Jim Kelly on espn about our situation 1/4

The Tomcat

You could look it up, or just add the snark...but I'll do it for ya.

Since 1960, he's had 30. This is tied for 6th.

While "countless isn't a number" as you astutely pointed out, that's damn near impressive.

You beat me to it...

One his first year. Two his second year. Two his third. Then it spikes to six in his fourth then drops again in his fifth. Had three seasons with five or more. Most other years where one two or three. Id say that gives tyrod at least another year before you decide. Eli is sixth in history. But like tyrod had very few his first two years. They are insane if they let him walk unless there is some grand plan to go 1-15 next year to get yourself to the top of the 2018 draft. If anybody wants to look at that stat I just googled Eli Manning 4th quarter and profootball reference has that broken down.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Thats the link. Not sure I did it right. Tech stuff isnt my strong suit. Almost half of them in 2011 and 2016

Edited by TANK2

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One his first year. Two his second year. Two his third. Then it spikes to six in his fourth then drops again in his fifth. Had three seasons with five or more. Most other years where one two or three. Id say that gives tyrod at least another year before you decide. Eli is sixth in history. But like tyrod had very few his first two years. They are insane if they let him walk unless there is some grand plan to go 1-15 next year to get yourself to the top of the 2018 draft. If anybody wants to look at that stat I just googled Eli Manning 4th quarter and profootball reference has that broken down.

Tank, that's what I'm talking about. Good research!

On a side note regarding those early years you reference. I always thought it weird that both Eli and Kurt Warner sucked real bad and both will probably be HOFers. Warners career was so weird.

Our GM is black. Our OC was black. Now our HC is black. All our QBs are black. I'm not sure why you think Tyrod is being short-changed because he's black.

I think you can make intelligent, rational arguments why Tyrod should be our QB going forward, and why he shouldn't. Like every QB, TT has his strengths and his weaknesses. How you weigh those against each other will vary from fan to fan, and from coach to coach. His particular profile is fairly unique.

Then there's the issue of his future potential. Perfectly rational people think he's hit his ceiling. Other rational people expect him to get better yet - maybe with better coaching.

At this point, whether it's fair or not, there are probably some head coach candidates who believe you cannot build a winning franchise around Tyrod's unique skill set. That's just the reality we have to face.

Good post, hondo. I don't disagree with anything you said. Although I do think there is a tendency maybe not on our team but throughout the league to short-change quarterbacks of certain styles.

My wife keeps telling me Jim Kelly should be head of football operations for the Bills because he's 100% on board with wanting this team to win. I say he's got other things on his plate like charitable foundations and has to watch his health. I don't know, maybe she's right?

I want him to enjoy his life and any apare time he has Edited by fansince88

No he says Tyrod didn't do enough, didn't make the big plays whe we needed or move the sticks on big 3rd downs to keep possession. He does some good things but not consistent was his evaluation

This is so obviously clear to everyone involved, but TT was completely miffed as why he sat last Sunday. I didn't expect him to be happy, but he had very little insight of this situation and cried foul about the Bills not having confidence in him.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Fire Whaley..

Polian - President

Reich - HC

Wade - DC

Pill - OC

Acquire one of Glennon or McCarron

Overdraft DeShaun Watson @ 10

Let's go..

Flame away that I am !@#$ing living in the past .. but commit to this structure for 5 years and the Bills will make the playoffs at least once and Russ will sell a hell of a lot of tickets and sponsorships.

I kind of like this, especially overdrafting on Watson.

This is so obviously clear to everyone involved, but TT was completely miffed as why he sat last Sunday. I didn't expect him to be happy, but he had very little insight of this situation and cried foul about the Bills not having confidence in him.

Whaley and or the coaching staff should have sat down with him before the game even if they are moving on. Simply good player relations. The Pegulas talk about the family atmosphere they want to create. This isnt the way to demonstrate that.

Maybe its because Tyrod doesnt think hes the problem. Maybe he looks at our crap defense and wonders why nobody is talking about them. Were stuck with dareus so we just ignore his nonsense. No wonder the whole organization is in turmoil.

