Hall of Fame finalists announced - TO in Final 15

Spurna

@terrellowens

HOF is a total joke. Honestly, doesn't mean anything to me to get in beyond this point.

He needs to shut up. We all agree he is right he should leave it to other people to talk for him. We will make the case. All he is doing at this point is hurting himself.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warner is good...not great...a few good years....5 seasons from '02-'06 didn't do much

He is great. He revitalised two moribund franchises, got the 3 Superbowls, was money in the play-offs and did it all having been forced to go to Arena Footbal and NFL Europe to make his case.

Kurt Warner is one of the most deserving HoFers in years.

He is great. He revitalised two moribund franchises, got the 3 Superbowls, was money in the play-offs and did it all having been forced to go to Arena Footbal and NFL Europe to make his case.

Kurt Warner is one of the most deserving HoFers in years.

I don't know. He had a few exceptional years, many very mediocre seasons. He's borderline. His arena football and NFL Europe stints shouldn't have anything to do with case for the Hall. The voters only looked at his success. Without researching I can't imagine a QB in the HOF that had as many poor seasons as he did.

I don't know. He had a few exceptional years, many very mediocre seasons. He's borderline. His arena football and NFL Europe stints shouldn't have anything to do with case for the Hall. The voters only looked at his success. Without researching I can't imagine a QB in the HOF that had as many poor seasons as he did.

It's called "The Pro Football Hall of Fame", so obviously your statement is incorrect. He led the NFLE in TD and passing for his one year there and he is in the Arena Football HOF.

As others have pointed out, he took 2 sad teams to the SB. Won a SB. Took a beating his entire NFL career. Dominant in the playoffs (compared to Peyton Manning, for instance).

Absolutely slam dunk HOF QB.

It's called "The Pro Football Hall of Fame", so obviously your statement is incorrect. He led the NFLE in TD and passing for his one year there and he is in the Arena Football HOF.

As others have pointed out, he took 2 sad teams to the SB. Won a SB. Took a beating his entire NFL career. Dominant in the playoffs (compared to Peyton Manning, for instance).

This. I also think his distance travelled HAS to be taken into account unless all the Hall serves as is a statistical archive in which case why have voters, just set an abitrary level and follow the numbers?

As far as I'm concerned TO was THE most deserving guy on the ballot. LT was probably next. Warner is a HOFer as well. TD I go back and forth on. He was dominant but had a very short career. I'm cool wit Anderson too. TO is above all of those guys though IMO.

The HOF to me is for players that were historically great. It's not that complicated. Was Jason Taylor historically great? He was a nice player but when you talk about the great pass rushers of all-time, he doesn't belong in the conversation.

Think about this for a second, Lynn Swann is on the HOF and TO isn't. AND PLEASE DONT CHALK THIS UP TO "A PASSING ERA!!"

Swann: 336 receptions, 5,462 yards and 51 TDs

TO: 1,078 receptions, 15,934 yards and 153 TDs

If we add Stallworth too:

Swann & Stallworth combined: 873 receptions, 14,185 yards and 114 TDs

I'm not picking on the Steelers. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of TO not being in.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You know what, all of the final 15 guys are better than someone already in the HOF. Just as in other sports HOF, the reality is they keep it some artificial number and all it does is create hot stove or social media talk. I kinda believe they enjoy that part of it. If it were up to me they'd lift the limit on the number who can be voted in a single year. Eventually ,most if not all of the injustices in sports HOF would dwindle down. JMO

I have no doubt there are valid arguments all around on warner, but to take into his account his NFLE and Arena stats would be ridiculous. Arena league is not the same game and NFLE, while being the same game is not the quality of the NFL. If you want to base his induction solely on his NFL career, I may not totally agree, but it's a valid argument.

This. I also think his distance travelled HAS to be taken into account unless all the Hall serves as is a statistical archive in which case why have voters, just set an abitrary level and follow the numbers?

totally disagree. Do we start to talk about a poor upbringing, no money to afford eqiupment.... mom or dad working multiple jobs just to afford football.... It's based on the NFL, nothing else should be taken into account.

I have no doubt there are valid arguments all around on warner, but to take into his account his NFLE and Arena stats would be ridiculous. Arena league is not the same game and NFLE, while being the same game is not the quality of the NFL. If you want to base his induction solely on his NFL career, I may not totally agree, but it's a valid argument.

totally disagree. Do we start to talk about a poor upbringing, no money to afford eqiupment.... mom or dad working multiple jobs just to afford football.... It's based on the NFL, nothing else should be taken into account.

I mean his NFL distance travelled. Like I say if you want to totally ignore story and context then you have a Hall that is basically a statistical archive. The guy became a starter in the pre-season because of injury and went from unheard of backup to MVP with a historically great offense and winning a Superbowl. That will never happen again.

I'm not sure what part "The Pro Football Hall of Fame" you don't understand. It's not the NFL HOF. So of course they would consider that he was successful at all levels of pro play.

You shouldn't start posts with "without doing research...."

I'm not sure what part "The Pro Football Hall of Fame" you don't understand. It's not the NFL HOF. So of course they would consider that he was successful at all levels of pro play.

Does that confuse you?

Do you think WFL, USFL performances should be taken into account and do you know if they ever are?

+1 have to agree. Kurt Warner had a dream season with the Rams winning the SB and then almost won it for ARizona except for a spectacular 90 yard drive by Ben Rothelisberger.

+1 have to agree. Kurt Warner had a dream season with the Rams winning the SB and then almost won it for ARizona except for a spectacular 90 yard drive by Ben Rothelisberger.

let's not forget the interception that Warner threw at halftime that went for a 99 yard touchdown for Pittsburgh.

As far as I'm concerned TO was THE most deserving guy on the ballot. LT was probably next. Warner is a HOFer as well. TD I go back and forth on. He was dominant but had a very short career. I'm cool wit Anderson too. TO is above all of those guys though IMO.

The HOF to me is for players that were historically great. It's not that complicated. Was Jason Taylor historically great? He was a nice player but when you talk about the great pass rushers of all-time, he doesn't belong in the conversation.

Think about this for a second, Lynn Swann is on the HOF and TO isn't. AND PLEASE DONT CHALK THIS UP TO "A PASSING ERA!!"

Swann: 336 receptions, 5,462 yards and 51 TDs

TO: 1,078 receptions, 15,934 yards and 153 TDs

I think Swann is questionable too, but he was the big play guy on 4 championship teams which is why his credentials go beyond just stats.

Obviously the TO omission is absurd and just petty politics.

Taylor is one of those guys who stuck around long enough and stayed healthy enough so that he piled up a big sack #. A HOVG player for sure, but nothing about him says HOF to me. I think he's a terrible choice, especially given the names on the list.

Davis is the toughest one. 4 years in looked like a top 5 all time RB and then boom, career ending injury. I still don't know what you do with that.