New Chenelly Tweets 1/3/17

Reed83HOF

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what are those? All I got from that is Lynn may not want the job

According to Joe C, it's not even that Lynn doesn't want the job, it's that Whaley might not want him.

But it's obviously so predictable because ya know, there isn't a thread on here from this same crowd saying that Whaley is just going to hand the job to Lynn.

Either way it happens, this is going to get negative spin.

Jeez - who is this guy now? I follow a few Bills blogger types and I'm not even sure which one is road sodas guy..........i can't keep up with this anymore.

Good question. I don't know, but I find it intriguing. He was quoted in just about every major newspaper over the past month on Veterans issues and he seems to have a lot of reporters following him on Twitter. I know that doesn't mean anything in football, but it is interesting. A few searches on here and Google shows he was the or among the first to say Rex Ryan was in Florida meeting with the Pegulas and that he'd be hired that night. I don't see anyone else that was saying it first or with more detail that turned out to be right. he was the first to say Hughes would get re-signed. He had it an hour before the rest on here. He said Felton was coming in and would be signed before I see anyone else did. He reported Harvin was getting signed right at the same time as Josina Anderson but before everyone else. He was saying two years ago the Pegulas were going hire Polian as a czar. That turned out to be wrong but then later we found they had offered it to him. He said last year Coughlin was being offered a similar czar role. That also turned out to apparently be wrong but we later found out Coughlin was at least at the facility for a while. The one thing I see is that it appears he went to high school with Kim Pegula. No sign that they knew each other but still interesting.

and what are those? All I got from that is Lynn may not want the job

According to Joe C, it's not even that Lynn doesn't want the job, it's that Whaley might not want him.

But it's obviously so predictable because ya know, there isn't a thread on here from this same crowd saying that Whaley is just going to hand the job to Lynn.

Either way it happens, this is going to get negative spin.

In short, as I have posted since before Rex got fired, the Bills job would not be a desirable job because of the way the prior HC was treated and concerns that potential candidates would have about that which are now more pronounced after that PC. As a result, we will be stuck with candidates that are not particularly in demand and would be beholden to DW.

As for DW not being interested in AL, I have a theory that DW did not like being overshadowed by Rex. Consistent with that, he would not want to choose AL (someone Rex brought in and recommended) and would not be interested in someone with any cache that would overshadow him. This is another reason that we are unlikely to end up with someone that we are particularly excited about unless something changes and/or the Pegulas overpay.

The other concern that people are going to have is why would any candidate want to hitch their success to Whaley -- not only because of concerns about DW -- but concerns about whether the guy that may hire you will be around in a year (based on reports that DW has a year to satisfy ownership).

In the end, the job has been viewed by (at least certain) people as the least desirable of the job openings - which is particularly depressing given that one of the openings is the Jacksonville job.

Edited by Peter

So much drama.

And I suspect most of it is manufactured by the revered local media.

Yeah, but...the team is an easy target. I understand that Whaley was being mostly truthful in his press conference, but, his choice of words wasn't the best. You'd think he would have worked with someone, Berchtold maybe, on how to best answer the questions he knew would be asked. I would think that a professional organization would have done their homework. What makes a person believe that Whaley has the right stuff to interview a potential HC? Will he prepare for that, or will he just go off the cuff?

It's too late, but, the Pegulas should have gotten rid of Whaley too, in my opinion. Bring in Todd Williams and let him have at it.

How was Ryan treated......given a 5 year $27.5M guaranteed contract...more power over personnel than the GM....reported directly to the owner and not the GM and was fired because he destroyed a top 4 defense and the team looked lost and disorganized

I get that you do not agree . . . but try to be open minded about concerns that potential candidates might have that the prior coach was fired in less than two years even though he was the most successful coach in the franchise's past 17 years and notwithstanding all of the injuries and suspensions and QB play while there were devastating leaks undermining the coach moments before a critical game and weeks to follow.

No matter who that former coach was and who it happened to, it is both reasonable and likely that potential candidates would have concern (at a minimum).

