our division rivals - the Jets

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/bowles-denies-report-that-hackenberg-is-awful-in-practice/

This reminds me of PFW's report that Aaron Maybin was godawful in early practices, but the team (and the fan base, truth be told) went into damage control mode and blamed the media. Anyway, this looks like good news for Bills fans going forward.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/bowles-denies-report-that-hackenberg-is-awful-in-practice/

This reminds me of PFW's report that Aaron Maybin was godawful in early practices, but the team (and the fan base, truth be told) went into damage control mode and blamed the media. Anyway, this looks like good news for Bills fans going forward.

As much as I've debated these last few days insisting that sports media is--by and large--sensationalists hacks, more often than not, where's there's smoke, there's fire.

Here's the problem with that story and profootballtalk. The story is about an unnamed (not that I expect one) coach saying Hackenburg sucks in practice. No reason to believe that wasn't said. But that's the story here.

Then the guy reporting it, rightfully, asks Bowles, who says of course not. There is nothing else he could say. Then profootballtalk uses the headline "Bowles denies" as if that is the story. It is not at all the story. It's no part of the story. And the way the sports and the media work these days it all but implies there is a big cover-up and Bowles knows Hackenburg sucks but won't admit it.

That's just wrong.

Here's the problem with that story and profootballtalk. The story is about an unnamed (not that I expect one) coach saying Hackenburg sucks in practice. No reason to believe that wasn't said. But that's the story here.

Then the guy reporting it, rightfully, asks Bowles, who says of course not. There is nothing else he could say. Then profootballtalk uses the headline "Bowles denies" as if that is the story. It is not at all the story. It's no part of the story. And the way the sports and the media work these days it all but implies there is a big cover-up and Bowles knows Hackenburg sucks but won't admit it.

That's just wrong.

The more important takeaway: the evidence is accumulating that he sucks (i didn't like him in his last year at psu), which is nothing but good news for us. Edited by dave mcbride

The more important takeaway: the evidence is accumulating that he sucks (i didn't like him in his last year at psu), which is nothing but good news for us.

Most everyone except someone on the Jets thought he would suck. He wasn't good for three years. Not to mention the incredible stupidity of knowing Geno sucks, knowing you wanted to re-sign Fitzy, and not knowing for sure that Petty sucks. Keeping four is insane.

The more important takeaway: the evidence is accumulating that he sucks (i didn't like him in his last year at psu), which is nothing but good news for us.

he had one good year since HS, and that was his true freshman year. He's gotten progressively worse every year since. The fact that even Bill OBrien didn't want him in the draft, in a year when they needed a QB, and he was the only one to coach him to look good, was a giant red flag.

People loved to make excuses for him his entire PSU career. There was plenty of film to show he just wasn't good. He has all the "tools", they said...

Edited by YoloinOhio