The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Not doubting your veracity here, but IF you are correct about that; they'd better have had SIGNIFICANTLY better justification & documentation to get the warrant than the previous administration appears to have presented to get the Page FISA warrant.

This stuff WILL result in a shooting war if this ends up looking like political retaliation.  Those on the far left will never believe it isn't, but those towards the middle have to be able to see something like this truly is legit.  (Again, if true.)

Agreed. 

We are going to learn that there have been/are active FISA's on: 

Kerry

Brennan

Clapper

Comey

Strzok/the Ohrs/Baker/Carlin

McCabe

Yates

All tied to the attempted palace coup (Kerry played a large role)

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

This stuff WILL result in a shooting war if this ends up looking like political retaliation.  Those on the far left will never believe it isn't, but those towards the middle have to be able to see something like this truly is legit.  (Again, if true.)

There's no way it won't look like political retaliation to about a third of the country (all of California, for starters).

It'll spark a shooting war, no way it doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. 

Kerry

Brennan

Clapper

Comey

McCabe

Yates

Hope you're right.  (Though to a large degree, on a separate level, hope you aren't.)

And, sadly, why isn't seeing Kerry's name come up surprising?

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. 

Kerry

Brennan

Clapper

Comey

McCabe

Yates

I get it, but what about the FISA Judges themselves? 

15 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I get it, but what about the FISA Judges themselves? 

That's certainly something I think they're investigating (see Flynn's initial judge recusing himself, because he was also a FISA judge as an example). But it's tricky. If a FISA judge or judges are publicly revealed to have been in on it, it would essentially burn down the FISC. That might not be a bad thing, in the long term. In the short term, that would create chaos in the intelligence community and impact national security. I suspect if the FISC is found to be complicit, it'll be part of the 40% that gets kept from the public. They'll still remove the offenders, we'll just never get an official/truthful answer as to why. Just my take. 

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. 

Kerry

Brennan

Clapper

Comey

McCabe

Yates

If it's going to happen then time is running very short for him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

If it's going to happen then time is running very short for him.  

The FISA declass will be the trigger. The release got delayed because of the hurricane (imo), that will be followed by Horowitz's second report (Octoberish - unless the DOJ holds for the midterms which is possible). Mueller will be forced at that point to show his hand if the FISA shows what has long been speculated in this thread. Sessions and Huber likely won't move until Mueller's probe wraps - and those will be indictments, not congressional subpoenas. 

If they hold until after the midterms and the House flips, none of the above is impacted as the work is already done. What changes is the ease/ability to hold open public hearings on the Hill about it all - which is important in the ongoing PR/(dis)information battle, but won't save them. It will make it messier though, unquestionably. Which is why I have been against them trying to time this for the midterms from the beginning. 

(again, if I'm right)

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The FISA declass will be the trigger. The release got delayed because of the hurricane (imo), that will be followed by Horowitz's second report (Octoberish - unless the DOJ holds for the midterms which is possible). Mueller will be forced at that point to show his hand if the FISA shows what has long been speculated in this thread. Sessions and Huber likely won't move until Mueller's probe wraps - and those will be indictments, not congressional subpoenas. 

If they hold until after the midterms and the House flips, none of the above is impacted as the work is already done. What changes is the ease/ability to hold open public hearings on the Hill about it all - which is important in the ongoing PR/(dis)information battle, but won't save them. It will make it messier though, unquestionably. Which is why I have been against them trying to time this for the midterms from the beginning. 

(again, if I'm right)

The longer they wait, the more opportunities for Trump to undermine the message.  Who's the moron that made the hurricane an even bigger story?

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(again, if I'm right)

11 minutes ago, GG said:

The longer they wait, the more opportunities for Trump to undermine the message.  Who's the moron that made the hurricane an even bigger story?

There's also the issue, floated on the Sunday morning shows two weeks ago, that it runs against standing FBI/DOJ policy to publicly announce any legal proceedings involving candidates for office within two months of elections.

I can't speak to the veracity of that claim, but it will absolutely be part of the narrative.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There's also the issue, floated on the Sunday morning shows two weeks ago, that it runs against standing FBI/DOJ policy to publicly announce any legal proceedings involving candidates for office within two months of elections.

I can't speak to the veracity of that claim, but it will absolutely be part of the narrative.

Then it was irresponsible to hold off until fall.   He should have declassified in mid-August