SMH. You know what we'll end up with a coach at the end of the day. You know what else there are a bunch of people who are chomping at the bit for one of these jobs. I don't believe Anthony Lynn is in any position to turn down anyone for an NFL HC job. He wants it and feels he's losing any grip he thought he had.

Leaks. Very questionable. Most fans wanted Rex gone.

Most? Does that mean "majority"? I tailgate with about 20 people every week and the majority didn't want or need to see him fired. Would have rather had him be given an ultimatum to fix the defense (with guys healthy) and be given another year. The reasons were multiple. Who's the QB is the primary concern. If you go with TT, who has no grit and can't bring this team back to win games late, it won't matter who the coach is or how well the D performs. TT had a chance to win numerous games this season and just plain sucked with the game on the line. Sorry, games in the NFL are tight and you need a guy to lead comebacks, he can't.

I don't care who the coach is, doesn't matter. Could have been Rex, could be anyone you want to name but without a legit franchise QB, none of it matters. What seems to be the cause here it "break the playoff drought," but all that means is a playoff loss without a franchise QB. If the Bills sneaked in this year or next with TT, do you feel confident with him against any of the QB currently in the playoffs? Nope.

So to me, after everyone hear cheers the eventual playoff entry, the bigger goal is sustained winning and playoff runs leading to a Super Bowl. That ain't happening with TT, it's just not. No HC candidate can turn him into a Super Bowl QB. Just say that to yourself, TT starting QB for the AFC champion Bills. Uh, nope.

So, Rex or whoever is not the hurdle to sustained winning, which should be the goal. It's a QB.

It's not a desired position because the GM has one foot out the door already.

And when the GM goes, 95% of the time the coach goes with him.

Can't think a lot of coaches would be happy walking into that type of situation.

That is one of the reasons I have listed the compounds the problem. If you do not think that the others matter, so be it. Nevertheless, it is entirely reasonable and understandable that the other stuff would cause potential candidates concern.

Most? Does that mean "majority"? I tailgate with about 20 people every week and the majority didn't want or need to see him fired. Would have rather had him be given an ultimatum to fix the defense (with guys healthy) and be given another year. The reasons were multiple. Who's the QB is the primary concern. If you go with TT, who has no grit and can't bring this team back to win games late, it won't matter who the coach is or how well the D performs. TT had a chance to win numerous games this season and just plain sucked with the game on the line. Sorry, games in the NFL are tight and you need a guy to lead comebacks, he can't.

I don't care who the coach is, doesn't matter. Could have been Rex, could be anyone you want to name but without a legit franchise QB, none of it matters. What seems to be the cause here it "break the playoff drought," but all that means is a playoff loss without a franchise QB. If the Bills sneaked in this year or next with TT, do you feel confident with him against any of the QB currently in the playoffs? Nope.

So to me, after everyone hear cheers the eventual playoff entry, the bigger goal is sustained winning and playoff runs leading to a Super Bowl. That ain't happening with TT, it's just not. No HC candidate can turn him into a Super Bowl QB. Just say that to yourself, TT starting QB for the AFC champion Bills. Uh, nope.

So, Rex or whoever is not the hurdle to sustained winning, which should be the goal. It's a QB.

It is very humorous when guys on this board or sports radio claim that "most" people wanted Rex fired etc. I was told on this board that I was only one of two that wanted Rex to continue . . . at least until that poll.

My worst fears.

Sadly, predictable.

Dont' believe any of this BS. If you didn't learn anything over the past year, it's that the media can't be trusted. They just manufacture stories these days. 95% of what you read from any media source is complete garbage.

So much drama.

And I suspect most of it is manufactured by the revered local media.

Of course; Bill's mismanagement, poor coaching, poor drafting, and lack of on - field success has absolutely nothing to do with this reporting! Ah, it's the media!

It's not a desired position because the GM has one foot out the door already.

And when the GM goes, 95% of the time the coach goes with him.

Can't think a lot of coaches would be happy walking into that type of situation.

He does? Did this come from OBD or is it more conjecture?