The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A twofer! Hillary can be the grieving widow and get the sympathy vote in 2020.

He has looked like crap for years. I'd make a joke about living with Hillary being aging, but honestly, they stuck him on some kind of woo-woo vegan diet a few years back, and you could see him slowly die before your eyes. (To be fair, I would too if someone stuck me on a vegan diet.)  The man needs a cheeseburger, stat.

He ate like crap and it was celebrated when he was president. The guy aged a lot, like all presidents, during his tenure.

58 minutes ago, peace out said:

The #Deepstate killed off Bush to postpone a hearing. It's obvious.

I'm loving this conspiracy theory, though.  You rarely see this combination of complexity and coherence.  It's a thing of beauty.  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/1/2018 at 5:51 PM, DC Tom said:

Yeah, this.  Sniper teams are as much for surveillance as they are shooting.  Perhaps more so.

Still getting crazy, though.

They keep showing the Arc de triumph. I don't get why the French have an arch of triumph. It is arguably the greatest military embarrassment of Western Civilization. I cannot name ONE great French general, aside from Lafayette. And the French tried to kill him for being too awesome. Tear the whole damn thing down!

15 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

They keep showing the Arc de triumph. I don't get why the French have an arch of triumph. It is arguably the greatest military embarrassment of Western Civilization. I cannot name ONE great French general, aside from Lafayette. And the French tried to kill him for being too awesome. Tear the whole damn thing down!

See "Napoleon."

He had some good days.

I've spent a lot of time there. Sad to see.

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

They keep showing the Arc de triumph. I don't get why the French have an arch of triumph. 

It was commissioned to commemorate Ulm-Austerlitz.

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I cannot name ONE great French general, aside from Lafayette.

That's because you're a dipshit.  Napoleon, William the Bastard, Roland, de Bourbon, Vauban, Rochambeau, Davout.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It was commissioned to commemorate Ulm-Austerlitz.

That's because you're a dipshit.  Napoleon, William the Bastard, Roland, de Bourbon, Vauban, Rochambeau, Davout.

I wouldn’t count the William. He was English. At least he was when he died. 

Ive already stated Napoleon doesn’t count. He was from Corsica. His parents hated the French and so did young Napoleon. Gosh. 

Rochambeau I wouldn’t insult for obvious reasons. 

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I wouldn’t count the William. He was English. At least he was when he died. 

He wasn't when he invaded England from France.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Ive already stated Napoleon doesn’t count. He was from Corsica. His parents hated the French and so did young Napoleon. Gosh. 

Even though he's interred in the Dome des Invalides with other French war heroes.

So Napoleon's not French, even though he was when he died.  But William the Conquerer is English, because he was when he died.

God only knows why people think you're a dipshit.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Charles "the Hammer" Martel

As much as you rail on Muslims, you should love you some Martel

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He wasn't when he invaded England from France.

Even though he's interred in the Dome des Invalides with other French war heroes.

So Napoleon's not French, even though he was when he died.  But William the Conquerer is English, because he was when he died.

God only knows why people think you're a dipshit.  :lol:

Yes, because when it’s my game I make the rules. Further, I’m not sure the Normans would have seen themselves as French. 

Also, William really wasn’t a great general was he? I mean he barely beat an exhausted army at Hastings. Barely. Nothing about him demonstrated military cunning. I’d argue Harold was the better Commander. Then he raped, murdered, and pillaged the North. Not very kingly. 

I detest the French. They’ve been nothing but cowards and military failures since the Napoleonic Wars. 

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Oh, I do. 

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Always thought Charles Martellus was overrated, myself.  More like Charles the Anvil at Tours.

But...he did have the foresight to form a professional army specifically tailored to defeat Ummayids, and managed a surprise march to force the Ummayids to battle on his choice of ground (and a very well-selected choice it was).  So he was no slouch, either, as he anticipated Moltke's idea that decisive battles are decided in the aufmarsch by more than a thousand years.

41 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yes, because when it’s my game I make the rules. Oh, I do. 

It ain't your game, *****head.  

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Always thought Charles Martellus was overrated, myself.  More like Charles the Anvil at Tours.

But...he did have the foresight to form a professional army specifically tailored to defeat Ummayids, and managed a surprise march to force the Ummayids to battle on his choice of ground (and a very well-selected choice it was).  So he was no slouch, either, as he anticipated Moltke's idea that decisive battles are decided in the aufmarsch by more than a thousand years.

It ain't your game, *****head.  

IT IS MY GAME. When I start it, I make the rules. 

And ill conclude that as a rule, Gaul’s are horrible warriors, void of talent in the art of warfare. 

My god, from the Franco-Prussian war on they’ve just been a floundering disgrace, always looking for the first chance to surrender. 

I wish i cpuld find credible information on the great french mutiny during WWI.