The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You know who else was busted for crack cocaine possession?  Hitler!

(I'm kidding.  It was obviously Goering.)

That's ok though.... Moonbeam Brown has been doing the magic mushrooms for decades now

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm curious how close that comes to money laundering.  

I don't think it is, mind you - states convert currency holdings all the time.  But there's not enough information to discount the possibility.

Just now, DC Tom said:

I don't think it is, mind you - states convert currency holdings all the time.  But there's not enough information to discount the possibility.

I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this in the near future. But it is an interesting question you raise.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this in the near future. But it is an interesting question you raise.

But most of what we'll here will be the right-wing gatormans screaming that it's definitely money laundering, because there's no evidence it's not, therefore it's impalpably self-explanatory or something.

I doubt we'll ever know the real story.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

The action is pure money laundering, but I don't think that a state can be guilty of money laundering laws, which usually apply to individuals.  But states can be guilty of sanctions violations.  This is pretty ballsy, in any event, and you have to imagine that it's true if AP is reporting it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

The action is pure money laundering, but I don't think that a state can be guilty of money laundering laws, which usually apply to individuals.  But states can be guilty of sanctions violations.  This is pretty ballsy, in any event, and you have to imagine that it's true if AP is reporting it.

Precisely this.

4 hours ago, GG said:

States may not.  State leaders who violate national law by changing policy without following proper governmental procedure probably can.

But all Obama needed was a phone and a pen...