HC candidate Harold Goodwin - interviews 1/7

YoloinOhio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this guy a lot. You can tell by interviews that he's very quick-minded and sharp. I think very highly of Arians and Goodwin has been his right-hand many for a number of years now. Could be wrong but I think his style of offense could work with Taylor.

If he brings a good 4-3 defensive coordinator with him then I think he'd be a great hire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV9r-cCwH-8

Oh and by the way both Goodwin and Whaley worked for the Steelers from 2007-2009. Goodwin was the offensive line coach and quality control coordinator.

The thing that struck me listening to that interview was that the reporters treated him respectfully and he treated them that way, as well.

It was local "reporters" who actually don't report much of anything, instead they primarily are confrontational to the people that they are interviewing and then mostly write negative "opinion" pieces. Doesn't matter what the Bills do - articles are already written:

- "Bumbling Bills let the best QB they have had go"

Or

-"Bumbling Bills stick with Taylor who isn't A franchise QB"

Edited by OldTimer1960

So he's basically an o-line coach with the title of OC. The Curtis Modkins to Chan Gailey if you will.

I guess it depends on what he really does outside the game and also his attitude.

He's been coaching since 2004, 3 years less than Anthony Lynn. In title, he's been OC for 4 years - the question is what have his responsibilities really been during this time?

I have the same concern about a bunch of the guys we're interviewing or said to be interested in, including ALynn, Vince Joseph, and Kris Richard. It's really up to the interview process to sort that out.

So he's basically an o-line coach with the title of OC. The Curtis Modkins to Chan Gailey if you will.

Wasn't Modkins a glorified running backs coach?

The Marrone to Sean Payton is a better example. Payton like Arians wants to design plays for his skill position guys. Working out the details of how the protection scheme supports that is why guys like that value a Marrone or a Goodwin.

That he hasn't called plays hurts him a bit I can see that... but as I keep saying the number 1 attribute the Bills should be looking for is leadership.