably owe his wife a thank you who I'm sure let him have it once that happened. 

Edited by keepthefaith

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Finally we settled with tenant.  Spent $30K on litigation, collected $29K and not a dime of the rent due.  Was it worth it?  Hell yes.  On principle we made the guy's life hell for a stretch of it.  Great story with lots of twists and turns.  He finally settled once I pulled his attorney and mine into a room at court and I told the other side (in rather terse terms) I would spend whatever it took to prevail.  He had signed a personal guaranty that had teeth.  The next day we succeeded in freezing some funds that his in-laws had loaned him and his wife that were briefly on deposit at his bank.  I probably owe his wife a thank you who I'm sure let him have it once that happened. 

I took the FU approach to a an employee who my partner and I fired for stealing. She had the balls to sue us for unjustly firing her and found an attorney to take her case for who knows what for payment? 40k or so later we finally "won" when they dropped it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

D20vp0QUkAAvuTr.jpg

44 you're up next.

You really think so? I think Obama is never going to have to "pay" for the actions of his administration.  I'm not sure he's the brains behind any of this. Did he want to "be in the know"? Probably.  Did he orchestrate this? Unlikely. Although it does have his *****-Midas touch all over it, so I could very well be wrong.

Val Jar should be sleeping lightly, however. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You really think so? I think Obama is never going to have to "pay" for the actions of his administration.  I'm not sure he's the brains behind any of this. Did he want to "be in the know"? Probably.  Did he orchestrate this? Unlikely. Although it does have his *****-Midas touch all over it, so I could very well be wrong.

Val Jar should be sleeping lightly, however. 

I've heard from the start Trump wanted to spare 44 out of fear of what it would do to the country. 

But that was before the Trump/Russia delusion went on for two years. I don't think he's feeling that conciliatory now. And the way Paul keeps hammering 44 on the floor makes me think they're going to destroy his legacy by exposing his role. I don't think they'll indict him - but they'll expose all his captains and his role in this - which was substantial. 

Though I completely agree, he's not the mastermind. He's always been a useful idiot for others who pull his strings. Those string pullers have largely been dealt with behind the scenes with extreme prejudice. Those in the public spotlight will get their's as well, though in a more conventional way.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've heard from the start Trump wanted to spare 44 out of fear of what it would do to the country. 

But that was before the Trump/Russia delusion went on for two years. I don't think he's feeling that conciliatory now. And the way Paul keeps hammering 44 on the floor makes me think they're going to destroy his legacy by exposing his role. I don't think they'll indict him - but they'll expose all his captains and his role in this - which was substantial. 

Though I completely agree, he's not the mastermind. He's always been a useful idiot for others who pull his strings. Those string pullers have largely been dealt with behind the scenes with extreme prejudice. Those in the public spotlight will get their's as well, though in a more conventional way.

He has a legacy!? ? ?

Hillary may want to be careful and watch her back (oh the irony). I do not think President Trump is happy with her. This is what happens when you make backroom deals.  The DNC promised her the 2016 nomination, and "no one" thought she could lose. She'd have been better off shutting up and not spouting "the Russians did it!" 48 hours after the election ended.

2008 is very far away for many people.  Here is a fairly current link for those that need a refresher on what happened with the DNC in 2008 and Obama being the "anointed one", and why Hillary was guaranteed the 2016 nomination (and therefore the Presidency  ?  ).

• Like (+1) 1