Fire Whaley..

Polian - President

Reich - HC

Wade - DC

Pill - OC

Acquire one of Glennon or McCarron

Overdraft DeShaun Watson @ 10

Let's go..

Flame away that I am !@#$ing living in the past .. but commit to this structure for 5 years and the Bills will make the playoffs at least once and Russ will sell a hell of a lot of tickets and sponsorships.

Why stop there?

QB coach -- Jimbo

WR coach -- Andre

RB coach -- Thurman

DB coach -- Odomes

DL coach -- Bruce

ST coach -- Tasker

OL coach -- Wolford

LB coach -- Talley

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I can't stand when people lump Reich in with your average player in terms of being a coach. If there was one guy back in the 90's that you thought could end up being a really good coach when he retired it was Frank Reich. While the others were out partying, he was the guy at home with the wife and kids.

I am not saying we should or shouldn't hire Reich as coach, but he has always been mature, well prepared and humble. He is the complete opposite of Rex Ryan and teams usually go in the opposite direction when they fire a coach.

Jimbo, Bruce, Thurman, I wouldn't want any of them near a sideline as a coach. I could see Talley being a good defensive line/linebacker coach if he had started earlier, but I think that time has passed.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Why stop there?

QB coach -- Jimbo

WR coach -- Andre

RB coach -- Thurman

DB coach -- Odomes

DL coach -- Bruce

ST coach -- Tasker

OL coach -- Wolford

LB coach -- Talley

So you really are Russ....

Where do I sign up to get Seasons again?

Edited by Reed83HOF

Maybe its because Tyrod doesnt think hes the problem. Maybe he looks at our crap defense and wonders why nobody is talking about them. Were stuck with dareus so we just ignore his nonsense. No wonder the whole organization is in turmoil.

Maybe he should fare better than 1-6 vs the .500 teams then.

He is a problem as well as the defense.

I realize Jimbo speaks from a different time, but one thing remains; in his day, the Dolphins had Dan Marino -a 1st ballot HOFer. He was crushing us until the USFL folded. Then the tables were turned and for a food 8 seasons, the winner of Dolphins/Bills games won the Division and Home Field. We beat them there in the AFC Championship for our 3rd SB. Who has Brady been challenged with in the Division? No One and no other AFC team could keep their HC long either.

That settles it. We need to trade our 1st and 2nd picks (#10 & #42) and next years 1st for Andrew Luck. Indy is getting a new coach so he'll have his choice to trade his choice picks our Draft. Luck would be perfect here, I believe. Makes all the throws, despite playing behind a terrible OL throughout his career. Can't even name an RB worth a damn since he's been there. Put him behind our OL with Shady & Felton, Clay, Sammy and a WR TBNL and nevermind NE, we contend for SB's for the next 6-7 years.

GITERDONE, Doug!

If we catch Irsay hitting the sauce, or crack pipe, we might have a chance at this.

Why stop there?

QB coach -- Jimbo

WR coach -- Andre

RB coach -- Thurman

DB coach -- Odomes

DL coach -- Bruce

ST coach -- Tasker

OL coach -- Wolford

LB coach -- Talley

We have a monopoly on all the good ideas in the Triangle area of NC e....

I think Jim mostly commented on QB because that is what he knows and that is what he focuses on. I'd be willing to bet if it was Bruce Smith in his place the entire commentary would've been about how the defense needed to tackle better and pressure the QB more to force turnovers.

That is not to say either of them are wrong, just that they each have their perspective they view the game from.

Buffalo Rumblings: Quarterback isn’t a negative for Buffalo Bills coach search

Jim Kelly had some harsh comments about Tyrod Taylor, but they don’t jive with the reality.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/4/14168166/buffalo-bills-coach-search-tyrod-taylor-blake-bortles

Good link.

Kind of makes what Kelly said about the coaching situation seem like a myth.

He probably wants the Bills to part ways with Tyrod and sign Chad. It would be hilarious if he said that.